NEFTEKHIMIK VERSUS TRAKTOR 9/22

Nail Yakupov makes his KHL debut this morning, and we’ll track the game here. He is in the starting lineup and should play quite a bit based on injuries.

Lineups are here (just click “team” tab). 5,500 lucky fans get a chance to watch a league that cares enough to start on time. Updates as they happen.

FINAL NOTES

• Yakupov had 4 shots on goal, best  (tie) on the club.
  • He played 13:49 on 16 shifts.
  • Yakupov did have some nice bursts (specifically on a LW rush in the 2nd period).
  • Overall, I’d say he did not stand out, but that’s not terribly upsetting based on this being his first game and the other men would have been in training camp long before.
  • It looked to me as though he was getting 2line time, his TOI total ranking him 9th on the team.
  • I didn’t see him get a lot of PP time.
  • His early shifts were too long.

26 Responses to "NEFTEKHIMIK VERSUS TRAKTOR 9/22"

1. fuzzy muppet says:

What time does the game start here?

I think it starts about now, to be honest.

Yakupov’s first shift is a tidy 39 seconds, 1 shot on goal

Second shift was a whopper, 1:04. Ouch babe.

Three shifts, 2:45. Hmm.

6. fuzzy muppet says:

Found a link: http://atdhe.tw/watch.php?id=426500

how sad is it that on my one day to sleep in I’m up at 8 to watch KHL hockey?

I think something’s wrong with me

:39, 1:04, 1:02. Then a long stretch of nothing, PK I think. Thanks Fuzzy!

1st period over 5 shifts 4:07. 1 shot on goal

9. Spartacus says:

I can’t tell who to cheer for, white or blue?

Not that it really matters. What matters is there’s some hockey to watch!

Fuck yeah, and thanks for the link FM.

2 shifts, 1:55 so far in the second. Tulsky’s ruined me for hockey. When they shoot it into the opposition zone on a PP I get upset!

2 more shots on goal, more active this period. Seems to be on 2line?

sparactus: Blue team is Yakupov.

13. Zack says:

My feed is extremely choppy, how is everyone else’s? And what number is Yak?

EDIT: I guess he is #10.

14. Mr DeBakey says:

Osala Oskar pots one!
    Tic Tac Toe oassing play

15. Chunklets says:

Looks like a quiet game for the lad so far.

4 shots, he’s had some clearance a couple of times but yeah it’s been quiet overall. Had one decent chance. That goal was a beauty.

17. fuzzy muppet says:

Zack,

Yeah it’s choppy.

18. Mr DeBakey says:

Stanislav Chistov
    Left Wing
    Born Apr 17 1983 — Chelyabinsk, Russia
    Height 5.09 — Weight 193
    Selected by Anaheim Mighty Ducks round 1 #5 overall 2001 NHL Entry Draft

is playing for Traktor

19. Zack says:

fuzzy muppet:
    Zack,

Yeah it’s choppy.

Okay thanks, it’s not just me.

Looks like Klefbom is about to play too.

Nothing like hockey morning in Europe!

Our man Klefbom is ready to roll for game #4 of his season

21. Zack says:

Our man Klefbom is ready to roll for game #4 of his season

Any live feeds for this game?

22. VOR says:

The Swedish game also features Doug Lynch who was once going to be a key piece of the Oilers. He moved to the SEL this year. I can’t help wondering if one of these days he shows up back in North America. Accept for one dump injury and his choosing to play during the lockout and before it healed he’d probably have had a long NHL career. In Red Deer he had the entire game, even his rookie AHL season was something special.

23. fuzzy muppet says:

Zack,

Doesn’t look like it.

Gotta give the KHL credit. their streams are easily accessible during the lock out. They are quite smart in realizing this is a great chance to grow their product to larger audiences.

In other words, the exact opposite of the idiots involved in the NHL

24. Zack says:

VOR:

I think I was only ten at the time but I definitely remember him playing for the Rebels. Goals, Assists and a racked up a lot o PIMS. Wasn’t he part of the Pronger trade to Edmonton too?

fuzzy muppet:
    Zack,

Doesn’t look like it.

Gotta give the KHL credit.their streams are easily accessible during the lock out.They are quite smart in realizing this is a great chance to grow their product to larger audiences.

In other words, the exact opposite of the idiots involved in the NHL

I would have to agree. Maybe we should write to the SEL and let them know this could be an opportunity for them…

25. RexLibris says:

What I remember of Lynch was that Prendergast said, when they traded Comrie to Philadelphia for Woywitka, was that they now had the three players they coveted from that draft: Hemsky, Lynch and Woywitka.

Lynch, Woywitka and Brewer were the pieces in the Pronger trade. Nice grab by Lowe. If Oiler fans feel they got robbed in the Pronger-to-Anaheim deal, imagine how Blues fans feel? In the end I think the Blues traded Pronger for the rights to Brock Beukeboom and a 2011 3rd round pick (Jordan Binnington). Woywitka is still hanging around, but Lynch was released outright.

We have Smid and Eberle. Not a bad exchange.