FOOL’S GOLD

I’ve been listening to piffle, tripe, prattle and fiddle faddle for a couple of weeks now in regard to the Nuge, Hall, Ebs and the gang in OKC. Hopefully, today puts a lid on it.

You don’t see a leaderboard like that often. The glory Oilers, the Habs mid-70s and Orr’s Bruins are the three NHL examples that spring to mind.

The OKC Barons are a .500 team because they have some problems on the blue and they lack experience across the board.

We know this.

We also know that Taylor Hall is recovering from surgery (5, 3-1-4) and will take some time to move up the scoring race and to send the puck heading in a good direction for his line.

What did you expect? We knew the Nuge was a gifted PP center and that he had issues (all kids do–Joe Sakic did as a kid in Quebec, don’t kid yourself there’s video evidence); we knew Jordan Eberle was an electric talent but gave up chances the other way and we knew Taylor Hall–who can drive the bus–was coming off surgery.

And we knew the defense was as green as grass. The wins will come, but the kids are have arrived.

27 Responses to "FOOL’S GOLD"

1. Gerta Rauss says:

Piffle,tripe….but no flapdoodle..?

Point taken-I think we’re all coming to realize the AHL is a tough damn league.

2. sliderule says:

It seems we have the same problem in OK city that e have with the oil.

GOALTENDERS

3. leadfarmer says:

This helps show that so far the OKC has been a one line team, and even though it is an amazing line, if you can limit them to a couple goals a game you will win. The gap between these players and the rest of the team is expected, but it seems to be higher then expected. Hope the rest of the team is just starting slow and will get moving.

I think they have Hall, Nuge, Ebs, Hartikainen who can post some numbers, and Josh Green too when he returns (up front). That should be enough to get them somewhere.

As an aside, Copper and Blue is driving me nuts. This is one of my favorite blogs and I can’t visit it anymore. My screen freezes immediately! Is anyone else having this problem? If I click on a story from twitter from a direct link everything is fine, but otherwise it freezes.

VERY frustrating!

5. DSF says:

Maybe try a different web browser.

I’m guessing an old fella like you is still using Internet Explorer. :)

Kind of like using a telegraph to write blogs.

In any event, the last post there was on October 27th.

Perhaps another victim of the lockout.

I use Firefox and Chrome. Both do it. Weird.

7. Dipstick says:

Just thinking about it. The scoring leader is a Defenceman. Not just a Defenceman, but a rookie defenceman. Can’t be!

8. DSF says:

sliderule:
    It seems we have the same problem in OK city that e have with the oil.

GOALTENDERS

Goaltenders, crappy defensive depth and mediocre centres.

Exactly mirrors the issues with the big team.

9. DSF says:

Both work fine for me.

Must be something in your system.

10. DSF says:

DSF 2.0 making his debut tonight for his new gig on Joe FM in Edmonton.

#soproud

(listening to Soundgarden pretty cool too)

11. Bob Arctor says:

The new SB nation site formatting looks awful. Haven’t had browser issues except when reading via mobile…

12. Lois Lowe says:

That Jays trade is something else. I feel bad for Marlins fans, if there are any left, and for the city of Miami who coughed up public money for the new stadium. Just wow.

I have seen the face of pure evil and it is Jeffrey Loria.

Joffrey Loria is evil. David Sampson too. And Selig is the devil.

14. smelltheglove says:

CnB freezes immediately on my mobile (Dolphin mini browser on Android) but works (sluggishly) with Firefox and Opera on my notebook.

15. Mr DeBakey says:

Maybe try a different web browser.

I’m guessing an old fella like you is still using Internet Explorer.

I use Opera almost exclusively – since the makeover its freezing for me too.

i just ran it up on Maxthon. Froze. Though not as long.

16. DSF says:

Mr DeBakey,

Have tried it with Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari.

No issues at all.

On an iMac.

Maybe a a Windows issue?

17. DeadmanWaking says:

Sometimes it’s the ones you least suspect.

Joe Sakic knows football pools

Note to future players: Watch your back if Joe Sakic ever goes into management.

G. M. Gecko, as written in a discarded draft lost to history: “In my stars I am above thee; but be not afraid of asset relief. ”

C&B works fine for me in both browsers.

DSF 2.0, I like that. Always knew you were a whole number kind of guy. That’s the take home from The King’s Speech: never reform so throughly they don’t know it’s you. Anyone masquerading as DSF 1.3.3-alpha1 is an impostor, pure and simple.

18. Chunklets says:

I’m using Chrome, and CnB freezes everything up for me as well, though not every time. It usually lasts 30 seconds or so, then is ok. It’s not just CnB – most of the SBnation sites that I visit seem to have that problem.

Frustrating, as you say.

19. melancholyculkin says:

I use Firefox and run Windows 7. All the SBnation sites I visit work fine.

They’ve got a contact page, as well as an SBnation support twitter account. Maybe they can figure out what’s wrong.

20. DSF says:

DeadmanWaking:
    Sometimes it’s the ones you least suspect.

Joe Sakic knows football pools

C&B works fine for me in both browsers.

DSF 2.0, I like that.Always knew you were a whole number kind of guy. That’s the take home from The King’s Speech: never reform so throughly they don’t know it’s you.Anyone masquerading as DSF 1.3.3-alpha1 is an impostor, pure and simple.

And now, Chaos Theory kicks in.

DSF 1.5 and 2.0 have started their professional lives in almost exactly the same fashion as their progenitor.

Wish I would be around to see the outcomes.

21. DSF says:

melancholyculkin,

I’m thinking everyone who has a problem just needs to refresh their browsers?

22. ohhell says:

Windows Vista and IE9 work fine for me.

23. dessert1111 says:

C&B works for me, but I also hate the new setup and am disappointed at the lack of activity there. They don’t seem to be interested in covering OKC or things like that.

Happy to see the kids atop the AHL scoring race but they just had a big game and I’m still a bit disappointed. When they put the effort forth, like the did towards the end of last game and even a lot of the Saturday game, they score, and they outplay their opposition. I just feel like they’re not always giving 100% and they need to do that every shift to put up big numbers. Hopefully the 3rd period of the last game is indicative of what they’re going to do going forward.

24. Dalton says:

Your best bet is to clear your Internet cache! I would suggest that a cache conflict is responsible for your problem with about 90% certainty. Please try this.

25. stevezie says:

Congrats on raising kids who listen to Soundgarden. You did the right thing. (And on their careers)

26. Ribs says:

This is a great little program that flushes out a lot of junk that can cause problems. I run it every week.

Just hit “Run Cleaner”. You can hit “Analyze” to preview what you’re about to delete first if you’d like. The registry and startup tools are very handy as well.

…And of course, when you’re installing it, don’t install the toolbar. Never install toolbars.