The Oil Kings are at home tonight (7, Rexall) to play the Calgary Hitmen. This is a great matchup any time, but this season the two teams are at the top of the conference standings and both have fun players to watch.
- Greg Chase: 45, 25-25-50 and looking like a legit NHL prospect. This is a 7th round pick who could be a Kyle Brodziak home run. The scout who convinced the Oilers to take him is probably driving around in a brand new Cadillac.
- Jack Virtanen: 46, 30-17-47 and one of McKenzie’s top rated players for the 2014 draft. Those 30 goals have come in bunches, many recently.
- Adam Tambellini: 6, 2-6-8 and having an immediate impact.
- Mitch Moroz: 46, 25-21-46 and having a strong final season in junior. I’ve been watching his progress and wonder how far he can go.
- Aaron Irving: 44, 8-20-28 and one of McKenzie’s honorable mentions for the 2014 entry draft.
- Curtis Lazar: 33, 26-22-48 and probably my favorite Oil King since Phil Russell.
The Oilers have a lot of prospects in action tonight, I’ll update as I can (it’s date night, wine drinking, pizza making HNIC watching night in Canada).