THERE ARE FIVE LIGHTS! (REALLY!)

The Edmonton Oilers should have 7 WJ players in action this Christmas, but injuries to Oscar Klefbom and Martin Gernat mean there are just 5 Oiler draft picks in action. They range from the elite talent (Nuge, Nail) to top flight juniors (Musil, Rieder) and role players and extra’s (Zharkov).

The WJ’s has a lot of Oiler content this time. The Nuge has some kind of pressure on him, but I’d say Nail Yakupov has even more what with playing at home. David Musil is a man on the Czech blueline, and of course Tobias Rieder will be a big part of the German club. Daniil Zharkov is perhaps a surprise addition to the Russian squad, but the raw toolsy forward has some nice things too. Last year, the four Oilers at the WJs were all defensemen, this time it’s 4Fs and 1D.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I’ll have my usual post up tomorrow morning wishing you the best, but for those who don’t drop in on Christmas Day thanks so much for your company this year. It’s been enjoyable as always, good health and God bless.

GO CANADA!

9 Responses to "THERE ARE FIVE LIGHTS! (REALLY!)"

1. stevezie says:

Merry Christmas to you too, buddy. This is my favourite blog because it’s personal.

And the Star Trek.

2. mustang says:

Merry Christmas Lowetide and everyone else. I don’t post much, but I’m here 2-3 times daily.Thanks for the awesome blog and all the posters that make this a special place

and lets go to the greatest country in the WORLD!

3. Bar_Qu says:

One of my favorite TNG episodes, thanks for the reminder LT.

All the best to everyone who comments or pops by here. Have a great Christmas & better New Year. And that goes double for you LT. Thanks for making such a great forum for us to expend our obsessions on.

4. delooper says:

Merry Christmas from Saskatoon. This is usually my favourite blog but now that Bookje isn’t posting much it’s less my favourite but still favourite enough to be favourite. Looking forward to the WJC games. Are any of you doing the 3am wake-up to watch these games?

5. JohnnyRocket says:

All the best to you and yours LT. This has been a favorite destination since 2006. This and Covered in Oil were my favorites in those days. Thank-you for the insightful analysis, pretty girls, good music and, most of all, for being a place were intelligent people can talk about hockey and our dear and flawed Oilers. Thank-you.

6. spoiler says:

Dear Santa,

Please drop a mountain of coal on the heads of the NHL and the PA. And then have your workshop build us a 25 year long CBA that’s fair for everyone.

Canada

I hope this day finds everyone with their loved ones, healthy and happy.

Merry Christmas to all, and y’all have a great night!!!

7. yawto says:

Oilers fans. Most spoiled in the league. Besides the best team to cheer for we also get the best online hockey content on the planet. Thanks for keeping me entertained for pennies on the dollar while the guys you write about cry over their millions. Merry Christmas and happy new year Lt.

8. Radman says:

Merry Christmas to all. Great site LT. Will be the first thing I open Christmas morning ! Thanks for sheparding us through the barren, hockey free wilderness

9. Spartacus says:

A Merry Christmas to you and yours, LT.

All the best in the New Year.