The big names will roll out tomorrow, but today’s waiver wire names are worth mulling over. Luke Adam, Adam Hall and Colton Sceviour caught my eye, let’s look at these guys one at a time.
- C-R Adam Hall: Veteran center who is pretty familiar with a 4line role and defensive hockey. I’d like to have him as an Oiler, bet he gets plucked before Edmonton can pick.
- C-L Luke Adam: 2nd round pick in 2008, pretty famous prospect since then but hasn’t been able to get any traction. He did play one complete season (11-12) and then couldn’t make it in the shortened season. Might be exceptional value.
- R Colton Sceviour: Young winger annually in the top 10 (AHL) in shots on goal, has scored 20 goals two seasons in a row (AHL) and is described as having some two-way ability. My ongoing search for a modern Fernando Pisani compels me to list him here.
- W Chris Porter: Veteran has some size and some checking ability. Likely a pass, but he has value.
- L Luke Gazdic: 6.03, 230 enforcer.
The top two offer legit value, the third has some nice things and the fourth could really help in areas like checking and penalty killing. Gazdic would step in for MacIntyre.
PROJECTED OPENING NIGHT 23 MAN ROSTER
- L1: Hall-Smyth-Hemsky
- L2: Arcobello-Perron-Eberle
- L3: Gordon-Joensuu-Yakupov
- L4: Acton-R Hamilton-Brown
- extras: L Ben Eager, L Gazdic
- D1: Smid-Petry
- D2: Ference-J Schultz
- D3: N Schultz-Belov
- extra: D Phil Larsen
- SG: Devan Dubnyk
- BG: Jason LaBarbera
- IR: C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C Sam Gagner, D Denis Grebeshkov, D Corey Potter, L Steve MacIntyre