COYOTES AT OILERS G53, 13-14

As we enter day 4000 in our ongoing series “I can’t think of anything but getting a defenseman” we begin to realize the Oilers might be screwed. Are there ANY teams in the NHL who could be wlling to give up a legit top pairing D?

• The Duke of Hafford: LT, with the draft in Philadelphia this year and their want for a defenceman, do you see them trying to make a splash? If Ekblad is available when the Oilers are drafting, would you trade Ekblad for Couturier +?

coburn  22

BRAYDON COBURN PLAYER CARD

corburnWhat would it cost—aside from the first round pick—to acquire Coburn and Couturier? I don’t have that answer, but it’s probably an idea worth mulling over in the months ahead.

• Goal: the new Dwayne Roloson, Ben Scrivens
  • Left Defense: Braydon Coburn, Andrew Ference, Martin Marincin
  • Right Defense: Jeff Petry, Justin Schultz, Taylor Fedun, Anton Belov
  • Center: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Sean Couturier , Boyd Gordon, Matt Hendricks, Anton Lander
  • Left Wing: Taylor Hall, David Perron, the new Ethan Moreau, Ryan Smyth, Luke Gazdic
  • Right Wing: Jordan Eberle, Nail Yakupov, the new Mike Grier, Tyler Pitlick

I didn’t take anyone off the roster, you might have to deal away the first and Gagner and something else, or maybe it’s Eberle I don’t know. Anyway, interesting idea and Coburn does seem to be having a nice season. Coburn is signed for only two more seasons, so you’d need to factor it in.

CROSSING JORDAN

hennessey gif

• A lot of rumors about Eberle being traded, but I don’t see it. I think the Oilers are sincere when saying Hall, Nuge, Eberle, Yakupov, Justin Schultz are the inner circle of the team—and maybe they give up on one, but it seems to me it’ll be Yakupov if it’s anyone. Even then, I don’t believe MacTavish trades the Russian yet, not until he can get full value. Derek Van Diest has the story of Eberle’s reaction here. Again, I don’t buy it.

EKBLAD

If the Oilers do take Ekblad at the draft, it might jumble the fall blue. I can see Nurse-Ekblad being a pairing at the rookie tournament, and then the Joey Moss, the early Calgary pre-season game and then the late Dallas game and into the regular season. It could be an issue, the Oilers have shown patience in only a few instances (Eberle, Nurse) and never with the number ones.

rom

It’s true, the Oilers will probably trade away 83 and chances are they will do it for a draft pick or two. A couple of things to remember: the value of picks this year is not high based on quality of talent—if the pick isn’t inside the top 15 then #27 might have as much value as #43, it’s all a crap shoot from there.

OILERS CURRENT DRAFT PICKS

• #2 overall (D Aaron Ekblad)
  • #117 overall (R Jaden Lindo)
  • #122 overall (L Alex Pawelczyk)
  • #151 overall (C Jason Cotton)
  • #152 overall (R Miska Siikonen)
  • #182 overall (L Brandon Baddock)

Oilers will probably grab a second and a third if possible, otherwise it’ll be similar to the 2008 entry draft. Edmonton has added Perron and Scrivens with help from this draft, I think they’ll sacrifice Hemsky, Nick Schultz, Ryan Smyth and maybe even Gagner for picks (and one suspects players). That doesn’t mean they won’t trade picks they acquire, in fact I can see the Oilers trading down from #2 overall to add a second if they feel there’s better value around #5-#7.

I’ll say this: Reinhart and Bennett are similar players to what the Oilers already have, and if they move down to 5-7 there should be a power forward available. Would you deal #2 for #5 and #35? Edmonton may do that this year, depending on what’s available when they select.

If the Edmonton Oilers traded the first round pick in a deal, for a legit NHL top pairing D, and didn’t draft until #117? Music! The NHL roster is the vital item to address this summer.

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

hennessy1

Friday! Game day! Scheduled to appear on TSN 1260 at 10 this morning:

10-1260 via text, or @Lowetide_ on twitter. See you on the radio!

335 Responses to "COYOTES AT OILERS G53, 13-14"

« Older Comments
  1. hags9k says:

Young Oil: Ideally that could be the case, but We need a true top pairing defender, both to ease in the rookies we have now with an established defender, and to prevent thrusting Nurse and Ekblad into a feature role before they are ready. They need to grow into it. I like keeping first round picks more than anyone, but that was the only asset I could think of that could bring back a high caliber player without opening other holes in the lineup. Most would suggest trading Marincin or Klefbom,but I think they are going to be VERY good defencemen. Big and well rounded.

What else would you suggest? Maybe Gags+J. Schultz for Erhoff, then sign Nikitin to play with Belov/Marincin, and draft a #2C in 2015 with the pick? I personally think J. Schultz, while very good offensively, has less upside than Nurse, Ekblad, Marincin, and Klefbom, due to being fairly one dimensional, so I’d be more than OK moving him (for the right price)

This is all good stuff, and I agree that somehow getting the Dman AND the 2C is the real conundrum. But if we also agree that Klefbom and Marincin have solid potential, then I just don’t know why we need to go get Erhoff when the cost is a chance at the ultimate 2C in the 2015 draft. I’d keep that first rounder.

That being said, we are then like you say at risk of shoving all those rookie D into the deep end, so that’s the key for me, have the guts to let them marinade in junior and the AHL, let Gagner try and bring up his trade value, and if it all means another season crawling out the Shawshank pipe, then so be it.

Perhaps we can find another suitable 2C in UFA, (Legwand?) or maybe we get that 2C in the 2015 draft, or hit lightning in a bottle with Yakimov, then maybe the D are starting to ripen, and we still have all the horses plus likely another high pick in 2015…

I just have a fear of short changing the long term cup potential because of the restlessness to improve now. I would also be leery of sending Schultz away this soon. With last year being the lockout, he is basically a rookie in my eyes. He needs more at bats and I think he still could become a very good player. The most I’d do is Gagner and Gernat/Musil/Simpson, which probably doesn’t get er done anyway.

2. spoiler says:

Derek: Yea. I’m just tuning in to see 15 shots a piece through 20 minutes? Whats the deal here, is this game worth watching?

Yep. Forwards are playing well, just don’t bring up the defense.

3. Ducey says:

Uh, guys the replay clearly shows Belov and Potter on the ice.

Pouzar: The first one was bad…the 2nd one was horse shit. And guess what…I liked it. We need more of it.

You know there’s no mercy rule, right? they are allowed to keep scoring on the Oilers. If Hendricks turns into a penalty machine he won’t stay. Aggressive play is good, hitting is good, making things difficult for the other guy is good, forechecking and back checking good.

Two penalties in the same period? Not good.

Ducey:
    What a bunch of dumbasses at Sportsnet.They blame the first goal on Petry – repeatedly.

Uh, guys the replay clearly shows Belov and Potter on the ice.

Agreed. Totally on Petry there.

6. spoiler says:

Ducey: What a bunch of dumbasses at Sportsnet. They blame the first goal on Petry – repeatedly.Uh, guys the replay clearly shows Belov and Potter on the ice.

Yeah, looked like the host tried to correct them, but they still got it wrong.

And Kypreos agreed with LT on Hendricks, so LT has got that going for his argument, lol!

Ference got sucked out totally on that Coyote PP goal, but the pundits didn’t show it.

And Bryz has been going down quick… like he’s taking tips from Dubnyk.

That’s Willis counting numbers

8. spoiler says:

I’m happy to see Hall on the point finally, but Schultz has to shoot too.

9. hags9k says:

I love Hall but I want to see Yak as the featured one timer on all 5 on 3s…

Use the right tool for the job.

10. spoiler says:

Lowetide: #Oilers SC cont’d.: First pair: +0/-0 85: +3/-0 2: +3/-0 77: +0/-2 44: +0/-2 PP: +2/-0 SH: +0/-4 EV: +3/-2That’s Willis counting numbers

50% Corsi at EVs thus far according to extraskater, which looks about right.

11. FastOil says:

Lots of shooting lanes on the PP, they are looking for pretty. Just shoot it.

12. Minister D- says:

Well. Ok. Good night, all!

13. D says:

Not one to bail on the Oil, but Friday, 4 – 0, goodnight folks.

14. FastOil says:

You’d think Marincin would be used to players coming uncontested to the net. He looked surprised.

15. book¡je says:

The good thing is 95% of fans haves tuned them out so there will be no outcry about getting spanked by the Coyotes.

16. spoiler says:

Vermette sure gets away with a lot of hooking away from the puck.

17. spoiler says:

That should be a delay of game on Schlemko.

18. hags9k says:

Smytty, juuuuuust a bit outside. lol

19. LostBoy says:

I’m gonna go finish binge-watching Breaking Bad (6 episodes to go).

Stay the course. Because savvy wisdom. Everyone expected and predicted one thing. Crashed through the floor, year on year improvement turned into a complete, pace for worst ever, pointless mess. But we collectively, from Katz on down to the prominent bloggers, appear to have awarded ourselves a new Year Zero. This isn’t a “rut”. This isn’t the same as the last three years. The last three years showed steady, sustained, improvement across the board.

Since nothing’s going to change, I’ll hope there really is a post-Olympics resurgence of some kind. What else is there to do? I guess until then, we watch this. Until we give up and go watch something else.

20. Derek says:

I can’t believe people are still paying to watch this live.

For a “high skill team” these guys sure do have issues stringing together two consecutive passes tape to tape.

21. PREDICKTER says:

So, the five forward power play didn’t work and it looks like the crap the coach puts out there now aint working, is it time for the five defensemen to give it a try?

22. spoiler says:

HENDRICKS!

23. G Money says:

Sorry, this game is my fault.

I was watching a show on the PVR with the wife and flipped to the game twice. The first flip I literally watched the second goal go in one second after the broadcast came up.

The second time, I chuckled because it was already 3-0, and five seconds later, Petry tripped in the corner and the easy 4-0 goal went in.

Then I was walking out of the room to read comments on this blog and *the second* I reached the door, Hendricks scored.

Sorry all. I wish I could control this power.

24. edoil1 says:

I really wonder if this team ever practice puck battles with oncoming forward’s,in fact I think I know that answer,not enough,or with their record that’s all they should be doing right now,they lose 75% against every team in the league,I do believe you “can” coach a better result.Look at Calgary,they lose,but they battle, I can at least respect that.

25. hags9k says:

G Money,

That’s funny. I had a buddy who stood in my backyard pacing for the 2nd and 3rd periods of Game 7, 06 because he thought that the Canes were scoring every time he was inside watching. Still can’t believe that. Funnier still is that he is the head trainer of the PG Cougars.

26. G Money says:

hags9k,

Ha! I love sports superstitions. Sometimes I invent and practice a superstition just for the fun of it. Next game I shall wear my rasta hat (complete with dreadlocks) and see if that helps.

I hope I’m not damaging my kids too badly.

27. G Money says:

edoil1,

Remember how Eller called the Oilers a Jr team?

In one sense he had it right – the Oilers are below average in size up front, and positively Smurf-esque on defense.

If the Oilers were indeed to draft Aaron Ekblad, he would immediately be the largest defenseman on the team. (Or second largest depending on which weight you believe is correct for Belov).

Think about that. The largest defensemen on the Oilers would be a KHL vet – not exactly renowned as a league with large defenders – and a current Jr.

You wonder why we can’t win a battle or break a cycle?

Sometimes size does matter …

28. TartanArmy says:

Same old same old. Can’t win puck battles. Easy plays are more complicated than they need to be. Skill guys look like minor-leagers. Goaltending on the wrong side of mediocre. The only way this ends is some major moves need to be made, be it player or coaching staff or both. It’s horrible. This team is sooooooooo frustrating, yet I still find myself being drawed into watching games.

God help me.

…………make the bad man stop. (Mercy)

29. neojanus says:

Eakins isn’t making it out of the season on the bench here.

It might not be all his fault, but this losing atmosphere at home will cost him a job despite the words of support he has received.

The rage of the fans will push MacT into having no choice but to pull the trigger.

30. book¡je says:

neojanus:
    Eakins isn’t making it out of the season on the bench here.

I think they have reached the apathy zone.

31. hags9k says:

neojanus,

Or is DE just a patsy in MacTs plan for McDavid?

32. spoiler says:

After two, Oil have slight lead in EV CF% and 56-44% lead in EV Fenwick. Now if they could only get their puck luck up to those levels.

33. hags9k says:

spoiler,

34. TartanArmy says:

I’ll say this, I like Hendrick’s bastard attitude. I hope it rubs off on the rest of the team and the take a page from his book of bitterness.

35. spoiler says:

hags9k: spoiler, But how do we quantify the “coast factor” affecting those numbers since PHX has been up 3?

There’s one shot different between the teams at 5X5 Close.

36. TartanArmy says:

Wow….Perron with a little sweetness.

37. spoiler says:

David Perron, Ladies and Gentleman… David fuckin Perron.

38. spoiler says:

Smytty helping with some crease distraction there.

39. FastOil says:

That was nice.

40. hodgkins says:

Was just thinking, “Man, what happened to Perron?”… and then he scores!

41. FastOil says:

Nuge standing in hard.

42. book¡je says:

Mark it down, that goal is the start of the turnaround for the Oilers. 6-4 Oilers win. Stanley cup in 2016.

43. hags9k says:

spoiler,

5 x 5 close is a tied score? Or within +/- 1?

44. spoiler says:

hags9k: spoiler, 5 x 5 close is a tied score? Or within +/- 1?

The latter.

45. Pouzar says:

Schultz…just one slapper please.

46. hags9k says:

spoiler,

Thank you. Must be a small sample with this game…

47. spoiler says:

hags9k: spoiler, Thank you. Must be a small sample with this game…

14-13

48. teddyturnbuckle says:

Dallas has some really bad hair tonight. He needs to cut that thing.

49. 8p0intgame says:

I <3 Nuge.

Turn on the game and watch him battle 2 (3?) forwards to get to the front of the net, hitting Yandle in the face in the process. Looked quiet when Yandle confronted him after the whistle but stood his ground.

50. Pouzar says:

So easy to defend a PP that has no threat of a point shot. At least Schultz use to work that wrister…completely abandoned that part of his game it seems.

51. edoil1 says:

TartanArmy,

It just blow’s my mind how three former NHL veterans Lowe/Tambo/McT could put this franchise i n this place with not one top 4 D,Petry maybe 4 but that’s it,even Calgary has Giordano/Smid,Buffalo Erhoff/Myres,maybe they should have spent more time on that subject, around the campfire in Kelowna.

52. Derek says:

hags9k:
    spoiler,

5 x 5 close is a tied score? Or within +/- 1?

I believe its +/- 2 in periods 1 and 2, and +/-1 in the 3, no?

53. hodgkins says:

The Oilers smell blood! I loved how Hendricks referred to the Coyotes as a “fragile team” in the interview during the break.

54. spoiler says:

Is it just me or has Jones been a different player these past two weeks?

55. RexLibris says:

I love reading comments from those outside of Edmonton about how small or quiet Nugent-Hopkins is.

I’ve seen as much fight and edge in his game these past few years as I have Perron thus far this season.

Flames taking Nashville to a shootout. Eric Nystrom with all four goals for Nashville.

56. RexLibris says:

spoiler:
    Is it just me or has Jones been a different player these past two weeks?

There was an interesting article about Jones in the EJ the other day. Alluded to his having a child as changing his priorities and focus.

57. spoiler says:

Gord what a beautiful goal!

58. hags9k says:

Nuge!

59. book¡je says:

See, here it comes !

60. Pouzar says:

Eberle is sublime. Hendricks rules.

Screw all y’all!!!!!!!!

61. hodgkins says:

The drum is beating!!!

62. spoiler says:

Derek: I believe its +/- 2 in periods 1 and 2, and +/-1 in the 3, no?

63. Pouzar says:

and sam bein sam

That’s why I don’t want to trade Eberle. I know he’s paid too much, but the guy can play with Hall-Nuge and it’s magic. Why break up the one fucking thing that’s magic?

65. spoiler says:

spoiler: Don’t think so, but I’m not sure yet what extraskater is doing, so I’ve been trying to track mid-game but the site updates very poorly till the end of periods.

And the second and third goal came kiss kiss bang bang without much chance to assess.

66. 8p0intgame says:

RexLibris,

I was just commenting on RNH keeping his mouth shut when confronted by Yandle.

67. VanOil says:

By time on ice time on ice Marincin is now the Oilers #2 Defense man. If you discount J.Schultzs PP time he is the #1 shut down defender.

68. hags9k says:

Exactly. That and I don’t want to have to watch him get 60 goals with SC87.

69. Pouzar says:

Marincin at 19:59 TOI

70. spoiler says:

Eberle with the biggest bodycheck he has thrown In his life and Hall just about ties it up.

71. vangolf says:

Hendricks is what ference needed to be and hasnt been.

72. Derek says:

Holy shit Eberle just crushed a dude.

73. spoiler says:

We’re running their show, lol. Maybe Hendricks has had an effect on this team.

74. Pouzar says:

Ebs finishing checks?

75. spoiler says:

Derek: Holy shit Eberle just crushed a dude.Actually I think its +/-1 in the first 2 and even in the third. I’ll try and find out.

That’s the way I remember it.

76. RexLibris says:

8p0intgame:
    RexLibris,

I was just commenting on RNH keeping his mouth shut when confronted by Yandle.

I’ve noticed he rarely initiates, but when someone takes a cheap shot or a late hit, provided it doesn’t interfere with the game, he’ll give it right back.

Smart player with a quiet fire burning inside. I like those.

77. vangolf says:

Ederle just killed Larson. More impressive than the assist.

78. RexLibris says:

Pouzar:
    Ebs *cashing* checks?

Fixed.

79. 8p0intgame says:

Maybe that’s the plan… Throw the season and grow the young D into a real NHL defence.

80. VanOil says:

spoiler:
    We’re running their show, lol.Maybe Hendricks has had an effect on this team.

81. Pouzar says:

oh and nice cross check earlier Mr. Pronger.

82. hags9k says:

Jones has had a night.

83. Pouzar says:

Hendricks in the middle of the shit again…love it

84. FastOil says:

Doan is a beast

85. spoiler says:

VanOil: Your right Big effect, we could be winning this game right now if he had not given up some undisciplined penalties in the 1st.

Or if Ference hadn’t heard a dog whistle, or if Potter had held his position, or Bryz had stood a little taller, or if the puck hadn’t bounced on some sticks…

MArco Roy with 2A tonight, now 19, 5-15-20

87. hags9k says:

Sure is fun to watch when they play hungry like this. Bottle it boys.

88. fuzzy muppet says:

Nice coaching by eakin’s putting out 28-89-64 together. They promptly get hemmed in.
    Quite possibly the worst defensive line ever made.

89. Derek says:

Extraskater.com:
    Close refers to game situations where the score is tied in any period or within one goal in the first or second periods. This does a pretty good job of removing score effects, which are the result of a team going into a defensive shell or going all-out to score a goal. Close numbers have proven to be a better predictor of future results in some instances than numbers from all game situations.

90. RexLibris says:

If the Analytics guys can find the Oilers a Perron or two every once in a while and the pro scouts can identify functional players like Hendricks every once in a while, this team might stand a chance.

91. VanOil says:

spoiler: Or if Ference hadn’t heard a dog whistle, or if Potter had held his position, or Bryz had stood a little taller…

I wish… http://youtu.be/ryDOy3AosBw

92. Gerta Rauss says:

spoiler:
    Is it just me or has Jones been a different player these past two weeks?

He’s a street fighting man

93. Pouzar says:

Khaira with a goal, 37, 13-17-30. He had a slow start, but has come along.

95. RexLibris says:

MArco Roy with 2A tonight, now 19, 5-15-20

Off topic a bit, but have you seen John Gaudreau’s numbers recently?

That kid is pretty good. I’m anxious to see his transition to pro, whether he can weather the change.

96. RexLibris says:

That defensive zone time where Belov threw the mid-zone check was really nice. Effective and efficient use of space and positioning to cut off the Coyotes’ chances and retrieve the puck and exit the zone with control.

Very nice.

97. VanOil says:

Pouzar: Look…I don’t what your issue is with the Hendricks trade but the dude is having a game. Give him that much.

No issue just being a dink.

98. Pouzar says:

We gotta tie one game up late…right?

99. hags9k says:

fuzzy muppet,

Trying to reward 28 by moving him up there, but why when the Hendricks line was effective. Things are going well.. Time to mix it up!

100. spoiler says:

Gerta Rauss: He’s a street fighting man

Well that’s more useful than being a Basketball Jones.

How was that not icing?

101. fuzzy muppet says:

At least it was entertaining…

The officials were shite tonight

102. RexLibris says:

A loss like this doesn’t sting as badly.

103. teddyturnbuckle says:

Keep padding that draft ranking.

104. Pouzar says:

F^ck it all to hell.

nite peeps

105. Gerta Rauss says:

That was one of them moral victories

106. teddyturnbuckle says:

Good game I enjoyed this one.

107. spoiler says:

RexLibris: A loss like this doesn’t sting as badly.

Nope, and I think they played half-decent last game too. This ship might be starting to turn.

108. Derek says:

I enjoyed watching this game of hockey featuring the Edmonton Oilers, that doesn’t happen very often. Babysteps.

Anton Belov can play on my third line anytime.

Nick Schultz was not missed at all.

Martin Marincin has a ton of potential.

I liked the way they shot the puck from all areas tonight instead of trying to pass it into the net, if I were Eakins I would challenge them to try and out shoot the opposition every night regardless of the score, shoot from everywhere etc.

Fire Sam Gagner into the sun.

109. gogliano says:

How was that not icing?

Nultz out and Marincin in makes this a better team. Hopefully he keeps looking like he fits in, that is a good addition going forward.

110. hags9k says:

Well, I think I heard Debrusk say Marincin has “poise” so I’m pretty sure that means he’s made the team full time.

111. spoiler says:

Derek: Fire Sam Gagner into the sun.

Yep.

112. FastOil says:

Nice effort. A few better plays and it’s a win. Nice to see some physical play all round pretty much. Phoenix would be the team to beat if the playoffs were in sight, and the Oilers will soon be ahead of that team, especially when they sign Morris and trade Gagner for Hanzal. Next year will be better barring any calamities. Ciao all

113. hags9k says:

Another jersey on the ice. Ouch.

114. Suntory Hanzo says:

Jonesy said some biting comments towards the players accountability.

Well said.

115. Surly says:

hags9k:
    Another jersey on the ice. Ouch.

Agreed re: Ouch. Wrong game to do that again (probably alcohol related). I see the trainer gave it right to Eakins….play it smart and don’t bring it up in the presser coach!

116. edoil1 says:

Derek,

Marincin look’s great,I never did get the love Sam thing,but now we have to hope he play’s better so we move him along,spend’s alot of time, on his butt ,on the ice.

117. FTO says:

Wow, I just don’t see how that was a game that deserved a jersey throwing. Buddy must have just been blackout.

118. Derek says:

FTO:

Friday night in Edmonton man! Woooo!

119. Andy P says:

I don’t mind watching games like this, although I only tuned in for the third. If they play as hard as this every game then surely wins will follow and increase as MacT improves the team piece by peace.

I actually hope they do stick with Eakins, but clean out Acton, Smith, Bucky and Chabot. I believe MacT is doing a good job so far and is moving in the right direction.

I think MacT is discovering exactly how hard it is to attract high end talent to Edmonton, because. But he is doing as good a job as anyone could.

For the first time in a while I think the team is starting to finally play with heart and actually have fun doing that. We may be in for some entertaining hockey for the rest of this season.

120. FTO says:

Derek: Friday night in Edmonton man! Woooo!

Haha either that or the guy is just being over dramatic and was planning on throwing the jersey no matter how they lost, even if it was a close one.

121. dawgtoy says:

Guy sitting two seats beside me tried to throw his Jersey on the ice, but his arm strength was as pathetic as his ability to hold his liquor. He ran like a scared girl for the exits , and didn’t see his jersey land only four rows ahead of us, nowhere near the ice.

122. oilersfan says:

Marincin by eye looks to be the best dman the oilers have had since souray left. A little more offence would be nice but he wins most of his battles and seems to have very good hockey sense.

123. commonfan14 says:

I’m pretty sure MacT has HBO, and that the reason they pursued/traded for Hendricks is the part of this episode of 24/7 that starts at 9:37.

(weird url, but the only place I could find it)

124. Colieo87 says:

Another jersey sent to the ice tonight pretty brutal but i expect more coming as the expectations mount. Fans have had enough and Lowe has to quit and step down the president of hockey operations has to be earned not just expected, that’s how effective management rewards their management. Im not bashing mac t or eakins. but enough is enough already. this fool has to go.

125. Andy P says:

Jonesy absolutely nailed it, and it points right at the core players who consider themselves above league wide systems. Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Yak. I’m not saying trade them, I’m saying that is where this battle of the wills, almost a fight to the death, is, and that’s why we as fans, for the better of the team, need to stop this idiocy of calling MacT and Eakins fools. They may be rookies in their current roles, but these are intelligent, well quality men of character and integrity, as frustrated as we are at the losing, but taking unfair criticism for the Tambo years.

I support cleaning out the assistants though, or at least giving the head coach the opportunity to choose his own assistants.

126. Ducey says:

Jackson Houck with 2 goals tonight. Now with 27 in 47 games

127. bill needle says:

The problem is that the fans have no expectations for the team any more, and the team is still unable to reach those lofty expectations.

128. auzy11 says:

Is any one seeing what i am seeing,this is horrid,i dont even want to play the blame game its far beyond that,i sit here wondering even what to say and i have blogs all over the world,on a variety of topics,but not once have i been at a loss for words,other than this is a total debacle,and there is no hope in sight,,,none,,zip,zero….

129. auzy11 says:

Eakins,,my god the carrot man is the fricking problem look at last year compared to this,,,the goals against are worse by a mile the goals for are worse,,,,,this guy is twisted i swear to god there is something wrong with him from a personal standpoint

130. auzy11 says:

spoiler,

Are you out of your mind? Starting to turn,,,it will only get worse…trust me!!!!!!!!!!

131. oliveoilers says:

FTO:

The jersey should have been thrown in the second intermission. We were terrible and lucky not to be down by more. Don’t let the score line flatter you, that game was out of reach after the 1st. The difference between the two teams is that PHO looked as if they could score every time they entered our zone and we did not. One period of good hockey and you guys are back to planning the parade. The way I see it, we’ll be lucky to win another 5 games. I truly hope I’m wrong. I just have this horrid feeling that the players are trying to do exactly what Eakins tells them. But just what is he telling them to do?

132. book¡je says:

auzy11:

You have blogs all over the world???

Isn’t every blog all over the world (with exceptions like North Korea)?

A supposed advanced stats savvy blog gettting giddy about score effects.

“Beer goggles” much guys.

134. oliveoilers says:

godot10:
    A supposed advanced stats savvy blog gettting giddy about score effects.

“Beer goggles” much guys.

Lol, I’ve got an advanced score effect! It’s called 4-3, you lose, go home, come back and try again!

Like the beer goggles. I bet she has a great personality.

135. Andy P says:

auzy11,

We are all entitled to our opinions, nor do they need to be informed.

« Older Comments