ICKY THUMP

I’m still looking for more confirmation (Corey Pronman’s twitter so far) but it looks like Oscar Klefbom’s injury is a season-ending item. Sad trombone, bitch and moaning in comments section to begin immediately and I’ll join in when I get back from buying more Crown Royal.

21 Responses to "ICKY THUMP"

This is why draft picks are always magic beans.

Lots of good luck has to come together for a draft pick to be worth an Actual NHL player.

Shoulder.

FFS!!!

lol. They should just give them operations after selecting them. “Oscar, if you could step over here, Oiler draft picks have their shoulder surgeries in summer. We find it works out best.”

3. DSF says:

As a life long Stampeder fan, I must say it’s totally appropriate that the Stamps and Argos meet in the 100th Grey Cup.

It was back in 1948 that the Grey Cup became the national event it has become when Calgary fans invaded the Royal York Hotel with horses, pancakes and a heaping helping of joie de vivre that only Calgary natives, like your correspondent, can provide.

Oh, BTW, Go Stamps!!!!

4. PaperDesigner says:

This is disgusting. I see the fine tradition of under diagnosis continues on.

Of course you’re a Stampeder fan. Makes sense!

DSF,

Stamper and Dys’ fan?

Don’t people like you have to register somewhere whenever you move?

7. DSF says:

Of course you’re a Stampeder fan. Makes sense!

Well, I was born and raised in Calgary only adopting the Oilers as my favourite team when they joined the league.

I didn’t become a fan of Smart GM’s™ until Lowe & Co. sent Smyth away, signed Nik to a stupid contract and paid Horcoff like an elite first line centre.

I would guess, if you took Lowe, Tambellini, LeLacheur, Macoccia, Tillman, and Kavis Reed and bundled them into a burlap bag and threw them off the Talahasee Bridge, Edmonton sports fans would have brighter days to look forward to.

The Stampeders have John Hufnagel and Dave Dickenson running their show.

Two very, very smart guys.

8. DSF says:

Woodguy:
    DSF,

Stamper and Dys’ fan?

Don’t people like you have to register somewhere whenever you move?

Correction.

Smart GM fan.

See above.

Tallon and Lombardi are also personal favourites.

9. jake70 says:

They should have selected Murray?? lol

10. gr8one says:

ffs.

11. gr8one says:

Apparently season ending surgery is still to be determined, but looking rather likely.

Donkey balls are getting sucked.

12. nelson88 says:

shit news on klefbom.

On a positive note. 2 more ES Goals for Rajala tonight. AA and all but the guy is averaging over 1 goal/2pts/5 shots per game in November.

13. DSF says:

nelson88:
    shit news on klefbom.

On a positive note. 2 more ES Goals for Rajala tonight. AA and all but the guy is averaging over1 goal/2pts/5 shots per game in November.

Maybe some day he’ll be an AHL player.

jake70:
    They should have selected Murray?? lol

Murray is out with shoulder problems.

Not kidding.

15. leadfarmer says:

DSF,

I dont think favorite team means what you think it means. Unless you meant favorite team to troll.

Woodguy: Murray is out with shoulder problems.

Not kidding.

Reading it again, I’m pretty sure that’s what you were refering to.

I’m a little slow this late in a weekend.

DSF: Correction.

Smart GM fan.

See above.

Tallon and Lombardi are also personal favourites.

So you agreed when they ran Buono out of town?

s

18. Gi JQE says:

leadfarmer:
    DSF,

I dont think favorite team means what you think it means.Unless you meant favorite team to troll.

19. RexLibris says:

I’m not going to troll someone for cheering for their favourite team. That is their privilege and loyalty runs deep.

That being said, I have absolutely no respect for this Stamps team. The behaviour of Lewis and Cornish this season has been disgusting, more so the former than the latter but (pun intented) nevertheless, reflects very poorly on the organization. This extends to Hufnagel and his seeming refusal to deal with Lewis’ behaviour publicly and hold him accountable.

I get wanting to win, but sometimes the right thing to do is the harder path to take.

I’ve never cheered for a team from Toronto in my life. I’m cheering like heck for Ricky Ray this Sunday.

Oh, and if the hockey gods want to strike down our players with these never-ending shoulder injuries, could they at least wait until the season so the team can tank as a result! ;-)

20. nelson88 says:

DSF: Maybe some day he’ll be an AHL player.

Agreed he has a long way to go but at least we didn’t take him in the first round. Once the prospect jam clears (a problem the Canucks don’t have) and he gets to the AHL I’m happy to have a friendly side bet on whether he outscores the player he was picked about 80 spots behind.

21. RickDeckard says:

So Pulock or Ristolainen?