Luke Gazdic scored a goal, won a fight and the hearts of Oiler fans last night with an impressive 5 minutes on Rexall ice. In a perhaps related story, Ben Eager has been placed on waivers. This shows several things:
- Oiler fans love, love, love their fighters. From Curt Brackenbury to Gazdic, there’s a home in our community for an enforcer.
- Craig MacTavish loves transactions, possibly more than me (his first 3-for-1 may actually kill me).
- The Oilers either want to rid themselves of one of their 48 contracts or want to save cap dollars wherever possible.
- The Zamboni may be waived next.
CURRENT 23-MAN ROSTER (20)
- L1: Hall-Smyth-Hemsky
- L2: Arcobello-Perron-Eberle
- L3: Gordon-Joensuu-Yakupov
- L4: Acton-Luke Gazdic-Brown
- D1: Smid-Petry
- D2: Ference-J Schultz
- D3: N Schultz-Belov
- SG: Devan Dubnyk
- BG: Jason LaBarbera
- IR: C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C Sam Gagner, D Denis Grebeshkov, D Corey Potter, L Steve MacIntyre
Is there something up? 20 guys on the active roster, with Grebeshkov ready to be placed on the active list but not close to action? Hmmm.
Nuge? Trade? Waiver? Recall? Ryan Jones? Ryan Hamilton? Huh.