FARJESTAD VS LINKOPINGS HC 2.10.12

Oscar Klefbom is starting to kick some ass. 7gp, 0-1-1 +4 (19:28 per game). The last couple of games have seen him play about 20 and a half minutes and I’d guess he must be chewing up quite a bit of EV time.

Also,he is getting some PP time. Klefbom has been paired with Sanny Lindstrom in the last two games, but has played about 3 more minutes in each game. He was on the ice for 2 PP GF in the game against Timra last week.

Klefbom’s TOI is 36th among D in the SEL and he has 10 shots on goal. His +4 ranks him first among Farjestad D and tied for 7th in the SEL among blue.

Good arrows, Oscar Klefbom. This kid isn’t work shy and that’s for sure.

18 Responses to "FARJESTAD VS LINKOPINGS HC 2.10.12"

Update on Yakupov’s not playing yesterday, although no reason given.

2. Dipstick says:

Yakupov’s comments regarding his loyalty to his home town are comforting. I hope that he will soon consider Edmonton as his next home town. The fans will easily embrace that sort of attitude. They seem to have already embraced Hall and Eberle. It seems to be easy for us fans to do that with talented players.

Oh, and Klefbom is a beast!

3. gcw_rocks says:

Nice to see the kid making progress this year!

4. fuzzy muppet says:

Rishaug just tweeted that the Oilers are working on getting Hall to the AHL team when healthy.

well that will be one fun team to watch

5. rich says:

Nice arrows on Klefbom. Am sure the Oilers new that if he’d come to NA this season, he’d have been playing in the AHL. With a very crowded depth chart, I wonder if he’d have been getting as a big a push in OKC as he now seems to be getting in Sweden.

6. JohnnyOilfan says:

If the lockout doesn’t get settled until the new year as some feel it might, any chance that Klefbom can be brought over mid-season to join the Oil? Or is he over in Sweden for the duration of the SEL season? Even if there is an out clause in his deal, do we even want to bring him over or leave him there to continue his development? As per Hall potentially going down to OKC, wow! OKC is going to be a dynamite of a team. This lockout might be a blessing in the disguise where all of our young Oilers can play with one another and develope great relationships with one another. Can you say Boys On THe Bus 2.0!!! I know it waaaaay too soon and premature but I smell the makings of a future dynasty.

7. Jon K says:

Does anyone know what options are available for watching the OKC games? I apologize in advance, as I have been wondering about this for a while, yet have done no research myself.

8. jp says:

Dipstick:
    Yakupov’s comments regarding his loyalty to his home town are comforting.I hope that he will soon consider Edmonton as his next home town.The fans will easily embrace that sort of attitude.They seem to have already embraced Hall and Eberle.It seems to be easy for us fans to do that with talented players.

Oh, and Klefbom is a beast!

Yak already has a house in Edmonton, no? Sounds like it’s well on its way to being the new home. He sure does sound like a loyal and passionate guy who the fans will take to.

Great to see Klefbom progressing. If he keeps this up he should be ready for a top 6 spot with the Oilers next season. It’s exciting that some of these young D who are lagging behind the Fs are getting close to ready to have a real impact. J Schultz is huge in that regard too.

fuzzy muppet:

well that will be one fun team to watch

Wow! What else to say!! If they add Hall, as long as the lockout lasts OKC really should be the class of that league.

9. RexLibris says:

I heard Rishaug on 1260 this morning mentioning the possibility that Hall would go down to OKC.

The positives are that he could continue to play and develop and that he, Eberle and Nugent Hopkins could tear a strip off Oklahoma City after hours, I mean, work on their chemistry and play.

The negatives are that Magnus Paajarvi must feel as though he is beginning to see Hall stalking him in his shadows. He gets drafted as a future 1st line LW, then the Oilers draft a better one a year later. Now he gets the chance to reclaim that position in the AHL only to see (potentially) Hall come in and steal his spot again. Ouch.

I doubt Hall gets much time at center, given the Barons absurd depth at that position.

While the lockout and AHL eligibility for the young trio is a nice consolation prize for Oiler fans without hockey this year, but if the presence of those three comes at the cost of development time of Pitlick, Hamilton, Hartikainen, Paajarvi, Pelss, and others then we may be robbing Peter (org. depth) to pay Paul (high-end skill) when all is said and done.

Klefbom looks like he is coming along pretty much as anticipated. As I recall, LT, you warned us that the SEL doesn’t hand out a lot of ice time to rookies and so his curve would be more gradual than fans (and maybe management) might want.

10. speeds says:

RexLibris

I kind of disagree with that. Developing Hall, Eberle, and RNH to their maximum potential is likely more important to the Oilers than developing a 3rd or 4th line player or two. I’m not sure that you necessarily have to do one at the expense of the other, but if you do, the Oilers have committed 6 mil per year to each of Eberle and Hall, each player probably making something around double the entire OKC yearly player budget.

If that means the Barons go with their top 4 C’s as RNH, Hall, Eberle, and Lander, well, that’s what it means and other players can adjust. Or they could experiment with only one of Hall/Eberle at C at a time, and have one of the other OKC C’s remain at C.

11. tanyac says:

jon k – I was looking and there is a package for purchase on the Barons website for live streaming of games. I’m guessing they might get a record number of subscribers this year.

Not sure if there are any other options for free streams or not.

I’d really love to see them bring the Barons into town to play a game – Calgary has done that with Abbotsford (vs. OKC actually).

1st period, Klefbom is 5:32, 1 assist, +2 and shots on goal. Nice start.

13. Jon K says:

tanyac,

Thanks Tanyac. I took a look at the subscription services now. A little pricey for games. I wonder if a joint subscription for a few avid fans might be permissible under the subscription. I kind of doubt it, but it’d be worth looking into.

14. engineer says:

Has him on the 3rd pairing. Färjestad were up 3-0 after 5, and kept dominating, without scoring more. (this gleaned from the text updates on the website).

Klefbom has two shots in the 1st period.

Just short of six minutes logged, and Färjestad spent a LOT of time on the powerplay…

15. engineer says:

5-0 now. Kbom up to 11 minutes playing time, and 3 shots on goal.

Through 2, 13:59TOI, 1 assist, 3SOG and +2. Klefbom 3rd among D in TOI behind Lee and Nygren.

17. jfry says:

from TSN

The Edmonton Oilers’ trio of young guns are about to be reunited in Oklahoma City, as winger Taylor Hall is expected to join the Oilers’ American Hockey League affiliate once he’s deemed healthy to play.

“When (the Oilers doctor) sees fit that I’m ready to play, he has to clear me and that’s when I would get sent down,” Hall told The Edmonton Sun.

“We’re also working on a couple other things where I would go down to Oklahoma City before I’m cleared and skate with the team there. I’m going to be down there sooner rather than later, hopefully.”

18. Traktor says:

Inb4 Ricky O sends Hall to the minors and gets claimed on waivers.

“It says right here in the collectors edition CBA that Scott Howson sent us that we can send Hall to the AHL.”