OILERS AT DEVILS G60, 13-14

On December 27, the Oilers were 39GP, 12-24-3. In the 20 games since, Edmonton is 8-9-3. In their last 10: 5-4-1. Last night’s game offered some hope, and from some of the bright young faces on the team. Nail Yakupov, Martin Marincin, Taylor Hall. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

LAST NIGHT, CHANCE RULED extra skater oilers

That top line rumbled and the top pairing did too. I thought the other lines had their moments, but Smyth and Ryan Jones were setting the woods on fire too, and I thought the young man Gazdic did a nice thing or two as well. Among the rest, Andrew Ference made plays good and bad (reflected here) and Mark Fraser had his best game as an Oiler—and it still wasn’t any good. Scrivens? Sign. the. man.

TAYLOR HALL PLAYER CARD

hall player card

There were some backchecks and forechecks and battles won last night, and the winning goal involved Hall using skill and determination to get a split second of clearance for the setup to be arranged. He had three games of Corsi 5×5 for’s in the 30′s before last night, so he was due. The fact he can do this on the road, against a pretty good team (according to the standings and the last 20 games) like the Rangers? Here’s hoping these last 21 games rock and roll.

gagner common1

RUMORS

I heard some chatter yesterday afternoon about low-life’s making up rumors, and I agree. People who make crap up for the sake of it should have their blogger license revoked. However, yesterday’s information didn’t come from bloggers, didn’t come from layabouts, didn’t come from hippies, didn’t come from Sochi toilets. I would like to remind everyone about how the Sam Gagner rumors got started yesterday:

• AJ Jakubec, TSN 1200 Ottawa: Oilers and Kings working on another trade. Hearing Sam Gagner to LA is very close
  • AJ Jakubec, TSN 1200 Ottawa: Kyle Clifford the expected return for Edmonton if Gagner deal goes through.
  • AJ Jakubec, TSN 1200 Ottawa: Further to earlier tweets, a 2nd source told me the Oilers would get more than Clifford from LA if Gagner deal is completed.
  • AJ Jakubec, TSN 1200 Ottawa: Kings are tight to the cap & could delay until after the Olympic break. Oilers would retain part of Gagner’s salary in any deal.
  • Bob McKenzie, TSN: Interesting tweets from @AJonSports regarding possible deal between LA and EDM involving Gagner and Clifford. Also hearing this possible.
  • Bob McKenzie, TSN: It’s complicated because of LA’s cap issues — EDM would have to retain salary? — and LA may have to give up another piece. Stay tuned.
  • Bob McKenzie, TSN: BTW, @mayorNHL reported earlier this week that LA was looking at sending Clifford and a draft pick to EDM for Gagner.
  • Bob McKenzie, TSN: To be clear, I can’t assure you Clifford + a pick or prospect for Gagner + EDM retaining $ is guaranteed to happen but it’s being discussed.

No bloggers here, folks. I think it behooves the discerning reader to track back the rumor—is the person claiming to have specific knowledge or are they discussing the possibilities? On the LDWLT, I mentioned Dwight King, Kyle Clifford, Jordan Nolan, Tanner Pearson, Alec Martinez, Tyler Toffoli, Derek Forbort. No one in any official capacity gave me those names, and so I didn’t say “I have heard from a credible source” and that’s an easy line to draw as a broadcaster (and as a listener). If someone is telling you a trade is imminent, and that Kyle Clifford is coming to the Oilers 100% certain, check their bio. Do they have connections? This is a pretty easy item to figure out.

And on the other hand, if McKenzie says “Clifford + a pick or prospect for Gagner + EDM retaining $ is guaranteed to happen but it’s being discussed” then it’s being discussed.

NOT A RUMOR, JUST A THOUGHT

I think the Oilers probably like this guy a lot. MacT, Stu MacGregor and Brad Davis were at this game last night, so I imagine they saw Bennett good and Ekblad bad.

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

lane1

10 this morning, TSN 1260. Scheduled to appear:

• Steve Lansky, Big Mouth Sports. Olympics, trade deadline, God knows.
  • Corey Graham, Oil Kings play by play. The train keeps a rollin’
  • Rob Soria, Oil Drop. Is this 5-4-1 streak all about goaltending? Or is there something else?
  • FC Edmonton. Getting closer to the start of camp and the players are rolling into town.
  • Jungle Jim Hunter. Olympics! We’ll talk about the media coverage and the early events.

10-1260 text and @Lowetide_ twitter. See you on the radio!

300 Responses to "OILERS AT DEVILS G60, 13-14"

« Older Comments
  1. OilClog says:

Ebs has the “feet no move” syndrome. I heard the press box clears that up, true?

Nuge. hand. CRAP!

3. The Great One says:

Nuge. hand. CRAP!

Haiku?

4. RexLibris says:

Nuge. hand. CRAP!

If it has to happen, now is probably the best time. Two weeks to rest it.

5. gr8one says:

I think it’s interesting that one of Yak’s biggest knocks is “trying to do it all himself”, yet to my eye, it seems he doesn’t play that way with good linemates.

When his linemates are plugs I think it’s just natural for him to do too much rather than attempt a pass knowing it’s likely to get fumbled and turned over.

That Hall goal was beautiful, Yak is an underrated passer IMO, that subtle little shot fake to freeze the goalie before passing it. Beauty.

6. OilClog says:

Nuge. hand. CRAP!

I use TP

7. jake70 says:

Nuge. hand. CRAP!

This was my concern the other day when discussing the merits of RNH on the PK. (along with the not being fresh for 5×5 play arguments being made)

8. OilClog says:

gr8one:

Yea, but he’s Russian.. The legend goes they aren’t “team” players, duh.

9. OilClog says:

RNH on the penalty kill is a coach killing himself.

If he’s that damn good! feed him heavy 5×5 and PP coach! Far more effective then playing him 2mins a night on the penalty kill.. Ridiculous. Coaching 101 FFS

10. spoiler says:

book¡je: Spoiler – I was simply responding to your skepticism regarding someone making a cross country text message vs the other arguments you have stood up for. I’m sorry if you were offended. However, if you are going to LOL other people comments and brashly defend a weak argument, you need to grow a thicker skin. I don’t accept that it’s impossible that the leak of the trade could have started with the Kings. You are arguing the absolute position here and as such the burden of proof lies with you.

Dude no need to apologize. I wasn’t offended in the least, because Internet… just taken aback that your next argument was to refer to some unrelated conspiracy theory perception you have of me.. I don’t know how LOLing at your words would lead you to making an inference about my character, or how it could be used as justification for doing so. But hey whatever.

If you go up and read my original comment you will see that my point was that I don’t see how the rumour being leaked by an Ottawa radio man can act as an argument FOR the Kings leaking the trade as opposed to the players that were being leaked which I considered WAS a good argument FOR the Kings leaking the trade. I disagreed with one side of Woodguy’s proposition and agreed with the other.

How that could possibly be construed as an absolute argument is beyond me. Nowhere do I contend that LA cannot be the source of the rumour.

11. OilClog says:

spoiler: Dude no need to apologize.I wasn’t offended in the least, because Internet… just taken aback that your next argument was to refer to some unrelated conspiracy theory perception you have of me.. I don’t know how LOLing at your words would lead you to making an inference about my character, or how it could be used as justification for doing so. But hey whatever.

How that could possibly be construed as an absolute argument is beyond me.Nowhere do I contend that LA cannot be the source of the rumour.

Andtaking the opposing side, that the Ottawa connection lends credence to the argument pro LA being the source, because Internet, well I’d say the burden of proof lies with you, because that is sooo LOL weak.

You guys should hug.

12. Derek says:

Ryane Clowe playing the half boards on a National Hockey League power play? Forget LA, send Gagner to NJ for a kings ransom.

Musil (Fyten, Ewanyk) 2-3

14. VanOil says:

That Yak v. Jagr battle should become a GIF

15. wheatnoil says:

I don’t know what Eakins did to Yakupov but I really like this version.

16. The Great One says:

VanOil:
    That Yak v. Jagr battle should become a GIF

Musil (Fyten, Ewanyk) 2-3

JF Jacques with a goal!

Oilers are really coming together here. Can’t wait until the game Sund….d’oh!!!!

18. book¡je says:

OilClog: You guys should hug.

I think we should stop wasting space on LTs page – all done.

I am kinda liking this Oilers team.

19. striatic says:

NJ isn’t a very good team right now, other than Jagr and Schneider, but it *is* fun to watch the Oilers play a little defense, successfully.

20. VanOil says:

The holding non call on Marincin’s stick was brutal

Swarm!!!! Oh well, NJD wins. I really like this road trip.

22. jb says:

wheatnoil:
    I don’t know what Eakins did to Yakupov but I really like this version.

It’s just the opposite of the Gagner treatment.. Gift him everything and he’ll take it for granted and not really care. It’s about making him accountable for every mistake.

Except in Oiler land of course.. where making him earn everyting means the coach is just ruining the player..

23. spoiler says:

Brainlock costs them a point. They were full value for a win tonight and didn’t get it, but they played a good road game and kept the goals against down again.

24. striatic says:

Ugh. Spoke too soon.

Still, overall pleased with the effort.

Rather lose 2-1 in OT than all these giving up 3-4 goal affairs.

25. book¡je says:

Oops. The oilers must have the record for the most ‘first goals against’

26. OilClog says:

How the fuck is that not a penalty

27. OilClog says:

That’s got to be one of those situations the league secretly fines the ref. no?

28. RexLibris says:

The funny thing is Eakins is probably happier with this loss than the San Jose win, and understandably so.

Play this game 100 times and you’ll win more often than not. Play that San Jose game even 10 times and you could only ever win that once.

29. gogliano says:

NJ commentators twisting themselves in knots trying to defend the noncall.

Nice game by Marincin throughout the game, he got robbed there at the end.

30. Marcus Oilerius says:

RexLibris:

I saw the Oilers outshot and outchanced this game.

31. Derek says:

This was a good effort on the second half of a back to back despite the end result.

32. theres oil in virginia says:

I watched the devils broadcast. Quote by the announcer at the time the viewers were watching the stick hold: “That’s a good non-call by the refs there.” I knew a goal was coming next. The refereeing in the NHL continues to mystify me. The officiating was horrible all night, both ways.

33. russ99 says:

Good way to finish the break despite the loss, but a point on the road in a back to back isn’t too shabby.

Kinda glad we get a three week break from this trying season, hope they come back and improve even more.

Gonna be fun to see Marincin play in the Olympics. Belov and Hemsky too.

34. jake70 says:

Hope Ebs enjoys the break and comes back with some fire in his belly.

35. SpotTheLoon says:

I have really enjoyed watching the last few games. At least the team is competitive which is all I can hope for at this point. Sure, there are still breakdowns. But there are some good things happening as well.

36. Derek says:

Jonathan Willis ‏@JonathanWillis 46m

Horak (Lander, Hunt)

Eager (Acton, Musil) 4-3. Musil’s going crazy with the offense tonight.

Marco Roy with a goal tonight 24, 7-16-23

Nurse with an assist 53, 11-31-42 +4

Horak (Pinizzotto, Arcobello) 5-3

Platzer with a goal 50, 13-11-24

43. spoiler says:

Derek: Over the last five periods, the #Oilers are out-chanced 12-3 at evens with Fraser on the ice, out-chance opposition 17-14 without him.

44. RexLibris says:

Marcus Oilerius,

But compared to the San Jose win, this was a far better effort and example of game control.

45. RexLibris says:

spoiler: That sounds about right. Thank gord Jultz can skate for hours otherwise we would have seen more of the FFs, FFS.

Maybe MacTavish can flip him at the deadline for…well…whatever.

46. wheatnoil says:

RexLibris: Maybe MacTavish can flip him at the deadline for…well…whatever.

Maybe he can get Cam Abner for him.

47. Ducey says:

Platzer with a goal 50, 13-11-24

Now 2 goals tonight.

48. RexLibris says:

wheatnoil: Maybe he can get Cam Abner for him.

To the Flames for a 7th rounder?

49. RexLibris says:

Riley Nash with a goal tonight.

I’d still prefer Marincin.

50. RexLibris says:

I wasn’t sure it was going to happen, but the Oilers hit the Olympic break one goal below 200 GAs.

51. TeeVee says:

Corsi gods shine on Marincin again tonight – 50%

52. Andy P says:

OilClog: Whoa whoa whoa Mind blownKaaaaatuschhhhhhh (that’s my mind blown sound)Maybe he’s a pylon that’s been painted with a sand mix. One gritty, stable, constant, MF’N pylon! And he has a nice paint job in copper and blue. Baam

For a bit more context read the earlier posts pointing out his pylon like behaviour and then Derek’s comment at 7:33pm quoting Jon Willis. In the circumstances, I was being complimentary :)

53. geeker99 says:

Please lord let Hemsky have an all star olympic tournament. So done watching him under preform as an Oiler. Value up at deadline!!!!!!

54. Pouzar says:

4th Period reporting:

“Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, Assistant GM Ron Hextall, Head of Pro Scouting Dave Brown and Pro Scout Al Hill attended Friday night’s Oilers game against the Devils, prompting speculation that serious trade talks between the two clubs are ongoing. “

spoiler: So the US team, trying to send a message to another US team, went with an Ottawa radio guy?

That said, 4th liner Clifford’s name being involved and the hints at salary retention seem to indicate LA initiating the leak.

A NHL feeds a guy who is connected some info to get it out there.

Hit twitter like a storm and Bob MacKenzie picked it up and commented on it right away.

TSN, Sportsnet and ESPN guys all over it right away.

Its not like there’s an information envelope around Canada.

56. The Great One says:

Pouzar:
    4th Period reporting:

“Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, Assistant GM Ron Hextall, Head of Pro Scouting Dave Brown and Pro Scout Al Hill attended Friday night’s Oilers game against the Devils, prompting speculation that serious trade talks between the two clubs are ongoing. ”

Hemsky.

Book it.

spoiler,

And taking the opposing side, that the Ottawa connection lends credence to the argument pro LA being the source, because Internet, well I’d say the burden of proof lies with you, because that is sooo LOL weak.,

AJ Jacubec has personal relationships with people in the LAK organization

Has nothing to do with him being in Ottawa and everything to do with relationships.

The Great One: Hemsky.

Book it.

I think MacT is trying to pull of a big mulit-player trade with PHI.

GM and Assistant GM at a game don’t scout an impending FA.

Lowe and MacT have scouted PHI together more than once this year.

If something happens with PHI, its multi-player.

*prays for Couturier*

59. The Great One says:

Woodguy:
    spoiler,

AJ Jacubec has personal relationships with people in the LAK organization

That is always the case.

Media guys always call guys that they know.

Location is irrelevant.

wheatnoil:
    I don’t know what Eakins did to Yakupov but I really like this version.

According to Godot Eakins wrecked him.

61. The Great One says:

Woodguy: I think MacT is trying to pull of a big mulit-player trade with PHI.

GM and Assistant GM at a game don’t scout an impending FA.

Lowe and MacT have scouted PHI together more than once this year.

If something happens with PHI, its multi-player.

*prays for Couturier*

Agree completely.

Holmgren is never afraid of shaking things up.

Predictions?

The Great One: Agree completely.

Holmgren is never afraid of shaking things up.

Predictions?

I don’t have a clue.

I know Holmgren is looking for D.

Marincin? Petry?

63. The Great One says:

Ryan Johansen is going supernova.

24th goal.

64. Surly says:

7-13-2 in our final 22 games gets us 16 more points, 63 total, which eclipses the 62 we had in those horrible two seasons that led to drafting RNH and Hall. A rather pathetic moral victory but what the heck. Would be nice to enter the offseason with as much positive momentum as possible.

65. Marcus Oilerius says:

The Great One:
    Ryan Johansen is going supernova.

24th goal.

If he was in Edmonton and took until his 4th year to break out, he’d be booed out of town.

If his name was Ruslan Johanov, he’d have been labeled a bust and a slacker already.

66. Henry says:

Just caught up with the game on PVR…and am worried that it may be safe to like the Edmonton Oilers again!

Taylor Hall played like a Gord damn fucking Olympian. If you get left off the stage at 21 you can play sulky or with a chip on your shoulder and a bulge in your pants. He was great tonight.

Marincin was terrific throughout and deserved better than what he got at the end. Two referees can go back to their hotel thinking ‘It was just the Oilers’ or ‘A bunch of guys played their hearts out and we screwed them’. My five year old boy called holding on that play. He called it cheating.

The Devils looked like a bunch of professionals but pretty slow as a team.

67. Hammers says:

Woodguy: I don’t have a clue.

I know Holmgren is looking for D.

Marincin? Petry?

A 3 (oilers) for 2 (Flyers ) .

68. RexLibris says:

Woodguy: I think MacT is trying to pull of a big mulit-player trade with PHI.

GM and Assistant GM at a game don’t scout an impending FA.

Lowe and MacT have scouted PHI together more than once this year.

If something happens with PHI, its multi-player.

*prays for Couturier*

69. RexLibris says:

Hammers: A 3 (oilers) for 2 (Flyers ).

Bryzgalov going the other way?

;)

70. book¡je says:

Woodguy:
    spoiler,

AJ Jacubec has personal relationships with people in the LAK organization

In fact his distance from LA is a benefit if you want it to seem just ‘out there’ and not ‘from there’.

The Fourth Period speculates on PHI/EDM trade.

Mentions Coburn, Couturier (yay!) and Schenn (ugh)

72. OilClog says:

After tonight I’d say it’s

Eberle, Gagner, Klef, 1st

Coburn, Couturier, Simmons?

I don’t know what fair or reasonable anymore.

RexLibris: Let me know what you are doing in prayer so I can imitate. Perhaps through orthopraxy we can influence the Gords in our favour.

If you pray to your own household gords we can get more of them involved.

I am praying to two.

One that drives Ed Snider to want a Cup at any cost.

The other that whispers in Holmgren’s ear.

Probably need to find one for Hextall.

He’s probably has the “are you sure you want to do that?” role.

74. geeker99 says:

How many games do we go between sample to player. I like him in interviews, I mean whats not to like. been happy with bryz too. If I were mac I wouldn’t wait too long to see where Ben’s head is at. Wouldn’t mind seeing another 10 games and make sure he isn’t riding the lightning. goaltending not a prob right now. weird?

75. RexLibris says:

Woodguy:
    The Fourth Period speculates on PHI/EDM trade.

Mentions Coburn, Couturier (yay!) and Schenn (ugh)

The irrational, objectively-impaired fan in me reads this and unconciously omits “Eberle” from the article thus perceiving it as Hemsky, Gagner and Smyth for Couturier, Simmonds, and Coburn.

Before reason rears its sober head I shall retire for the evening and float away on dreams of a balanced roster delivered as though by magic.

76. RexLibris says:

justDOit:

#nowords

That man helped build the St. Louis Blues we see today.

Life is absurd.

77. admiralmark says:

Bikini Model Tweeted: Gagner update Kings wanted Oilers to take almost half of his salary back for Clifford and Martiniz and also wanted Pitlick Mr.Katz said no. Katz would take part of salary if Kings included Muzzin. Leafs and Hawks have also expressed interest in Gagner

Not sure how tapped in she/he is. But I will say this at least sounds like a plausible negotiation.

78. RexLibris says:

Woodguy: If you pray to your own household gords we can get more of them involved.

I am praying to two.

One that drives Ed Snider to want a Cup at any cost.

The other that whispers in Holmgren’s ear.

Probably need to find one for Hextall.

He’s probably has the “are you sure you want to do that?” role.

Being a student of history, especially the Classical Greco-Roman traditions, I have no shortage of deities upon which to draw. Heck, if we throw Janus in its almost like two gods for the price of one!

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some offerings to burn and libations to pour.

79. RexLibris says:

admiralmark:

The Hawks actually makes some sense as I recall during their rookies year Kane and Gagner joked about one leaving to join the other. Not sure if that friendship is still active, but it is an angle I hadn’t thought of.

80. justDOit says:

So sad if Katzman is actually making decisions on trades.

81. stevezie says:

I am praying to two.

One that drives Ed Snider to want a Cup at any cost.

The other that whispers in Holmgren’s ear.

I’ve long privately suspected that the best way t make this happen isn’t MacT phoning Holmgren, it’s Katz phoning Schnider.

Is there an owner more personally involved? Is there an owner more susceptible to passions?

I have enough enthusiasm for what is currently in the D pipe to move the first if it completely fixes our forward situation. Couturier and Simmons is probably completely unrealistic, but it addresses every complaint. Add Gagner and retain as much salary as it takes.

Don’t phone Holmgren, phone Schnider.

82. 719 says:

stevezie: My wildest hope if for Couturier and Simmons, as this fixes our forwards completely.

Don’t phone Holmgren, phone Schnider.

I could see the Flyers moving Courturier OR Simmonds, moving both though? What could the Oil offer to help Philly make the playoffs and move two of their top young stars? Crazier things have happened in Philly when they moved Carter and Richards, but look at the return they got, 2 gritty wingers who put up points, a great young centre and a 1st round pick.

My guess is the Oilers get Courturier or Simmonds and take on a salary like Mezaros. What goes back the other way? Eberle or Yakupov and a defenceman, either a good prospect or roster.

83. Moose says:

admiralmark,

I’m calling 100% B.S….The problem is, that scenario presumes that MacT liked that deal and took it to Katz for approval. Because why else would Katz’s opinion come into play?

84. 719 says:

One would think the leak in the “Gagner to LA” rumor has to be LA. This was a tactic they used in acquiring Gretzky if I recall correctly. Leaking stories about Gretzky being shopped (years before he was traded). This soured Gretzky’s relationship with the Oilers, and he eventually was expecting to and wanted to be traded, naturally to L.A.

Not the same level of importance, but an interesting tactic they are pulling from the past. When Gagner sees the names that are in the rumors, he may think the Oilers do not think very highly of him.

Eakins specifically told Gagner that he was playing in NYR and NJ. I doubt if the rumors had even slightest merit, he would have told Gagner that.

85. Marc says:

Just finished watching the game on Gamecenter.

I’ve been watching hockey since the ’80s and I have say that over that time no opposing player has been more consistently petrifying than Jagr. When he’s on the ice I always feel like we’re seconds away from being scored on.

My abiding memory of the 1998 Olympic semi-final was always coming close to wetting myself in terror every time he touched the puck.

I honestly can’t think of any other player who has ever made me feel like this.

86. flyfish1168 says:

All these rumours about Gagner for this player and that player and by the way lets throw in Eberle too. The way the second line has played I would rather keep both our players. Don’t forget these other players are rumoured out of there respective city because they see warts in their games by there fans.

87. danny says:

Marc:
    Just finished watching the game on Gamecenter.

I’ve been watching hockey since the ’80s and I have say that over that time no opposing player has been more consistently petrifying than Jagr.When he’s on the ice I always feel like we’re seconds away from being scored on.

I honestly can’t think of any other player who has ever made me feel like this.

Forsberg wearing a swedish jersey was absolute terror on ice. Avs jersey too.

88. leadfarmer says:

justDOit,

After having to play multiple players to not play for the Oilers whether from buyout or burying in the minors, I’m not surprised that he doesn’t want to pay for a player to play for another team.

Is it just me but I see this team not playing very well the last two games against mediocre opposition. The chances they give up are far superior than the chances they create.

89. sliderule says:

If the oilers trade with Phi it will probably be Hemsky and Yak going the other way .

If Mact moves Petry or Marty we are totally screwed forever.

They are showcasing Yak the last two games and I think we better get used to idea of him being moved.

sliderule:

If Mact moves Petry or Martywe are totally screwed forever.

I think your point on Yakupov is a really good one.

91. steveb12344 says:

sliderule:

Either that, or they are testing Yak out with Hall to see if he can make Eberle expendable.

92. Pouzar says:

admiralmark:

Well if that was the offer MacT should tell Lombardi to stick where the sun don’t shine and I ain’t talking armpits. A 2 week rest can only help Gagner recover some more and hopefully he can have a nice final third of the season and get some other teams involved in this. According to DD other teams are already interested.

93. sliderule says:

They mentioned on one of the broadcasts that Larionov was in attendance.

That may mean nothing but with all Philly brass there and Yaks agent it started my conspiracy thinking.

94. Pouzar says:

Absolutely foolhardy to be moving either Eberle or Yak unless another team comes to MacT with an offer he can’t refuse. We have to win either of those trades hands down to the point it improves the team 10-12 places in the standings(i.e. Stud d-man). Trading offensive talent so we come become “grittier” or “tougher” to appease the knuckleheads out there will set us back another couple years.

Lowetide: I think your point on Yakupov is a really good one.

I don’t want to move Yak anywhere ever.

His play the last few games is just a glimpse on how he is going to dominate games for the next 10 years.

That being said, Couturier and Simmonds (who has a very friendly $3.9MM/yr contract for the next 5 years) would be very, very tempting.

96. Henry says:

Woodguy,

Simmonds has a modified NTC. Does anyone know the terms. These things tend exclude the Oilers.

Woodguy: I don’t want to move Yak anywhere ever.

The right play here is to deal Eberle. The Flyers are no dummines, unless it’s goaltenders.

98. spoiler says:

Woodguy: AJ Jacubec has personal relationships with people in the LAK organization

That’s the information that was missing from the original post… thank you. Makes a lot more sense than because Internet.

« Older Comments