OKC BARONS V GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS G1 24.5.13

The Barons and Griffins kick off their semifinal matchup tonight, it’s 1-1 after one. Late to the party, but looking forward to a great game! I’ll update in the comments section and please chime along if you’re listening to Jim Byers and or watching online.  (Photo by Rob Ferguson, all rights reserved).

13 Responses to "OKC BARONS V GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS G1 24.5.13"

OKC goal in the first was Hotham (Cheechoo, Arcobello)

2. Captain Happy says:

I thought Lowe was VP in Charge of Remembering the ’80′s. :)

2-1 GR final

3. LMHF#1 says:

Bill McDougall…still don’t get how he didn’t find a way to make it. What a magical run. If he’d maintained his pace he would have scored 50 in 31 games…

4. Gerta Rauss says:

Pitt seems to have got it’s legs under them after they put Vokoun in net.

Was that Shaun Podein in that Cape Breton video..?

5. leadfarmer says:

Captain Happy,

You are seriously undervaluing all the things that Lowe does.

You forgot president of pancake feeds.

6. LMHF#1 says:

Gerta Rauss:
    Pitt seems to have got it’s legs under them after they put Vokoun in net.

Was that Shaun Podein in that Cape Breton video..?

That’s Shjon and yes.

7. Di-Hard Oilfan says:

LMHF#1,

I have shared a few stories with LT about my youth in CB, mainly the Kirk Maltby punching me in the face after I told Francois Leroux that he should try figure skating lessons in the offseason to learn how to skate backwards. Anyway, back to Billy McD, it’s called the demon drink. CB was a terrible place to play minor pro if you liked the drink. Also heavily questioned the organization for bringing in John Kordic back in the day.

8. LMHF#1 says:

Di-Hard Oilfan:
    LMHF#1,

I have shared a few stories with LT about my youth in CB, mainly the Kirk Maltby punching me in the face after I told Francois Leroux that he should try figure skating lessons in the offseason to learn how to skate backwards.Anyway, back to Billy McD, it’s called the demon drink.CB was a terrible place to play minor pro if you liked the drink.Also heavily questioned the organization for bringing in John Kordic back in the day.

Ahh, I see, one of those. Real shame. He clearly had talent to walk in and do what he did from ages 19-26. It is amazing how many young, talented athletes in many sports (junior golf was surprisingly horrible for it too. Guys would drink from the stress, it would work for a while then they’d turn to mush and never get it back) just piss it away.

9. Gerta Rauss says:

LMHF#1: That’s Shjon and yes.

Ha…I paused at the spelling of Podein, I would have been up all night looking for a J in his first name…:)

10. Captain Happy says:

leadfarmer:
    Captain Happy,

You are seriously undervaluing all the things that Lowe does.

You forgot president of pancake feeds.

I wish those were his only two functions.

Sadly, I think he’s more involved.

11. Gerta Rauss says:

MacT TeleForum held last night-most of this has been re-hashed in the last 24 hours, this is the actual podcast