I’M THE FACE

Taylor Hall is off the IR and headed for OKC. I don’t know how many players in AHL history have had Taylor Hall’s skill set, but it is not a high number.

Hall is likely to play top line LW, but if the season includes a lot of AHL at-bats there’s a chance he moves over to center. Jason Gregor mentioned today that Hall was told by coach Todd Nelson he’d be playing alongside the Nuge and Eberle this weekend.

Not bad, not bad.

21 Responses to "I’M THE FACE"

1. LMHF#1 says:

Eberle’s the face. It would appear Yakupov is the gun. Hopkins is the mind. Maybe Hall is the shoulders?

I hope #4 takes this time in OKC to figure out finishing at the pro level. Ditch the backhand-five hole crap and start getting ruthless.

2. steveb12344 says:

LMHF#1,

I’d say Eberle is the hands.

I agree with LT… Hall is the face and will be for the next decade at least.

3. striatic says:

let’s build a FrankenOiler!

Nuge – Brain
    Eberle – Hands
    Schultz – Legs
    Hall – Heart
    Yakupov – Mouth

if i had to pick a face it’d be Ladi Smid’s, since his face is the best at blocking pucks : ]

4. Kris11 says:

striatic,

Hair: Smyth
    Liver:Khabibulin
    Cerebellum (sense of balance): Anyone but Jones
    Wallet: Horcoff
    Eyes: Horcoff for the freakiness
    Spare Parts: Whitney

5. shiftyford says:

Ha! Love the comments.
    LMHF#1, I believe that was one of the things Hall mentioned he would work on in OKC. Probably read that in a Gregor interview at ON.

6. doritogrande says:

striatic:
    let’s build a FrankenOiler!

Nuge – Brain
    Eberle – Hands
    Schultz – Legs
    Hall – Heart
    Yakupov – Mouth

Ryan Smyth circa 2006 vehemently disagrees with this statement.

7. fuzzy muppet says:

Not sure how i feel about putting that line together. I’d rather see hartikainen and paajarvi get the opportunity to run with the big boys.

Its supposed to be about development right? I fail to see how having a super line in the ahl helps develop the rest of the team.

8. cabbiesmacker says:

steveb12344:
    LMHF#1,

I agree with LT… Hall is the face and will be for the next decade at least.

Hall will be the face for roughly 2 years until Gretz….oops..Nugent Hopkins starts outscoring him by 25+ points per year.

9. Hot Carl says:

I think Eberle is the eyebrows, Hall is the teeth, Nuge is the beard and Yak is the groin

10. speeds says:

fuzzy muppet:
    Not sure how i feel about putting that line together.I’d rather see hartikainen and paajarvi get the opportunity to run with the big boys.

Its supposed to be about development right?I fail to see how having a super line in the ahl helps develop the rest of the team.

I kinda think along the same lines. I might initially look at having all 3 of them on separate lines, maybe something like:

Hall-Arcobello-Pitlick
    Hartikainen-RNH-Tyrvainen
    Paajarvi-Lander-Eberle

Give each line an NHLer. it means one of them will be out there nearly all the time at ES, if you’re down a goal or two later, maybe you load a couple lines up?

I’d also be tempted to look at moving Hall to C once he’s up to game speed, see how that looks.

11. DSF says:

In other news:

Tracy ‏@TreenasOil

Meeting Garfield for a late dinner tonite.

12. "Steve Smith" says:

DSF,

I do not think that “news” means what you think it means.

13. DSF says:

“Steve Smith”:
    DSF,

I do not think that “news” means what you think it means.

I think it means Stauffer is hungry.

14. LoDog says:

speeds: I kinda think along the same lines.I might initially look at having all 3 of them on separate lines, maybe something like:

Hall-Arcobello-Pitlick
    Hartikainen-RNH-Tyrvainen
    Paajarvi-Lander-Eberle

fuzzy muppet:

Screw the rest of the team. Developing and building chemistry for players that will actually see the NHL when the lockout ends is what the Oilers should care about.

15. Ducey says:

DSF: I think it means Stauffer is hungry.

Thats news?

16. OilTastic says:

wow, if OKC fans are aware of the star power of Hall, they might actually draw…um…maybe 52 more fans! ;-)

17. russ99 says:

LoDog,

I tend to agree, but this will be good for all the rest of the AHL players development since they’ll have to earn ice time.

Gotta go Hall-Nuge-Eberle at least to start.

People need to stop propping up Hartikanen. If he’s good enough for the Oilers he’ll show that on his own, not being boosted by unrealistic stats playing with the NHLers.

Now to do something about the Barons’ defense. They need one more good stay at home guy.

18. gcw_rocks says:

Hall should not be playing, period. He should be resting that shoulder as long as he possibly can. I don’t care if the doctor’s said the shoulder is 100%. Giving it additional rest can’t hurt and can only help. Stupid stupid move by the player and the organization by risking injury in meangless games.

19. delooper says:

I suspect Hall will only play with RNH and Eberle until he’s got his game back. Once the Barons are clicking it would make sense to distribute the talent more uniformly among the lines.

20. dessert1111 says:

gcw_rocks:
    Hall should not be playing, period.He should be resting that shoulder as long as he possibly can.I don’t care if the doctor’s said the shoulder is 100%.Giving it additional rest can’t hurt and can only help.Stupid stupid move by the player and the organization by risking injury in meangless games.

I agree with you but presumably he’s already taken an extra month. At what point does it become enough extra time? He’s young and needs to play too, especially if the NHL starts back up, and even if it’s doesn’t. The alternative is him not playing. The organization has been poor with this sort of thing in the past but I think since it’s only for AHL games they must have had the sense to hold him back as much as is beneficial.

21. Нинтендо⁶⁴ says:

delooper,

Barring a quick deal once his game is at a high level he’s on another line and the centre experiment begins.