Craig MacTavish told us today he’s done, but I’m not buying. There are 10 things we could see between now and opening day of the 2013-14 season–here they are:
- Linus Omark traded. There are several teams with holes on the wing. Florida, Nashville and Tampa Bay are possibles.
- The fanbase realizing Anton Lander is a player the Oilers believe in. I can’t see any other way to frame the C situation–Will Acton isn’t much of a hurdle–so MacT (a defensive center) sees Lander (a defensive center) as a player of elevated importance compared to the view of the fanbase.
- Oilers will add a 2-way winger, someone like Daniel Cleary or Chad LaRose. The cost on these guys is going to be VERY small, maybe even a PTO.
- Oilers will grab a big man from the waiver wire during pre-season.
- Edmonton will trade Nick Schultz.
- Taylor Hall will be named captain.
- More and more pre-season predictions will have the Oilers making the playoffs.
- Corey Potter will find a new home.
- Ryan Hamilton making the team stories will begin to pop up.
- Someone will write a story asking if Taylor Hall can score 40 goals this season.