BILCKE INVITE

Windsor Spitfire Ty Bilcke has been invited to the Edmonton Oilers rookie training camp this fall. Story is here.

bilcke1

16 Responses to "BILCKE INVITE"

1. Ca$h-Money! says:

RW with 1 point in 46 games that doesn’t fight?

Is he the best defensive forward in the history of time?

2. jonrmcleod says:

Skill, skill, skill.

3. Ribs says:

Sure he’s from Ontario? Looks like he’s straight off the farm of Farmtown, SK

Did he win a contest?

Ah, I gets it now.

4. Hall Awaits says:

Someone on the scouting staff is smoking the drapes at Oilers HQ. I’m convinced.

PIM is the only thing I can see that they would have interest in.

5. Romulus Apotheosis says:

Wow… An offensive juggernaut!

So… who’s this guy going to kill in the Joey Moss cup?

6. böökje says:

Bilcke led the OHL in penalty minutes in his rookie season in 2011-12 with 221 minutes. He missed 22 games last season with a broken thumb and a shoulder injury.

SHOULDER INJURY – sounds like an Oiler already.

7. böökje says:

The article says he is going to play in the Young Stars tournament. Sounds to me like he is there to keep the young Canucks and Baby Flames in line. Not a bad idea.

This guy doesn’t require a draft pick. I’d call him ‘little Not Abney’

9. jfry says:

maybe they don’t have an analytics team, but a couple guys who are really good at rotisserie leagues?!

10. fifthcartel says:

So can Bilcke play in the top 6??

11. böökje says:

Jordan,

It’s a great opportunity and I wish him the best. I am sure he is hoping for an ECHL contract and that’s a realistic possibility.

12. dawgtoy says:

@Artful_Puck: –> RT @100degreehockey: According to sources, former #txstars & Steelheads F Austin Fyten has signed a 1 way AHL only deal w/ #OKCBarons.

13. Vince says:

This guy doesn’t require a draft pick. I’d call him ‘little Not Abney’

Always knew L’il Abner was prairie boy. Good night Irene!

14. Wes Mantooth-11 says:

Eakins going to love that double chin.

15. stevezie says:

Off topic Midnight Epiphany: You know what infamous player would be perfect for this team? Kyle Wellwood.

I know I’m not the first one to say it, but let me be the first to push it.

He can play6 lw on the third or centre the third. This gives us depth for the RNH recovery and the option of rolling three scoring lines when everyone is healthy. Good on draws. Good possesion numbers.

He has NHL level scoring and is capable of making game-breaking moves (sometimes), and can play defence well enough to anchor a 4th line. A 4th line for crying out loud! He’s an NHLer who can play C and LW, really that’s enough.

Presents obvious whipping boy to take heat off Gagner!

Only drawback is still no size. Refer those complaints to Admiral Obvious.

16. Bushed says:

Looks like a good way to carry a stick when playing the Nucks or Flames.

But also explains the point production stats…