A week after the MacT revival press conference, we know the new GM plans on doing something that will tip his hand early and indicate to us what the future brings. This could be any of the following:
- A blockbuster trade involving impact youth for experience
- A three-for-one (please baby Jesus, just one time)
- A “picks and prospects for expiring contracts” deal ala Philly’s deal with Nashville for Hartnell and Timonen
- A “buyout” trade that gives EDM another overpaid veteran but someone who can help
- A straight hockey trade of quality for quality
- This year’s first round pick for immediate help
I like the three for one (really?) but think there’s a chance the Oilers go with #3 or #4 a an option. It would tip MacT’s hand early (and I think we must be talking about something beyond an offer sheet or draft day deal) and give Oiler fans an indication of what the new sheriff has planned.
RIP Richie Havens.