One of the great things about the lockout is that we can keep close tabs on lesser leagues and prospects outside the first round. The CHL and Europe are underway, and up next comes AHL and NCAA.
This blog is going to be heavily focused on the OKC Barons now, as we get going with exhibition games this weekend. The NCAA kids will get special play–certainly more than in the past–and I thought it might be an idea to list their opening nights.
- Kyle Bigos, Merrimack will play October 6 at Union
- Jujhar Khaira, Michigan Tech will play October 11 at Lake Superior State
- Kellen Jones, QU plays at home October 13 at home against Robert Morris
- Dillon Simpson, UND will play October 19th on the road in Fairbanks, Alaska
- Joey Laleggia U of Denver will play October 19th at home against U Mass Lowell
- John McCarron Cornell with play October 26th at home against Colorado College
I stand to be corrected on any of these (the Bigos start should be an exhibition game but is not listed as such) but it gives us an indication about these kids and when they’ll start playing.
Among the college kids, I have them ranked as follows in terms of top 20:
- #15 Dillon Simpson
- #16 Jujhar Khaira
but Laleggia and Bigos are terribly interesting players.