SEAN MONAHAN

The Edmonton Oilers have the 7th overall selection in the 2013 entry draft, and one of the most attractive options for that pick is Ottawa 67′s C Sean Monahan. He stood out on an Ottawa 67′s team that struggled this year with a 16-46-6 record. He scored 31 goals and 78 points in 58 games – 27 more points than the team’s next leading scorer.

• Corey Pronman: Monahan is a smart two-way player who has shined in the OHL over the past two seasons. His ability as an offensive playmaker is high end, as he has tremendous instincts, displaying the ability to make quality passes. Monahan regularly shows the ability to slow the game down. He controls play from the perimeter on the power play. He is patient, creative, and he does not simply rely on one dimension, either. He has good puck skills; while they still lag behind his hockey sense, he can make some defensemen miss. Monahan possesses good size (in order to shoulder off checks). If defenders try to overplay the pass, he has a great shot, and he can finish from medium range if given the chance. His skating is fairly average. He is not a total liability on his feet, but his skating stands out as the least impressive aspect of his game. Monahan projects as a quality defensive center, capable of winning faceoffs consistently. He does not have a clear developmental weakness in his game, which bodes well for a team that may be looking for him to make the transition to the NHL within a year or two.
  • Todd Cordell:  Strengths – Monahan is one of the best offensive players in this year’s draft class and had he been born a few months earlier, he would have been considered for a top-5 selection last year. Undoubtedly Monahan’s best attributes are his playmaking ability and vision. He sees the ice very well, understands the game and always finds a way to get the puck on a teammates stick. Though he’s a pass first player, he does have a good shot and knows how to put the puck in the back of the net. I think his shot is very underrated and is one of the better aspects of his game. Monahan also has good hands, overall puck skills and is lethal on the power play. He’s one of those players that if given time and space, he’s near impossible to stop as he can beat you in so many different ways. While Monahan’s not a physical player, he’s not scared of contact and knows how to use his size to help him be more effective in the faceoff circle and to help create space for himself and his teammates. His defensive play is getting better and better, too, and he’s really starting to become a guy who can play in all situations.
  • Craig Button: Sean’s skills may not be flashy but they are very good with a mind that is exceptional. His skating is very good but what he does so well is change speeds and keep opponents off balance. He recognizes opportunities very quickly and is able to take full advantage of them. Very good touch around the net with an accurate shot and a deceptive approach. A very consistent player, who makes others around him better. He is a very balanced player who performs when it counts.
  • Team Canada coach Steve Spott on Monahan: “his hockey sense, in my mind, is at a National Hockey League level right now. He has elite hockey sense. He is just one of those players who can play in any situation – 5-on-5, 5-on-4, on your [penalty kill]. Sean has that innate ability. He is going to be an elite NHL player. There is no doubt about that.”
  • Chris Edwards, Central Scouting: “His production probably would be quite a bit more if he had somebody who could finish for him. He gets pucks through traffic, has real good hands, real good play-making ability. He’s got an excellent shot, gets it off real quick and gets himself involved in battles for pucks. He’s used in every situation, double- and triple-shifted at times.”

SEAN MONAHAN  CENTER 6.02, 187

DESJARDINS NHLE FORWARDS (per 82 gp)

1. Jonathan Drouin, Halifax (QMJHL)  19-30-49
  2. Sasha Barkov, Tappere Tampere (SM-Liiga) 18-22-40
  3. Elias Lindholm, Brynas (SEL) 15-25-40
  4. Nathan MacKinnon, Halifax (QMJHL) 17-22-39
  5. Max Domi, London (OHL) 15-18-33
  6. Hunter Shinkaruk, Medicine Hat (WHL) 14-19-33
  7. Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL) 13-20-33
  8. Anthony Mantha, Val d’or (QMJHL) 17-13-30
  9. Valeri Nichushkin, Chelyabinsk Traktor (KHL) 20-10-30
  10. Adam Erne, Quebec (QMJHL) 9-15-24
  11. Curtis Lazar, Edmonton (WHL) 13-8-21

slap shot

Today at 10am on Team 1260, it’s the Lowdown with Lowetide. Scheduled to appear:

Lowetide_ on twitter, 101260 for text and we’ll have some open line time this morning too. Hope you can tune in!

63 Responses to "SEAN MONAHAN"

1. cc says:

AJ is on the show. He’s got a great knowledge of the junior hockey scene, great voice, not shy about giving an opinion. AJ will definitely know about Monahan. One guy I’d like to hear about is Justin Bailey 6’3(potential 2nd target) kid from Buffalo, can you ask AJ about his thoughts on him.

CC

Agreed, AJ is not shy about stating his opinion. Great guy, too. For those who don’t know he was the original voice of the Oil Kings when they came back to the WHL in 2007.

3. Ca$h-Money! says:

“Double or triple shifted at times”

I’m a little concerned. From an NHLE perspective Lindholm blows him out of the water, and if the above quote is true, probably using half as much ice time (given that he’s a young guy in the SEL I doubt he’s playing more than 15 to 17 minutes a game).

Same goes for the big russian. Seems like the upside on this kid might be Ryan O’Reilly, but I’m a little worried he’s got more Stoll or Malhotra in him. Both good players, but not the guy to take with the #7 in a deep draft.

4. misfit says:

My hope is that any one of the teams in the top 6 takes Nichushkin, Nurse, or Ristolainen, guaranteeing us either Monahan or Lindholm (no chance any of the other 4 falls to us).

But what I’m REALLY hoping for is a trade-up to 4 for Barkov.

5. Hammers says:

Agree on Barkov but doubt it will happen . Still think the Oil trade down .What else other than Gags or Hemsky can help get one of the pieces we need ?

I’d be fine with any of Lindholm, Monahan or Nicushkin. I wonder if Matheson’s mentioning of Zadorov is something he’s picked up or something he thinks might happen. Oilers were all over McIlrath based on reports during that draft year.

7. Cobbler says:

Ca$h-Money!,

If we take Monahan at 7th and he ends up an O’Reilly or Stoll, I would be quite happy with that. I don’t think the 7th would be wasted on that type of player.

Yes they were both drafted in the 30′s, but they are both players that have worked out very well. Malhotra taken 7th overall.

Really just so difficult to tell if a 7th pick will be any better a pro player than a 30th. I realize the odds drop off significantly, but that doesn’t necessarily speak to the eventual quality of the player.

8. Maestro Fresh Mess says:

I have to admit, I just don’t see much in Lindholm. I don’t get the interest in him. Monahan I can see blossoming into a Horcoff-at-career-peak type player, which would be pretty damn useful.

Knowing for sure that Jones, Mckinnon, and Drouin are out of reach, I would hope Edmonton is targeting in order:

1) Barkov
    2) Monahan
    3) Nurse
    4) Nicushkin

I would prefer the Oil trade the pick rather than select Nicushkin.

9. Rondo says:

If you want information regarding Sean Monahan you should talk to Chris Byrne.

10. Jordan says:

I can’t help but wonder how the recent shift towards Size = Win in most corners of the NHL’s management world is going to affect draft stocks in this year’s selections,

There seems to be a very real belief that teams NEED more size to be able to compete in the playoffs now.

With that consideration, I can’t help but wonder if players like Lindholm, Druin & Shinkaruk will be more likely to fall in the draft, and our traditional coke machines get pushed up in the selection process.

If so, there could be some really nice players hanging around in the mid-late 1st this year.

Wish I’d thought of this for yesterday’s guests – would have been great to hear Pronman’s take on it. Maybe something for Kirk the next time he’s on?

11. cc says:

Rondo,

AJ will have a good, honest outside the organization take on Monahan. A couple of other OHL guys I’d like AJ’s opinion on are; Zharkov & Kujawinski. Kujawinski was a consensus 1st round pick going into the season some people had him inside the top 10. I think he’s suffering from the same issues as Martindale, compete level & consistency, but he might be a risk/reward pick with the Ducks 2nd round pick.

I think Domi might be the steal of the draft, especially if he slips past 15th. The kid plays hard, puts up points, has a good strength and balance. He’s being knocked for his height. If he was 6’1 he’d be a top 5 pick.

12. nitch57 says:

I do like what Monahan brings to the table however I’d really like to get Barkov. What are everyone’s thoughts on 7th + Hemsky for 4th to pick Barkov?

13. Romulus Apotheosis says:

I hope that Zadorov leak (if that’s what it was) was a smoke screen.

Monahan at 7 would be great. If Some combination of the big Russian, Nurse (or D equivalent) and Monahan go before 7 and we can get Lindholm… wow! that will be a good day.

Jordan: I can’t help but wonder how the recent shift towards Size = Win in most corners of the NHL’s management world is going to affect draft stocks in this year’s selections

That’s an interesting thought.

But if MacT is targeting “size with skill” I think that means he’s on trend with a tweak. No more Abneys, but no Rieders either.

14. Ca$h-Money! says:

Cobbler,

I hear you on O’Reilly, Stoll is fine, Malhotra for what he does isn’t bad either. My thought is more that O’Reilly represents his high-side potential, whereas Lindholm’s NHLe is, if I recall correctly, awfully close to what we saw from Yakupov from a production standpoint.

Does anyone have a sense of the kind of icetime Monohan is getting, and should we take it into consideration?

I would love it if we draft him and he turns into a prime O’Reilly/Kessler/Bergeron type of two way center; that type of player is a terrific asset. I’m just worried that he’s getting lots of icetime and because of it we’re over valueing the type of offence he will produce. With the #7 pick in a draft this deep, the player we pick has to produce offence, even if they are defensive specialists, in my book.

15. Romulus Apotheosis says:

Ca$h-Money!: My concern is that, from the quote, is this kid playing 30 minutes a night? If he is then it has to factor into his numbers (counter-balanced of course by the fact that his linemates are likely sub-par).

I know that we don’t have public TOI for jr. but… maybe the teams (both current and prospective) and the scouts track it… at least they should.

Let’s hope the Oil have done this and are taking it into account.

It seems pretty obvious that scoring at 17 against men with less TOI is more valuable than scoring against your peers with a ton of TOI, even if your team is terrible.

16. Captain Obvious says:

If you read what people say about them it is clear that Lindholm is superior to Monahan. At this point, I think getting Monahan would rate as a pretty big disappointment.

Pronman was quite explicit about this. There is a clear top six to this draft with a big drop off from Lindholm to Monahan. This opinion is supported by the numbers.

Lindholm is the guy. Monahan would be a very blah pick. Any Dman would be a disaster.

17. rich says:

nitch57,

Nitch:

Nashville’s not that stupid. Barkov is exactly what Nashville needs and adding him to go with Forsberg and some of the other kids in their system will help their re-build as well. They badly need skill and will not move down unless MacT is willing to give up one of our crown jewels.

Much as I like Hemsky, he’s a declining talent player on a contract that’s an overpay ($5 mil/year). The only value is he’s on the last year of that deal.

Besides, trading down to #7 puts Nashville in a position to pick a Russian (Nicushkin will be available at that slot) and given their experience with Radulov, that’s not a place they are going.

18. PerryK says:

Ca$h-Money!,

I can’t imagine that those numbers for Monahan were overly inflated. Last year, on a significantly better 67s team where he was not featured, he scored at almost the same pace as this year (same points in 4 more games played).

I would rather worry about his skating! Has anyone observed it in person?

19. Jordan says:

Romulus Apotheosis,

I’m sure there are a lot of people who will disagree with me, but I’d rather take a Rieder than an abney, and I’d rather have a rajala than a hamilton.

That’s why when I hear about SIZE! I start thinking… mmm… strategic value in smaller skill. More likely to slide, more likely to have higher-end players available later in the draft. 2008 comes to mind…

Seems like a perfect storm to trade down for more picks – I’m ALWAYS against this move, but… unfortunately it’s what the risk-reward part of my brain is saying is the best play.

Grr… damn you NHL for making Size more important than skill!

20. Ca$h-Money! says:

Jordan,

I think there is an outside chance that Drouin falls farther than seems reasonable. Something like:

Jones
    Mackinnon
    Barkov
    Drouin

or maybe even a couple of much bigger reaches. Not saying it’s likely, but there is in my opinion an outside chance that he goes to 5. Who knows, maybe we have a shot at him.

I also think there is a decent chance that 2 defenders are chosen before we pick. Jones for sure, but a team taking a reach at Nurse, Ristolainen (sp) or McIllrath 2.0 isn’t outside the realm of possibilities.

If picks 1-6 are logical we’ll end up with a decent player. I bet someone takes a reach and that gives us an opportunity to take advantage. I believe it will be Feaster, based entirely on last year.

21. meanashell11 says:

If our 2013 and 2014 firsts gets us into the top 3 I might make that trade

22. russ99 says:

Size without skating ability in a player who’s not physical is wasted. Especially considering he regressed offensively numbers-wise, and yes I’m aware he was on a poor team and didn’t have a star to be a playmaker to, but that double-and triple-shifted quote makes that lack of improvement in boxcars look worse, not better.

We can and should shoot higher at #7.

Someone will be really happy with him when he fills out and becomes a quality 2-way center in 4-6 years, but he’s not the player we need now.

23. Melman says:

I’d make that deal

24. commonfan14 says:

rich: For the Oilers to get Barkov, they are going to have to trade up into the top 3 – and that would mean giving up a lot more – either one of the crown jewel’s or next year’s #1 plus the #7 overall.

Are you really saying here that the Oilers would need to trade, say, Eberle and the #7 just to get the #3?

The draft makes people a little nutty.

25. Romulus Apotheosis says:

Jordan:
    Romulus Apotheosis,

That’s why when I hear about SIZE! I start thinking… mmm… strategic value in smaller skill.More likely to slide, more likely to have higher-end players available later in the draft.2008 comes to mind…

Grr… damn you NHL for making Size more important than skill!

I can’t imagine who would make those trades (Abney for Rieder, etc.) but Gregor wanted Yak for Clarkson so who knows… size makes people crazy.

I’m just trying to read the tea-leaves like everyone else from MacT… but to me I think we should rule out both player types: a) big, scoreless wonders; c) small scoring wonders

at the very least… rule them out as primary targets.

26. LMHF#1 says:

You guys have lost your minds.

The only trade worth making is a clone of the Mogilny to Vancouver trade. Aside from that, just make the damn pick.

27. sliderule says:

The oilers have when KP was in charge always went with size and skating a la JFJ..Stu has continued that trend.

Kings have gone with size and hands thinking that you can’t teach hands and you can improve skating.I like that better.

Monahan has decent hands and skating will improve much like Couturier did.

If Horvat plays in the memorial cup as well as he did in OHL final he will be in mix.

28. Melman says:

commonfan14,

No, what I meant was I would trade this year’s 7th and next year’s first to move up for Barkov. Next year’s first “should” be in the bottom half of round 1

29. nitch57 says:

rich,

That’s what I was worried about. I’m not sure that Monahan is our solution but trading down usually doesn’t result in a better player coming back unless you get lucky. It was dumb to trade our 3rd and 4th round picks for players that probably won’t be around next year. To bad MacT wasn’t in charge when Jokinen was available. If he wants a scoring threat that’s responsible defensvely and can win faceoffs, he’s the guy, and he was free.

30. nitch57 says:

Melman: For the Oilers to get Barkov, they are going to have to trade up into the top 3 – and that would mean giving up a lot more – either one of the crown jewel’s or next year’s #1 plus the #7 overall.I’d make that deal

Thank god you’re not our GM. IF we were to trade one of our crown jewls, we should get waaaaayyyy more than that.

31. nelson88 says:

Monahan has very similar draft year numbers to another recent 67; Logan Couture, and accomplished it on a weaker team. I like Horcoff as much as the next guy but putting that ceiling on the kid might be underestimating him just a bit.

LT. You have good access to old scouting reports. Would be interested in comparitive look at Couture vs. Monahan from those who have rated both.

I would take Barkov or McKinnon in a heartbeat but failing that I am more than fine with the Oilers picking Monahan.

32. SoxandOil says:

If it was my money I would be trying to flip picks with Carolina. They seem to be headed for a D and this way Edmonton can have first pick between Monahan and Lindholm or if someone goes crazy Barkov could fall into their lap. I don’t think the price would be very steep to jump a couple spots, 5 for 7 + Peckham? or a prospect.

2ndly, I would try like hell to package our 2 2nd round picks to get into the 13 to 17 range and try to walk away from the draft with either Monahan or Lindholm and one of Lazar, Horvat, Domi or Gauthier.

33. rich says:

@ commonfan:

First, I wouldn’t make the trade because I don’t think it’s worth moving any of Hall/Ebs/Yak/Shultz the Younger/Nuge. I’m just responding to what nitch asked because for Nashville, Barkov solves a big problem they have, so there’s no incentive for Poile to trade out of that slot. And even if someone above him takes Barkov in the top 3, he still gets a great piece to build with as one of McKinnon, Druin will fall to him.

@ nitch

2) Trade the #7 for an established player. Worth seeing what it can bring.

4) Trading an established player(s) for another established player(s).

5) Take BPA at #7.

Thankfully, Tambellini is not involved in the process any longer.

34. Beaker says:

rich:

Above does not jive with this:

rich:

1) Trade the #7 for more picks.Very hard to find a player w/as much impact later in the draft.We’ve been thru that and that’s another reason KP is no longer in the org.There are more instances where the team trading down lost value than it working out if you’re trading picks.

trading down for more picks does 0 to help the team in the next few years. I know you arent arguing for this but it isnt even an option.

35. rich says:

Beaker,

Beaker – correct. I wouln’t do it…but remember, this is the Oilers and we keep hearing rumor’s about Lazar.

36. ashley says:

Matheson was mentioning McIltrath in almost every article he wrote for 2 months. The Oilers were going to trade for another first round pick. I agree that he wasn’t just pulling that out of the air, and thankfully Sather saved us.

I think the Oilers lament the missed opportunity on Tyler Myers who was selected with the first round draft pick they surrendered for Penner. They want a giant defencemen, but that seems to be blinding them to the whether the player is skilled.

I don’t know why they don’t just go after Myers or someone like him, potentially using the draft pick with perhaps some other NHL talent coming back too given his contract. He’s established and better fits the cluster than a babyfaced dman in this draft who won’t see NHL ice for 3 years or more.

They will likely want to wait until draft day to see what is available, but I suspect MacT is laying the groundwork for a potential trade of #7 if their guy is gone.

37. rickithebear says:

Back to the standard model
    18M 1-3 FWD

8-14
    Smyth 2.25M
    MP 1.6M
    Harti 1M
    Lander 0.9M
    Rajalas 0.8M

i find it hard not to think we need High end forwards coming in @ 1M to replace higher priced vets.
    we need centers to roll on to this team in the next 2-4 years. Khaira, (lindholm, Monahan)
    gagner will be starting his 26 year old season in 2 years.

38. nitch57 says:

rich,

rich: <P@ nitchIt’s going to be very interesting to see what happens @ #7. If no one above us (meaning Calgary or Carolina) takes the Russian there are many possibilities open, particularly as LT has stated, a trade out of that position. Given that, the question will probably be what will bring back the most value to help this team get significantly better in the next couple of seasons:1) Trade the #7 for more picks. Very hard to find a player w/as much impact later in the draft. We’ve been thru that and that’s another reason KP is no longer in the org. There are more instances where the team trading down lost value than it working out if you’re trading picks. 2) Trade the #7 for an established player. Worth seeing what it can bring.3) Trade the #7 and an established player for established players. A blockbuster move.4) Trading an established player(s) for another established player(s).5) Take BPA at #7.Hemsky by himself most likely does not hold as much value given his contract and declining numbers. While many of us think he has a lot of value, other GM’s obviously have not. Gagner probably brings the most value of the vets…but does that just open another hole?I really think that this is a more difficult summer than the last couple of years because of the negligence (BTW – a great description of what’s been happening) of the pro player acquistions the last few summers. All Tambellini has really done is tear down and get declining value vets back.Thankfully, Tambellini is not involved in the process any longer.

It’s going to be very interesting indeed.

Ideally Barkov falls into our lap, we then can move Gagner and Hemmer for a top dman. Then we trade our 2 2nd rounders and pick Lazar or a great dman prospect that might have fallen in the draft. After that’s all said and done, we then send offer sheets to 2 RFA’s on a cash strapped team hopping to get one or really hurt their cap. Finally we pick up some experienced guys that have been bought out at a bargain price….

I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but even if a few of these thing can happen, we’d be in great shape.

39. Rondo says:

Sean Monahan is probably 2-3 yrs away from playing in the NHL.

Would that be an accurate statement?

Nicushkin in Russia for 2 yrs would be around the same wait.

40. jake70 says:

Is anyone still thinking about how good it felt to thump Minnesota and Vancouver the last 2 games? Didn’t think so. Distant memory. They lose those and they secure 5th overall at least…..any negative residual effect on team, or fans would, IMO be neglible. Not a constructive thought I realize, we are where we are, but the difference in that draft slot could be huge.

41. gogliano says:

I’m disappointed we didn’t go 0-48. We’d picking up either Jones, MacKinnon, or Drouin right now, guaranteed.

Wish we were FLA right now, amirite?

42. Jon K says:

LT, Is the Lowdown archived anywhere online? I’m very interested in what AJ had to say about Monahan and (obviously) missed the show today.

43. Bank Shot says:

Monahan has some similarities to Marc-Antoine Pouliot in his draft year.

Same height
    Both outscored the next highest teammate by 30 points. Same point totals.
    Lauded as good playmakers
    Both played complete games
    Average skating

44. Jordan says:

Rondo:
    Sean Monahanis probably 2-3 yrs away from needing shoulder surgery if selected by the Oilers.

Would that be an accurate statement?

Nicushkin in Russia for ever if selected by the Oilers, since Oilers + Russians = Facists + Communists.

Fixed it for you.

Note – Yak is not a Russian – he’s a Tatar. Know your players – http://oilersnation.com/2012/6/12/nail-yakupov-on-being-a-muslim-don-cherry-the-draft-combine-and-playing-in-canada

45. asiaoil says:

Simple question: would you trade #7 and Sam Gagner for the ability to draft Nathan MacKinnon?

46. slopitch says:

AsiaOil: Thats a real tough call. How long do you wanna rebuild for. On the other hand, the top 3 this year are supposed to be better then Yak. I don’t know enough but I think I would. The 7th overall this year isnt gonna be a difference maker either and Gagner isnt elite enough that he isnt replaceable.

47. Spydyr says:

asiaoil,

asiaoil:

In a heartbeat.

48. RickDeckard says:

asiaoil,

Too rich for my blood. Oilers don’t have enough NHLers to begin trading a roster player and a top ten pick for a single rookie.

49. Rondo says:

LT,

Does Sean Monahan have a higher upside than Logan Couture?

Couture went #9 in 20007.

Rondo:
    LT,

Does Sean Monahanhave a higher upside than Logan Couture?

Couturewent#9in 20007.

Pretty much the same as Monahan

51. Rondo says:

Could the Oilers be patient enough to slow cook Monahan like Couture, if in fact they did pick him.

Rondo:

Could the Oilers be patient enough to slowcook Monahanlike Couture, if in fact they did pick him.

That’s the question. My guess is no. I do think this player (if they choose 7) will arrive at 19 as an Oiler based on their own past. MacT kept Hemmer at 19.

53. sliderule says:

It isn’t beyond possibility that Horvat after M cup will be ranked higher on oilers list than Monahan.

I haven’t seen Monahan play but I have watched Horvat and he looks like the best OHL forward for what the oilers are looking for hands grit and skating.

54. zilong says:

lots of talk about moving up and down in the draft… below is a link for an interesting post that tries to estimate the relative value of picks using only pick for pick trades between ’06 and ’12. This represents just 46 trades with which to work, but nonetheless I think it would give a rough estimate of what to expect.

I’m not sure how a “deep draft” might skew things, but according to the estimates a late 2nd / early 3rd would be enough to jump from 7th to 5th overall. Also, our two 2nds (#37 and #55 to #60) might fetch in the #23 to 26 range if bundled together. Pronman says there is a drop-off after his top 16, followed by “a steady marginal decline.” So unless someone you like drops into that #23 to #26 range, it might not be worth it to swap 2 bullets for 1.

55. zilong says:

zilong:

Also, our two 2nds (#37 and #55 to #60) might fetch in the #23 to 26 range if bundled together.Pronman says there is a drop-off after his top 16, followed by “a steady marginal decline.”So unless someone you like drops into that #23 to #26 range, it might not be worth it to swap 2 bullets for 1.

Should be 26 to 30 range. Math is hard.

56. RickDeckard says:

zilong,

On one hand, Tyler Biggs happened that way. On the other, it may convince the Oilers not to do something stupid for Lazar.

57. Gerta Rauss says:

zilong,

thanks for that link

My biggest concern is that Calgary will also be looking to move up, especially if Barkov slides to 5, and they have more/better bullets than we do. One of those late first rounders trumps anything we could throw at Carolina.

The Oilers need to just take the best player at 7 and not overthink this-one of Monahan, Lindholm or Nich will be there at 7, just smile to camera, call out the name, and get off the stage.

58. LP says:

Yes please?:

Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 7m

Oilers might offer sheet Voynov.

59. Rondo says:

We will get to see Zadorov play on Friday against Saskatoon . I have a feeling Oilers would pick him at 7. I see Oilers list at #7
    Nichushkin

Monahan

Lindholm

Zadorov

And possible trade down

Horvat

Lazar

Rondo: Based on what we know–MacT wants speed on the blue, an ability to get the puck up and they want to be more physical–I do agree, Zadorov is probably a strong option.

61. fifthcartel says:

Rumblings that Tampa Bay have Nichushkin ranked #1 and Carolina might take Nurse are great signs of hope for the Oil.

62. Rondo says: