FRIDAY ON MY MIND!!

Nail Yakupov and his Neftekhimik team are on the ice as we speak this morning. Down 4-3 after two periods, Nail has played 11:30 so far. Link to the game is here.

The OKC Barons are in action tonight, I for one am quite sick of hearing about the Nuge/Ebs “slump.” Get real. No pre-season games, all kinds of scoring chances during weekend one and its a slump? Here’s hoping they unload tonight.

Kitchener (Rieder) and Belleville (Zharkov) are in OHL action, Ewanyk and Moroz (Oil Kings) have a WHL game.

College men Jujhar Khaira (Michigan Tech), Laleggia (Denver), Dillon Simpson (UND) and Kellen Jones (Quinnipiac) all play NCAA games tonight.

I’ll have an OKC game day thread up around 5, will update Yak when I can.

16 Responses to "FRIDAY ON MY MIND!!"

5-4 loss for Neftekhimik, no points and 2 sog for Yakupov. He played 16:03 but fewer minutes by period.

2. jp says:

Boo! Should we be worried about Yak’s slump? :)

3. jfry says:

Obviously we should have taken Murray, that’s what you’re hinting at, right lt?

4. commonfan14 says:

Grigorenko has 22 points in 10 games so far in the Q. Amazing that he fell to 12th.

I only wish Buffalo had picked him in the spot they traded up to from the Flames.

5. BoysontheBus says:

No points? Bust

6. TigerUnderGlass says:

Unrelated question – is there no login on the home page or can you only log in when you go to comment?

7. Dalton says:

22 points?? Well dang, looks like we should have picked Grigs!

8. OilLeak says:

Dalton:
    22 points?? Well dang, looks like we should have picked Grigs!

Of course Grigs is tearing up the league, he’s 23 years old.

9. uni says:

OilLeak: Of course Grigs is tearing up the league, he’s 23 years old.

Grigorenko was born May 16, 1994. He won’t even be 19 for another 6 months.

10. uni says:

Also for all those going on about him bolting to the KHL and having a bad work ethic and weak playoff, keep in mind he moved to Quebec City with his mother and older brother (i.e. made his home there) had injuries for large parts of last season and still equaled his points total, didn’t speak English at the beginning of the season and took classes 5 days a week to the point of being pretty fluent by end of the season, and had just returned from Mononucleosis early for the end of season and playoffs.

Buffalo got a steal at 12th. I’m still surprised Toronto didn’t grab Grigorenko or Forsberg, maybe their new stud D prospect pans out though, but Grigorenko was the horse I would have bet on. Reminds me of Couturier falling to 8th.

Here’s a good write up from Corey Pronman:

11. LoDog says:

uni: Grigorenko was born May 16, 1994. He won’t even be 19 for another 6 months.

12. commonfan14 says:

I wanted Yak and think he was definitely the right choice.

Girgorenko was the guy I could have talked myself into being happy with in a trade-down, though, and I was getting very nervous watching him fall close to Flames territory.

13. OilLeak says:

LoDog: I believe OilLeak is reffering to his alleged age-forging. The conspiracy has it that he is closer to 21. No proof of that but makes for funny comments.

Bingo.

14. B-Dog says:

Michigan tech vs Minnesota game is on tv tomorrow night on the score at 5pm.

15. uni says:

OilLeak,

Wow, I’ve never even heard of that. I’m happy I don’t browse those particular sites and forums.

commonfan14,

Yeah that was nerve racking a bit. Was hoping the Oilers would trade up and grab him as well, the big mythical #1 centre everyone keep talking about, but they’d probably have run the ‘soft’ bum out of town like that pansy Joe Thornton that got exiled to San Jose.

Also surprised Chicago got Teravainen at #18, with Saad from last year they must have horseshoes up their arses.