OILERS SIGN BRYZGALOV

The Edmonton Oilers have signed free agent G Ilya Bryzgalov (as per Aaron Ward, tsn). More to come.

212 Responses to "OILERS SIGN BRYZGALOV"

« Older Comments
  1. RexLibris says:

SN showing the Flames records this far last season and this. Nearly identical.

Interesting to see how the next few weeks roll out leading up to the first BoA.

2. Bank Shot says:

RexLibris:
    Woodguy,

Flames fans are generally of the opinion they won the trade because they got the “best” (read only) player in the deal.

Simplistic way to do the math, but I think both teams won, sort of. Smid bolsters a blueline that featured Chris Butler and Kris Russell and has lost Giordano to extended injury time. The Oilers, as you say, pick up a real, live, breathing goaltending prospect. Horak is a decent replacement for Jones, Acton, or Gazdic.

I think Flames fans will be even more excited once Smid washes some of the perceived Oiler-ness off himself. We’ll see how long that lasts.

More and more I’m coming to think that the recent Broadway management excursion was to drum up interest from a number of sources. And see Rock of Ages live.

Horak looks like a crappy tweener to me. If he can’t crack Calgary’s roster then he’s probably not an NHLer.

Brossoit didn’t make the AHL this year. Long road ahead.

Hey look the Oilers are rebuilding again! Wheeee!

3. theres oil in virginia says:

New post it up

I wondered what you were up to. You were awfully quiet. I figured you were stocking the liquor cabinet for the seemingly impending Hemsky trade.

4. Nuckout says:

Romulus Apotheosis: Czechs night out!

sad dinner. Imagine if all three got traded somehow during the same dinner?

I hope they had some delicious meats.

Who gets the czech after the meal?

Even I disgust myself sometimes.

5. Henry says:

Zelepukin:
    I would not be surprised if Spector was basing that entire article on the fake Gord Miller tweet.

Bingo.

Earlier he had another nasty tweet offering good riddance to Hemsky.

He and Matty have to wait before spiking the ball.

theres oil in virginia: I wondered what you were up to.You were awfully quiet.I figured you were stocking the liquor cabinet for the seemingly impending Hemsky trade.

I did write a Sail on Hemsky, it made me sad and I drank some whiskey.

7. Henry says:

Romulus Apotheosis: Czechs night out!

sad dinner. Imagine if all three got traded somehow during the same dinner?

I hope they had some delicious meats.

Spector reporting it was a cheesesteak with bacon, no hot peppers.

8. Romulus Apotheosis says:

Lowetide: I did write a Sail on Hemsky, it made me sad and I drank some whiskey.

I’m enjoying this… the smokiness really brings out the salt in my tears:

9. theres oil in virginia says:

I suspect it gets posted tomorrow, but who knows.

I’m not sure what Philly is shooting for at this point. Their season is toast, so why trade for a UFA? Maybe they don’t realize their season is toast?

10. denny33 says:

russ99,

Read up on Horak a little more, and I like what we got. No Ryane Clowe but a decent bottom six piece with some offensive skill and decent upside. Surely a better option than Acton, Eager or Jones.

*********************************************************************************

Then why couldnt he crack the ‘vaunted’ flames lineup?

11. Ribs says:

Sinking….Sinking….. :(

12. raventalon40 says:

I’m just on the Oilers official website here.

I like how there are highlights of Bryzgalov making saves, then a couple of links later, highlights of the Oilers from their last visit to Philadelphia, scoring on Bryzgalov.

Previews of everything to come.

« Older Comments