DID SO, DID NOT!

The story that Nail Yakupov had infections in his legs made it all the way to tsn, but it may not be as severe as first thought. Derek Van Diest covers the latest on what is truly an unusual story.

20 Responses to "DID SO, DID NOT!"

A game of “telephone” perhaps?

Given that he’s an Oiler, I’m surprised its not flesh eating disease.

Also,

Posted in the last thread:

Speaking of players no longer with the team:

Courtesy of @OILMONEY on twitter.

Its a letter from Lowe to the season seat holders after the Smyth trade.

Pure gold.

I liked this comment:

commonfan14 says: That letter ruined Robbie Schremp.

3. Traktor says:

Traktor:

Horcoff’s going to ruin everything Hahahaha.

5. Traktor says:

Lowetide: Horcoff’s going to ruin everything Hahahaha.

He basically got us Hall, RNH, and Yakupov so you shouldn’t be so harsh.

Traktor: He basically got us Hall, RNH, and Yakupov so you shouldn’t be so harsh.

He’s the best!

7. leadfarmer says:

I heard he had both legs amputated due to flesh eating virus. On his way out of the hospital he was kidnapped by DSF in an unmarked white van. He then spent the next two weeks in DSF’s basement suspended upside down from a 20 foot gold statue of Kyle Wellwood being screamed at about being a draft bust, and how he never should have been drafted number 1. After 2 weeks he finally lied to DSF and told him he hates Edmonton and is secretly in love with Kyle Wellwood and will spread the good word throughout the Al-Gore.

Traktor:

I don’t think that’s what happened last time.

I think a year was removed from every contract.

Not 100%, but I think I read it somewhere.

9. shorcov says:

Traktor: I just realized that if there is a lockout Bulin will be back for his final year except he will be one year older instead. Ditto for Sutton. Belanger’s 2 years remaining essentially becomes 3 years and Horcoff’s 3 years becomes 4 years.

I will be here forever Komrade Traktor, do not worry. Am already talking to Tambo about extension. We have many fine years together my friend.

10. DSF says:

Lowetide: He’s the best!

Sign the man!

11. DSF says:

leadfarmer:
    I heard he had both legs amputated due to flesh eating virus.On his way out of the hospital he was kidnapped by DSF in an unmarked white van.He then spent the next two weeks in DSF’s basement suspended upside down from a 20 foot gold statue of Kyle Wellwood being screamed at about being a draft bust, and how he never should have been drafted number 1.After 2 weeks he finally lied to DSF and told him he hates Edmonton and is secretly in love with Kyle Wellwood and will spread the good word throughout the Al-Gore.

Ah Wellwood…a common epithet.

Likely won’t apply to Yakupov…he seems like a player.

Gagner on the other hand….$3.2M to Wellwood’s $1.6M.

I wonder if Sam can double Wellwood’s production?

Might have to hit 90 points to get value out of that contract. :)

12. Ribs says:

It’s so crazy how this time around we will know everything about the new CBA, what it means for contracts, etc., when no one seems to know what happened last time. I sure don’t recall the ins and outs of it. I had to google how the hell Pittsburgh wound up with Crosby at the draft and it still doesn’t make sense to me.

Yakupov injuring himself falling off of a treadmill? Yep. He’s an Oiler.

13. "Steve Smith" says:

DSF: Gagner on the other hand….$3.2M to Wellwood’s $1.6M.

I wonder if Sam can double Wellwood’s production?

I wonder if Sidney Crosby can quintuple it?

14. "Steve Smith" says:

Traktor:

Do you have some kind of pipeline to how CBA negotiations are going? Because if not, I don’t see what possible basis you could have for this statement.

15. "Steve Smith" says:

Woodguy:

The line “[O'Marra and Nilsson] will join players like Pouliot, Jacques, Stortini, Brodziak, and Schremp, just to name a few…” makes me think of the fourth panel of this.

Although in defence of Oilers’ management, Kyle Brodziak is totally a legitimate NHLer.

16. iwin76 says:

DSF,

In the same way that Henrik Sedin needed to score 127 points last year to get value out of his contract? (relative to Gagner)

Traktor:

I don’t think this is true. In the previous lockout, the contract year was not tolled by the lockout. They lose the season, a year off of everyone’s contract is gone, apart from any signing bonus due July 1. If there is a lockout for the full season, the Oilers are free of Khabibulin, Belanger and Eager are down to one year, and Horcoff down to two years. The contracts are NOT tolled. Contracts were not tolled last time.

18. jake70 says:

godot10: I don’t think this is true.In the previouslockout, the contract year was not tolled by the lockout.They lose the season, a year off of everyone’s contract is gone, apart from any signing bonus due July 1.If there is a lockout for the full season, the Oilers are free of Khabibulin, Belanger and Eager are down to one year, and Horcoff down to two years.The contracts are NOT tolled.Contracts were not tolled last time.

This seems to make sense. When any work stoppage happens, for whatever reason, consequences (pain) needs to be directly felt by one of the parties involved. If you did not eliminate the year on the contract, there would be no pain felt by the player, short term yes but he still gets the total money from the contract at the end of it (removes some incentive to make a deal). Not sure I am making sense but……

19. DSF says:

iwin76:
    DSF,

Well, Sedin does have a 111 point season to his credit so he’s not all that far off.

20. Showerhead says:

Woodguy:
    A game of “telephone” perhaps?

Given that he’s an Oiler, I’m surprised its not flesh eating disease.

Also,

Posted in the last thread:

Speaking of players no longer with the team:

Courtesy of @OILMONEY on twitter.

Its a letter from Lowe to the season seat holders after the Smyth trade.

Pure gold.

This can’t be real, this can’t be real, this can’t be real.

Pouliot, Jacques, Stortini, and Brodziak? Nilsson and O’Marra?

Did this actually happen?

I don’t know where these past few years went but I’m so glad we can talk about Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yak now.

Wow.

“Dear Wife,

I quit my $100k/yr job today. But don’t worry. We will always be rich because I mow the Johnson’s lawn down the street. Sugartits.

Sincerely,