OILERS SIGN PETRELL, CONFUSE THOUSANDS

The Edmonton Oilers signed a soon-to-be free agent winger today. Lennart Petrell–one of the charter members of the Area 51 4th line from last season–is back for another season.

The Oilers forward depth chart now looks like this:

1. C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
  2. C Sam Gagner (RFA)
  3. C Shawn Horcoff
  4. C Eric Belanger
  5. C Anton Lander
  6. C Chris VandeVelde (RFA)
  7. L Taylor Hall
  8. L Ben Eager
  9. L Lennart Petrell
  10. L Magnus Paajarvi
  11. L Teemu Hartikainen
  12. R Ales Hemsky
  13. R Jordan Eberle
  14. R Ryan Jones

Now we know there will be movement, but this move would appear to:

1. Once again confuse the roster spot(s) that might be available to Hartikainen and or Paajarvi.
  2. Push Ryan Smyth a little farther out the door.
  3. Make Ben Eager expendable.

Unusual move, based on what hasn’t happened.

87 Responses to "OILERS SIGN PETRELL, CONFUSE THOUSANDS"

1. Ducey says:

It also allows them to keep Lander, Hartikanen and MPS in the AHL until they are ready. This is good.

Maybe they put Petrell on waivers at the end of training camp. If he clears he can be on the shuttle back and forth all season. It would be expensive but its better than messing up a real prospect.

2. regwald says:

I blame this on MacT … it’s just a matter of time before he gets PP time and 1st line minutes !!

Too soon ? Ok, maybe … LOL

3. Mr DeBakey says:

Man, every time I see that guy’s picture, I miss Liam Reddox a little more.

Team Yakety Yak (don’t talk back)

Edmonton Oilers Relative Corsi 5v5 for forwards who played more than 30 games:

DARCYHORDICHUK -9.1
    ANTONLANDER -11.3
    LENNARTPETRELL -16.1

GOOD JOB!!!

GOOD EFFORT!!!

5. russ99 says:

If this is a two way deal for depth on the defensive forward side of the balance sheet, then it’s a good move.

If Tambellini (still GM when I last looked) is bringing Petrell in to play on the 3rd or 4th line in lieu of vastly better players on the FA market, then it’s an awful, business as usual, we don’t care about the playoffs typical Oilers move.

6. bookje says:

The Return of Toby Peterson!!

7. bookje says:

More seriously, what does this mean on the trade front. Why would the Oilers sign Petrell now with rumours of a trade for a defenseman. One might think it means that one or more of the wingers are on their way out?

JW didn’t mind the signing (over at ON).

If it is as a marginal AHL/NHL player its probably ok.

bookje:
    More seriously, what does this mean on the trade front.Why would the Oilers sign Petrell now with rumours of a trade for a defenseman.One might think it means that one or more of the wingers are on their way out?

JW didn’t mind the signing (over at ON).

If it is as a marginal AHL/NHL player its probably ok.

He also limited shots on the PK better than any Oiler. (4v5 SA/60)

I also think he’s quite replaceable and someone like Harski should be tagged for his spot.

I was laughed at a few months ago when I suggested Taylor and Jordan’s 2nd contracts would be $50 million for seven years in the current CBA’s cap dollars. The cap dollars will likely be rolled back in the next CBA so cap dollars and real dollars are roughly equivalent again.

The problem with Petrell was Renney. You can’t play Petrell with two other guys who can’t get the puck up the ice. Petrell with Lander and Eager was just plain insane. One of the truly insane things Renney did.

If Petrell plays on a line with one guy who can drive positive Corsi (Hemsky, the wonder kids, Gagner, Paajarvi), he will be a decent bottom six player.

I’d prefer Michalek to Martin. And Bouwmeester to either. Garrison over all of them.

10. PDO says:

Karlsson is overpaid, no way around it. We’ll see how that works out.

The Oilers are bringing back an awful large number of familiar faces for a 29th place team.

Curious where it goes from here. Liked him as a person, was fun to watch, worked very hard, and was very good on the PK. Great guy to be able to slap in the press box as well.

Gotta figure there are some trades coming.

Hopefully Tambo has better results than his usual trades…

11. PDO says:

godot10:
    I was laughed at a few months ago when I suggestedTaylor and Jordan’s 2nd contracts would be $50 million for seven years in the current CBA’s cap dollars.The cap dollars will likely be rolled back in the next CBA so cap dollars and real dollars are roughly equivalent again.

The problem with Petrell was Renney.You can’t play Petrell with two other guys who can’t get the puck up the ice.Petrell with Lander and Eager was just plain insane.One of the truly insane things Renney did.

I’d prefer Michalek to Martin.And Bouwmeester to either.Garrison over all of them.

Michalek > Bouw > Martin

I’d suspect their trade value would reflect that as well.

Garrison is going to Vancouver. Besides that, I’m very leery of how good he actually is.

12. DSF says:

Why on God’s green earth would you sign players like Potter, Sutton and Petrell before July 1st.

Pillar to post.

Jeebus.

13. Rondo says:

Pierre McGuire on TSN says Oilers should trade #1 with Montreal and get PK Subban and the 3rd pick Reinhart)

14. DSF says:

PDO:
    Karlsson is overpaid, no way around it.We’ll see how that works out.

Curious where it goes from here.Liked him as a person, was fun to watch, worked very hard, and was very good on the PK.Great guy to be able to slap in the press box as well.

Gotta figure there are some trades coming.

Hopefully Tambo has better results than his usual trades…

Paying a scrub like Horcoff $5.5M annually is ludicrous…paying Karlsson $6.5 million is a freaking bargain.

15. PDO says:

DSF: A 22 year old defenseman who will likely win the Norris trophy and led all defensemen by 23 points with 78 points CAN’T be over paid.

And if Karlsson reverts to a 40 point guy who is butter soft?

16. Brett Gee says:

Good thing they got him signed before someone else heard that he existed and snatched him up from under our noses to play in the AHL.

McGuire wants to trade Yak for D, but then who will score goals? If they get the 3rd would they be wise to use it on Griff? I say if they trade for a D like Subban then they need to use the pick on one of the forwards.

17. Maverick says:

Rondo:
    Pierre McGuire on TSN says Oilers shouldtrade#1 with Montrealand getPK Subban and the 3rd pick Reinhart)

Yep, and now we all see why he got passed over as the GM of the Canadiens.

McGuire put alot of value on the 1st pick, Subban AND the 3rd! That would be a Steve Tambellini wet dream, not sure good old Steve-o would wipe that s**t-ass grin off his face.

18. DSF says:

PDO: And if Karlsson reverts to a 40 point guy who is butter soft?

What would think the chances are of that happening?

I’ll entertain a bet with you (say $1000 Benjamins) that Karlsson scores more than .5 PPG next season.

You in?

godot10: I was laughed at a few months ago when I suggested Taylor and Jordan’s 2nd contracts would be $50 million for seven years in the current CBA’s cap dollars.

I agree with almost everything you say except this:

I would say you were argued with, a significant difference.
    PDO,

I think he’s very good, especially holding tough comp to a standstill.

His offense probably won’t be as high without Campbell, but he still has offense according to his playing history.

If he plays for the Dys then DSF will assure us he’s as good as Doughty and how utterly inept every GM except Tallon was for not picking him up.

20. Maverick says:

Was Petrell a Tambellini signing? Or was he a Rick Olczyk signing? Or a MacT signing? Based upon who signed up the contract brings forth differing view points.

Tambellini – “steady eddie, know your enemy” signs Petrell cause he knows him, less risk than a FA and we all know Tambellini’s track record with UFA’s. (that is why I think Krueger might be the coach, but that is another story for another time)

Olczyk – “peacocking – fluffing up feathers” showing he fits in the organization to make decisions even if with Kevin Lowe and the Owner’s buddy MacT back in the fold.

MacT – “Toby Peterson” – over valuing 4th liners and playing them higher in the lineup. And Kurri recommended the Oilers sign him last year so he must be good.

I am not a fan of this signing, would have preferred a Pisani 2.0 as LT would suggest.

DSF: What would think the chances are of that happening?

You in?

Awesome.

PDO suggests he might regress to 40pts/season and DSF says “OH YEAH, I BET YOU $1000 HE GETS 41!!!

You can’t write this stuff.

22. thurmtim says:

Woodguy: Awesome.

You can’t write this stuff.

Are you kidding? It writes itself. Comedy gold….

23. bookje says:

Woodguy: I haven’t read JW’s defence of the signing, but you can make a case that Lander killed his numbers. (via WOWY)

He also limited shots on the PK better than any Oiler. (4v5 SA/60)

Ok, fine, but at least its not Barker! That’s a pretty good thing, right?

24. DSF says:

Woodguy: Awesome.

You can’t write this stuff.

If you believe PDO has any real value….it doesn’t.

The esteemed PDO believes a 22 year old player who just put up 78 points is likely to see his production cut in half despite him likely going to improve based on his age, pedigree and improving supporting cast.

Sounds like easy money to me.

You’re a betting man…what would you do?

25. spoiler says:

DSF: If you believe PDO has any real value….it doesn’t.

Sounds like easy money to me.

You’re a betting man…what would you do?

I will bet you that your thesis of improvement is incorrect. 1000 Benjamin’s against Karlsson bettering that point production next season.

Sounds like easy money to me.

DSF: If you believe PDO has any real value….it doesn’t.

Sounds like easy money to me.

You’re a betting man…what would you do?

Actually I was talking about PDO the poster not PDO the stat (although the stat is named after the poster)

Who says who’s production will be cut in half?

27. striatic says:

via tencer – https://twitter.com/dantencer/status/215255984564748290

“Spoke with Brian Burke. “I have no sense from Edmonton that the pick is in play. If somebody is actively trying to trade for it it’s not us””

DSF: If you believe PDO has any real value….it doesn’t.

Sounds like easy money to me.

You’re a betting man…what would you do?

I bet you Karlsson’s pts/gm decrease in the 12/13 season from the 11/12 season.

29. PDO says:

This thread just went from good to amazing, thanks DSF.

You’re a BC local no?

If you’re local to Edmonton I’d gladly bet you $500 that Karlsson finishes with less than 70 points.

I mean, you lose your hedge on him getting injured, but that’s a negative on him that you love to throw up against Oiler players, so fair is fair, right? Beyond that, he had 78 this year, so really, I’m giving you 8 free points!

PDO:
    This thread just went from good to amazing, thanks DSF.

You’re a BC local no?

I mean, you lose your hedge on him getting injured, but that’s a negative on him that you love to throw up against Oiler players, so fair is fair, right?Beyond that, he had 78 this year, so really, I’m giving you 8 free points!

8!!!!

31. PunjabiOil says:

Awesome.

You can’t write this stuff.

DSF being DSF.

32. Kris11 says:

I don’t know enough about Karlson to bet.

But instead of betting money, (unenforceable, illegal?, and uncouth) why not bet something like this: the loser never posts here again. Or maybe the loser has to change his name to “I am a Canucks fan” or something similarly awful.

33. PDO says:

Kris11:
    I don’t know enough about Karlson to bet.

You say you don’t know enough, but it’s like you already know DSF will lose :)

34. Lewko says:

PunjabiOil,

You guys are having a fun time beating up on DSF here but the craziest statement in this whole thing was PDO suggesting he goes back to being a 40 pt defenseman next year. I don’t know how how you can state that contract is an overpay. He’s not even in his prime.

Throwing out bets like 70 pts is insane when the original comment was a regression to 40 pts. .5PPG just covers on injury. I’d be more than happy to bet .6 PPG on Karlsson next year. Throwing out stuff like 70 pts is insanse as it doesn’t cover injury, a risk to every player and bet, and not even close to the original statement made by PDO.

Feels like a round of bullying going on here…

35. Kris11 says:

Again, I don’t know squat about Karlsson and am too lazy to look at his stats. What amount of points is he most likely to score next year? Maybe specify within a 5 point range.

36. bookje says:

Woodguy: Actually PDO (the stat) has pretty good predictive value when guessing icreases and decrease, but like everything short of a clear crystal ball, won’t give you a number, just a range.

I bet you Karlsson’s pts/gm decrease in the 12/13 season from the 11/12 season.

I’ll bet that Karlsson maintains a positive Points/Saunders Ratio next year. That means that he gets more points than he eats entire buckets of fried chicken over the season.

37. PunjabiOil says:

Lewko:
    PunjabiOil,

Feels like a round of bullying going on here…

I actually think it’s a reasonable contract.

That said, I’ve been on here and HF (and now Oilersnation) long enough to read DSF’s daily trolling. If he is indeed being “bullied”, he brought it upon himself.

38. bookje says:

I am not taking any bets regarding Dustin Penner’s Points/Saunders Ratio (PoSaundRat) next year. Its simply too hard to call.

39. Kris11 says:

bookje,

That’s a bet. Wait, are we talking Original Recipe?

40. Mr DeBakey says:

Do you think maybe Lennart Petrell and Liam Reddox were separated at birth?

I’d be careful with the anti-Karlson remarks. When Mudcrutch dissed the Capital Darling his comments section section developed a severe case of Senatorial infestation. It weren’t pretty.

Only 3 more sleeps til Yakmass!

Team Yakety Yak (don’t talk back)

41. bookje says:

Kris11:
    bookje,

That’s a bet.Wait, are we talking Original Recipe?

Wait, do they even still have that ‘crispy chicken’ stuff where they loaded on about 3x the amount of breading and fat?

42. PDO says:

Lewko:
    PunjabiOil,

Feels like a round of bullying going on here…

Tons of reasons to believe he won’t repeat a 78 point season.

He established himself as a 40 point guy over two seasons, then doubles it on the back of a ton of OZ starts, being involved in a huge percentage of goals, and having a lot of puck luck in general.

Funny thing; I actually made a more fair bet than DSF. If he came at 50, you’d have a point. Instead, he did his usual act.

43. Kris11 says:

Lewko,

The craziest statement is Bookie’s KFC stupidity. The second craziest is your implication that DSF can be offended.

Watch:

DSF, you are a troll. You’re not even an Oilers fan. Go away. You ruin every thread. Everyone hates you.

He’ll be back.

44. slopitch says:

Man if the Oilers can get Subban and 3rd that would be the right kind of offer for our needs.

Pick up Subban
    Draft Galchenyuk (leave him in junior)
    Sign Schultz
    Resign Smyth
    Playoffs!!

45. Kris11 says:

bookje,

No comeback, eh Bookje? I look forward to your changing your name to “I ama aCanucks fan.”

Mr DeBakey:
    Do you think maybe Lennart Petrell and Liam Reddox were separated at birth?

I’d be careful with the anti-Karlson remarks.When Mudcrutch dissed the Capital Darling his comments section section developed a severe case ofSenatorial infestation. It weren’t pretty.

Only 3 more sleeps til Yakmass!

Team Yakety Yak (don’t talk back)

Just like Danny Devito and Arnold Schwartzenegger in Twins.

47. bookje says:

Kris11:
    bookje,

Comeback? I never went away.

48. Kris11 says:

bookje,

I was thinking honey barbecue recipe.

The bet is off. You know too much about KFC. You math geek loser.

Kris11:
    Lewko,

Watch:

He’ll be back.

Thanks for describing DSF.

I had no idea.

50. Lewko says:

Kris11,

Subban and #3 isn’t going to happen unless there’s something else real good from Edmonton.

52. SpotTheLoon says:

Subban and #3 would be a huge overpay by Montreal for #1.

53. Kris11 says:

LT,

If the Oilers (stupidly in my opinion) trade down to 2, 3, or 4 and pick Reinhart over Galchenyuk and/or Murray, and we here that it was largely Stu MacGregor’s call, will you continue to call Stu “Maginficent Bastard”?

I might call him “KFC Bastard” after that, but I’ve never been good with nicknames.

54. DBO says:

what if it’s MPS and the 1st for Subban and the 3rd? Would have to think about it.

55. SoxandOil says:

I was listening to the Fan 960 on my way home today. In a interview Elliotte Friedman said that he wouldn’t trade Subban for anything less then a generational talent and that he doesn’t see a talent like that in the draft. I know he’s not known for scouting but he is connected and have to feel that he isn’t entirely alone in his views. To paraphase he said he wouldn’t trade Subban for Yak straight up nevermind the 3rd overall.

Just draft Yak. No fancy footwork.

56. fuzzy muppet says:

I have a question on the timing of some moves.

If you are the Oilers, would you wait to make any Defensive moves until July 1st? If you start acquiring A d-man or two at the draft or in the 10 days after, doesn’t that reduce the chances of also acquiring Schultz(from the playing time standpoint)?

Conversely, if the Oilers wait too long to make a move or two in hopes of getting Schultz, they may miss out on some good deals at discount rates (JBO, Martin, Michalek, Tyutin etc.).

So what do you think they should do???

57. DSF says:

PDO: I never said he would go back to being a 40 point guy; I asked what happens if he does?

Tons of reasons to believe he won’t repeat a 78 point season.

Funny thing; I actually made a more fair bet than DSF.If he came at 50, you’d have a point.Instead, he did his usual act.

What happens if the Mayans were right?

There are as many reasons to think he can improve on his last season as there are to think he can’t.

He’s 22.

The Senators are going to get better…they have a great young core.

Watch.

Kris11:
    LT,

If the Oilers take anyone other than Yakupov at #1 then based on what we know that’s an extremely poor selection. If they trade down, I would assume that has at least something to do with addressing immediate need, and I would think that would be ST’s area.

59. mattwatt says:

Lewko: Kris11, I’m an avid reader here and no question DSF can handle himself and is a bit of a downer on the Oilers. Was never about him, just the principle.PDO – His first 2 seasons were his first 2 in the league…Growth is to be expected although your point is very valid that 78 pt yr probably a high water mark. Lets say he settles in as a 55-65 pt guy and top pairing D. I feel thats worth the ticket…Back to Oilers business, if Subban + 3 is out there you jump all over that don’t you? (its likely not out there I know)

Issue with Karlson is how much he takes off the table too. Man makes plays, no doubt. He also gives up a bunch too. I think the tendency of his to give up chances will curtail as he gets older, but it is possible that it won’t. Also have to consider if him becoming a better defensive player is at the expense of his offense? Then again, what 22 year olds have shown the ability that he has? Steep price, but barring injury, feel that Karlson is good to cover his bet.

Question is where does this put the Oiler Kids? Maybe wise for Tambo and Co. to lock them up at 6 years for 30-35 now? Or wait to see how the season plays out? I vote for the latter, but if players salaries continue to rise as they are maybe I am in the wrong. What do others think?

Also, I would do MPS and 1st for 3rd and Subban. And this is coming from one of MPS’s strongest supporters.

60. Kris11 says:

So if MacGregor says it, you’ll agree that Reinhart is the better prospect (or equal prospect) to Galchenyuk?

Is it only Stu you’d give that deference to, or would you give it to any head scout type guy?

Kris11:

I’m not sure what you’re asking me. Galchenyuk is a player I really like (as reflected by my top 30) but I would understand that the Oilers have some questions about him–in fact we already know this because he wasn’t invited or part of the 5 names released by MacGregor.

What is it you’re asking me here?

62. DSF says:

Everyone who loves hockey should read this.

Ken Dryden on Red Fischer:

63. GordM says:

Oh Defensemen are a tricky bunch…here we are talking about Subban (a mere 43rd overall selection) and how MTL would be crazy to trade him for the 1st overall pick.

64. Nostradumbass says:

DSF,

No offense to Red Fischer who has had a great career but the man hasn’t written anything of significance in well over a decade. Just another meh reporter with luke warm opinions, makes me pine for the end of newspapers so I don’t have to read a tribute column to Steve Simmons in 30 years

65. bookje says:

Nostradumbass:
    DSF,

Troll Alert – Save your responses for someone that matters.

66. DSF says:

Nostradumbass:
    DSF,

Somehow I don’t think Simmons will be rewarded with much of anything when he’s 85.

If you’re pining for the end of newspapers, it’s likely you’ll see that happen in your lifetime.

But the man has lived and died hockey for a very, very long time with wit, wisdom and insight.

But fill yer boots.

Sad.

67. DSF says:

Bob McKenzie report Bobby Ryan is on the trade market.

Sam Gagner and the #1 pick.

Do it Steve.

68. Ducey says:

Was listening to the Pipeline Show this PM. They said they thought the Oilers were going to take Murray.

They said their sources tell them the scouts want Murray, K Lowe wants Reinhart, and Tambo is going to trust his scouts.

One of the Pipeline guys felt Murray was the #1.

69. Rondo says:

Why did NJ decide to keep it’s 29th pick ? This would have been the year to forfeit the pick.

They must be trading it, perhaps a player and the 29th to move up in the draft. But it would seem like it would have to be an significant move up maybe top 10.

70. fuzzy muppet says:

Ducey,

If they take Murray #1, they clearly don’t understand the value of #1 overall. Last D to go #1: Erik Johnson. The next four picks: Staal, Toews, Backstrom, Kessel.

I hope this is all a big misdirection

71. Brett Gee says:

Ducey:
    Was listening to the Pipeline Show this PM.They said they thought the Oilers were going to take Murray.

One of the Pipeline guys felt Murray was the #1.

Well, if that’s true and they don’t trade Yak’s rights away then we’ve hit a new low in WTF is going on here. A low I never thought could be attained.

72. Doug McLachlan says:

GordM:

Forwards are so much more protectable to be sure. Yet another argument for Yakupov at #1.

73. fuzzy muppet says:

Doug McLachlan,

Agreed.

If they think Reinhart is the next Weber, there’s one big difference. Weber wasn’t taken #1 Overall. He wasn’t even a 1st rounder.

There is ZERO value taking a defenseman #1…

74. bookje says:

Brett Gee: Well, if that’s true and they don’t trade Yak’s rights away then we’ve hit a new low in WTF is going on here.A low I never thought could be attained.

“If that’s true” is the key. I admit to being a skeptic of all of the drama, but even I am starting to wonder (the lack of a draft party has me particularly ‘wondering’ given that at one point Taylor Hall indicated that he was going to be at sed draft party).

With that said, the Oilers fell madly in love with Hall’s desire to win, I think that Yak may have even more ‘compete level’ than Hall. So, I still think that the Oilers are taking Yak and that the MSM knows very little if anything so they are guessing based upon a few moderately connected conversations. The thing is, I would bet that there are no more than about 3-4 guys who actually know who the Oilers are picking at the draft at this point and they might not even be sure.

75. Doug McLachlan says:

Nor, IMHO, is there much value in trading Gagner for the purpose of drafting a d-man with the pick (usually Carolina’s in the speculation I’ve read). You try and fill one hole but create another.

If you keep #1 and take Yakupov and the future d-man you want is still there at 8 could the following work?

Send Hemsky and a 2nd to Carolina for #8 and McBain. We trade away Hemsky’s experience but have an offensive forward in Yakupov to fill the slot (though Eberle would actually take the toughs) get a young NHL d-man in McBain who has been passed in the Carolina system by Faulk. Perhaps you can also get Sutter as a throw-in and add to your bottom six.

You may then need to repackage #8 to move up to Reinhart territory but I think the goal should be Yakupov AND Reinhart not OR Reinhart.

76. Ribs says:

Just figured I’d post some more Fussy. This is from April 10th….

Oilers close to signing Petrell to a 2 yr deal,will also shop Gagner at the draft.

She was off on the extra year, but I don’t recall anyone else mentioning they wee working on a extension.

77. Ribs says:

Tencer chatted with Lowe tonight. Tweeted…

Lowe tells me absolutely no serious offers on the 1st overall pick. He says, “my sense is that we’ll pick”. Offer would have to be huge…

Still nuthin, huh.

Lowe also says he’s instructed Stu and staff to them who’s going to be the best player in 5,6,7 years. Those years just keep going higher!

78. Kris11 says:

Hey LT,

I guess I was asking, in an admittedly confusing way, whether you accept that Reinhart is worth a shot at 2 or 3 overall.

I’d say no, but I see that you’ve already written about this.

Sorry.

79. Kris11 says:

Galchenyuk seems like the best bet at 2 overall to me, and by a country mile, but I’m not much of a judge. I mean, I almost took that KFCbet with Bookie.

80. DeadmanWaking says:

TJ is a funny guy. Here he goes with Oilers should draft Yakupov, for hockey’s sake, but by the same logic we could trade down to select Dumba unless he recalls Coffey as king of the trap.

How can you trade down from a chance to put that piece of the jigsaw puzzle in place?

By trading down to put that other piece of the jigsaw puzzle in place? Never mind that we also had Fuhr, Moog, and Ranford, those other other other jigsaw pieces.

If you are Dr Frankenstein is there a definitive order to assemble the monster’s bride? Did the monster go “uhhnnng nnggg start with the scars” only to have The Frank beat his shins with a Broadway cane “You can’t start with the scars!”?

Monster: Uhhh uhhhhh nnnnnnnnngg … start with the hair.

The Frank [a month later]: Isn’t she beautiful? Try to keep her in one piece.

Monster [the next day]: Honey! Wait! Where are you going? We were going to go skating!

81. spoiler says:

LT, please check your nationradio inbox.

82. spoiler says:

Mr DeBakey:
    Do you think maybe Lennart Petrell and Liam Reddox were separated at birth?

Only 3 sleeps til Yakmass!

Lol, that’s perfect!

83. Archie says:

I like this signing, great on the PK and a solid 4th liner, could be a little more physical though. LT as I understand it that the Oilers had already talk to Galchenyuk. I found it odd that this list was released, when usually it’s like getting blood out of a stone when it comes to getting information from the Oilers.

I would not have a problem taking Reinhart at #1, but if we can trade down to the 3rd or 4th and get some needs all the better. When I saw Cody Beach take a run at Reinhart and bounced off him like he hit a wall and it didn’t really phase Reinhart, I knew then the Oilers had to have him. Some people criticize Reinhart about his lack of physical play, but remember he was suspended early in the year for a hit and he was a marked man. If he took a major suspension it could of hurt his draft value and would of certainly hurt the OilKings.

84. bookje says:

spoiler:
    LT, please check your nationradio inbox.

And don’t forget to change your underwear.

85. bookje says:

It’s Calder Wednesday!

spoiler:
    LT, please check your nationradio inbox.

First thing I’ll do when I get to work. :-)

87. HeavySig says:

DSF,

Thanks for that DSF, used to enjoy Red’s writing back in the Hab’s glory days. Don’t really care if his writing wasn’t as good after he became a senior, by that age he had written enough to leave a legacy worthy of respect.