Jordan Eberle’s hat trick last night was the latest example of the OKC Barons NHLers (Hall, Eberle, Schultz even though he hasn’t played there) finding clearance via success and opportunity. The December results for Ebs suggest he’s still rising:
- Eberle before December: 20, 12-15-27 (1.35ppg)
- Eberle in December: 11, 11-9-20 (1.82ppg)
- Schultz before December: 20, 11-20-31 (1.55ppg)
- Schultz in December: 11, 6-8-14 (1.27ppg)
- Hall before December: 12, 5-11-16 (1.33ppg)
- Hall in December: 11, 7-9-16 (1.45ppg)
One of the things we should be looking for is a month that doesn’t belong–something that corrects the market as it were–but so far the closest thing we’ve seen is the Schultz December and that’s not really a correction so much as a couple of missing assists. I don’t know that we can expect anything but terrific production from this trio when the lockout ends. December hot streaks include Mark Arcobello (11, 3-14-17) and Nathan Deck (11, 0-4-4 +5).
(photo by Rob Ferguson. All rights reserved).
I wonder how many of the NHL Oilers will suffer from various maladies when the league returns. We know about Sutton, suspect Khabibulin and worry over Whitney. Smid’s been hurt in the first half and Hall and Nuge have been to see the doctor. Eager didn’t help himself but I’m not aware of a hockey injury.
With the said, the depth chart might be:
- Goal: Devan Dubnyk, (injured) Nikolai Khabibulin
- Defense: Ladislav Smid, Jeff Petry, Nick Schultz, Justin Schultz, Ryan Whitney, Corey Potter, Theo Peckham (injured) Andy Sutton
- Center: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Sam Gagner, Shawn Horcoff, Eric Belanger
- Left Wing: Taylor Hall, Nail Yakupov, Ryan Smyth, Ben Eager, Darcy Hordichuk
- Right Wing: Ales Hemsky, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Jones, Teemu Hartikainen, Lennart Petrell
Is that correct? So, I would think the first callups by position would be:
- Goal: Yann Danis, Olivier Roy
- Defense: Colten Teubert, then Taylor Fedun
- Center: Chris VandeVelde or Mark Arcobello
- Left Wing: Magnus Paajarvi
Fair? I’d agree with that except for two things: I believe they’ll take Danis north and put NK on the IR, and will find a way to get Paajarvi onto the NHL roster, even if it is only for a showcase.