There are times in life when pressure can make a person do funny things: closing time is one of the major culprits. Every male reading this is nodding his head yes, and I suspect a few females will be as well: deadlines lead to desperation and desperation leads to bad decisions.
- Walden Galleria, Buffalo NY: There are several players of interest for the Oilers, I’d suggest Tomas Vanek (who we have talked about before) and Drew Stafford (who Jim Matheson has talked about before) are possibles.
- Polo Park, Winnipeg MAN: Blake Wheeler is an unsigned rfa and is probably looking for a pretty penny. The Jets have some holes in their lineup, possibly the Oilers could help them out. The price would be dear.
- Galleria, St.Louis MO: The Blues are like a staging area for big, heavy forwards and as always they have a ton of them. Not quite a PF, David Perron brings a nice skill level to his game and does have some grit. I don’t know what the cost will be, but he’s apparently available and that’s a pretty important item at this point in the summer.
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto ON: The Leafs have themselves in some cap glue and the Oilers could lend a hand. Nikolai Kulemin is my choice, you may prefer someone else. Leafs have some nice things, but those free agent deals make it difficult to sign the entire roster.
- Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh NC: The Hurricanes are rumored to be signing Jaromir Jagr any minute now, and perhaps that means Tuomo Ruutu shakes loose. Oilers would be well advised to be in on that, he’s not a big man but his skills are a nice match for the Oilers.
- The Pru, Boston MA: The Bruins are doing fine on the cap but there have been rumblings about Brad Marchand so I’m including him on the list. He isn’t a big guy, but man he’s a helluva hockey player. All day. ALL day.
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
At this point, teams dealing with the Oilers will be needing one of two things: cap space or defensemen. The blue list is getting quite long and MacT said yesterday he’d like another, please.
- Jeff Petry
- Ladislav Smid
- Andrew Ference
- Justin Schultz
- Nick Schultz
- Philip Larsen
- Anton Belov
- Corey Potter
- Oscar Klefbom
- Martin Marincin
- Taylor Fedun
- Brandon Davidson
LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE
Very cool stuff on the show today at 10, hope you can tune in (Team 1260). Scheduled to appear:
- Bruce McCurdy from Cult of Hockey. Bruce was at the Prospects camp and will break it down. Send questions about specific players if you like!
- Corey Graham, Oil Kings PBP: We’ll talk draft, OK graduating and what the team might look like this fall.
- Michael Parkatti from Boys On the Bus: Michael has some unique and fascinating views on the draft, this will be a ‘must listen’ for Oiler fans in regard to this year’s draft.
- Noah Love, National Post. Noah joined us a couple of weeks ago to talk about his ‘two weeks to fix a franchise’ series, and this is the followup. Noah will break down the moves as he did here.
We’ll have open line plus texts at 10-1260 and of course twitter @Lowetide_. Really looking forward to it, hope you can tune in!