The business of hockey is underway in Europe and about to begin in junior hockey. The now defunct NHL was a terrific league, but there’s plenty of hockey straight ahead.
A few notes for Friday morning:
- Martin Gernat has an “upper body” injury and it has slowed him in training camp. Travis Ewanyk and Mitchell Moroz are looking good so far, the OK play the Rebels in Lacombe tonight and then begin the regular season next week.
- Oscar Klefbom played 12:48 (6th most among D) in Farjestads 3-2 OT loss yesterday as the SEL season got underway. He had a shot, a hit and was +1 in the contest. Twitter reports from eyewitnesses suggested he was effective.
- Rob Schremp is 4 games into his KHL career and has no points. With all those locked out Russians looking for work, I imagine Robbie will have a tough time getting minutes if he can’t post crooked numbers.
- Linus Omark may have taken time to figure out the physical part of the game, but he appears to be making up for lost time. In his debut for Zug, he was apparently unimpressive save for TEN minutes in penalties. Crazy. google translate gives us the story “Tricks with the puck remain but both he and his counterpart Zuger spectacle Omark guilty. Acquaintance with these blames Rüfenachts temperament, Omark times arrived shortly face. His talent suggests the transfer coup of only gradual and short.” Shortly face. Not bad, not bad.
- NHL waivers has a large list of former Oiler prospects. Coincidence?