It looks like the deadline is going to be about re-stocking the shelves for the 2014 entry draft. Edmonton has their own first, and then no picks until #116 (San Jose’s fourth) and that’s going to be an area to address.
MACT’S WORDS TODAY
- “It’s a tough market to predict at this point, but we’ll be having those discussions.”
- “I’d be disappointed if we weren’t able to get our second- or third-rounder back.”
- “And potentially more than that. If we’re sitting at the draft with our first pick and then we’re not picking again until the fourth round, that’d be disappointing.”
- “That’s exactly what we’re going to try and do – get those picks back.”
There was some verbal earlier (and I felt it was possible) that the Oilers would be looking for live players. However, teams don’t want to move them now because they’re trying. to. win. the. game. So, picks it is.
WHAT’S THE FREQUENCY, KENNETH?
- Ales Hemsky: First-round draft pick (or a second and a fourth).
- Nick Schultz: A third round pick.
- Ryan Smyth: A fourth round pick.
- Corey Potter: A fourth round pick.
- Anton Belov: A fourth round pick.
- Ilya Bryzgalov: A fourth round pick.
- Jesse Joensuu: A fourth round pick.
- Taylor Fedun: A fourth round pick.
- Mark Fraser: A fourth round pick.
- Luke Gazdic: A fifth round pick.
- Ryan Jones: A sixth round pick.
- Denis Grebeshkov: A seventh round pick.
- Ben Eager: A seventh round pick.
That’s my estimate, you’re welcome to add/delete/disagree. I think all defensemen can fetch a fourth unless you’re motor functions are in question.
I predict the Oilers draft this summer in the first four rounds this summer: #4, #43, #84, #103 and #116.