Dallas Eakins had an interesting quote today, talking about “changes” and the possibility he could be out if things don’t turn around. Allow me to list the things I would do before firing Dallas Eakins.
- Shoot the powerplay coach
- Add two actual NHL defensemen
- Find a goalie who can stop pucks at a .915 clip
- Wait one year.
If Dallas Eakins doesn’t have this team in a position near the outskirts of the playoffs at this time next year, then fine. Pull the plug. But not a moment before, and certainly not this season. The media conferences alone are too damn valuable!
THE REAL LIST
- Two actual NHL defensemen
- A starting goalie to go with Scrivens
- A big two-way center
- A powerplay