2014 ENTRY DRAFT: 31-60

I’ve decided to post the second round, but want to caution there’s likely much change ahead in this area. I expect a few players to jump into the first round, and a few will slide out as well. Thanks to OHL Prospects, Elite Prospects and the Hockey Writers for their exceptional work, they are outstanding sources for any draft fanatic.

I think I’ve got the CHL covered, am a little unsure of the Swedes, and I don’t know what’s going on with the papayas.

• #31 C Vladislav Kamenev—Impressive skill player with size, lit U-18′s on fire.
  • #32 L Michael Bunting—This is a very nice player, I like him a lot. Skilled, fast, room to grow.
  • #33 D Roland McKeown—Big, mobile defender with a terrific shot. A lot to like.
  • #34 D Josh Jacobs—Smooth two-way defenseman with size.
  • #35 D Jacob Middleton—A nice range of skills, tough season but lots of potential.
  • #36 C Nicolas Aube-Kubel—Two-way center, he’s aggressive and is a good skater.
  • #37 C Chase De Leo—Small, fast, makes things happen. Famous because Portland Winterhawks.
  • #38 D Anthony DeAngelo—Phenomenal skater, outstanding offense. A rover, major defensive issues.
  • #39 C John QuennevilleSkill player blossomed in the postseason. Impressive finish.
  • #40 L Brett Pollock—Skill winger can cash, didn’t help his case in playoffs.
  • #41 D Brycen Martin—Big defender skates well and moves the puck smartly. A safe pick.
  • #42 C Eric Cornell—A quality playmaker, he also has size. A trending player.
  • #43 D Jack Glover—Mobile two-way defender with size and passing ability.
  • #44 L Brendan Lemieux—A chippy bugger, he’ll play as high on the depth chart as his skill allows.
  • #45 L Vladimir Tkachyov—Small, skilled Russian with a ridiculous Q run.
  • #46 C Alexandre Goulet—Impressive offense at even strength.
  • #47 G Alex Nedeljkovic—Had a .925 SP in the OHL this season. Solid resume.
  • #48 D Dysin Mayo—A mobile, creative defenseman who can make plays.
  • #49 R Anton Karlsson—Big, strong forward with speed and skill. Enigma. 1st rder on talent alone.
  • #50 L Ryan MacInnis—Lanky winger isn’t strong or fast, but he has talent.
  • #51 R Vaclav Karabacek—Gritty two-way winger with skill.
  • #52 C Ryan Donato—Ted’s boy, intelligent skill F. Luedeke likes him.
  • #53 D Travis Sanheim—Big defender with nice skills. Good passer, nothing special but reliable.
  • #54 C Daniel Audette—Undersized skill player who will find a way. Underrated.
  • #55 D Marcus Pettersson—Tall, rail thin blueliner shows two-way ability. Needs a burger.
  • #56 C Jayce Hawryluk—Gritty skill forward delivered solid offense. Trending.
  • #57 R Ondrej Kase—Speedy winger with all kinds of skill.
  • #58 C Nick Magyar—Big forward with across the board skills, a little shy offensively.
  • #59 C Brayden Point—Outstanding playmaker, gritty undersized F. NHLE: 82, 12-19-31 on fast gun.
  • #60 D Alexis Vanier—Big, strong defender with skating issues. Mammoth shot.

mckenzie tweet response what the hell he responded!.

A question from the previous thread about ‘range of skills’ suggests I should go over that again. This list (and the original 30) are basically my way of getting familiar with all of the top prospects (well, not really, the top 100 is about all my brain can carry). These lists are like having someone over for coffee, getting to know them a little better. Some of you know these names better, and may wonder why I have Goulet ahead of Vanier (as a for instance). I’d say that give it time, I’ll get to know these guys and the final list will reflect that learning process.

I do prefer guys with a range of skills. If a center has size, speed, skill and a reputation similar to the Nuge, well I love that guy. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has such a range of skills it’s incredible, he’s my ideal player although there’s room to grow. When I hear Stu MacGregor talk about Michael Dal Colle as possibly playing center as an NHLer (as he did with Jason Gregor at 2:30 today on TSN 1260), that’s a factor.

Take Nick Ritchie as an example. He’s being touted as a guy who can score goals, plus he’s a mountain. I run his NHLE and get 16-14-30, and now my brain is at Ethan Moreau. Can’t help it, that’s where it is. I’m instantly wondering if this guy can check, or is slow, because his shot may cut through steel in junior but that doesn’t mean doodley squat in the NHL.

So, I say to myself, Ritchie scored 39 goals in 61 on a team that scored 230 in a league that averaged 242 goals per team (and 3.55 per game). How does this compare to Moreau? Ethan scored 44 goals in 59 games on a team that scored 277 in a league that averaged 299 goals per team (and 4.36 per game). And I feel a little better about Ritchie. But it takes time to mull all of this, and it certainly takes time to do it 30 times.

At this point, I’m pretty comfortable that the top four players are Bennett, Reinhard, Ekblad, Draisaitl. McKenzie’s got me wondering about Dal Colle, and that’s fun. I imagine if we had access to all 30 NHL teams draft list, we’d find the 5-10 group (compiled) contains 10 names or more. Dal Colle, Nylander, Ritchie, Ehlers, Kapanen, Fabbri, Virtanen, Fleury, Perlini, Fiala, maybe more. Anyway, that’s what I’m doing this month.

Have done for years, even before this blog. I don’t do it because I have to, I do it because I dig it. Completely. I know. Nerd. Don’t care. The really crazy thing is my wife hasn’t left me. Anyway, that’s the end of the draft coverage for a few days, thanks for reading.

56 Responses to "2014 ENTRY DRAFT: 31-60"

1. speeds says:

What does it mean that Quenneville is the only player bolded?

speeds:
    What does it mean that Quenneville is the only player bolded?

They’re all bolded, or supposed to be. He was the last change I made though, interesting.

3. gr8one says:

I’m curious to see if we stay with mother Russia this draft or if that was just a one time anomaly, or even that Yak’s perceived(some just, some not) issues this year changes that too…

gr8one:

too late to stop now. Yak City on the roster, Yak 2.0 signed and on the way. They won’t get Kamenev or Tkachyov without adding a pick in the top 75 though.

5. Andy P says:

There seems to be a consensus on this board that we are stacked with D prospects and really thin on center.
    If we take Ekblad, then we will either:
    1) Trade for a competitive #2C
    2) Overpay a UFA #2C
    3) Go into next season with Nuge, Gags, Gordon, Arco, Lander, Acton etc.

Is Ekblad so much better than Petry, Marincin, Klefbom, Nurse, Simpson etc to warrant trading away the best of the rest, and going out on a limb to pick up a competent 2C?

It seems to me that surely, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, our defensive depth is coming along nicely and surely we are better served with one of the top 3 C’s in the draft, rather than another D?

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking………..

6. Racki says:

Michael Dal Colle is helping throw this draft for a bit of a loop. While he’s top-5, I can’t but help but think “sleeper”. Like… the one that you wish your team drafted.

I can’t help but wonder if the Oilers should just swap picks with the Isles, improve their current roster in the process, and let fate work it out with the draft. However, the “experts” have all been juggling Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett around the top 3, which tells me these are the guys you want most.

Grr. God, trade this pick in a package for Weber already so I can stop worrying about what happens to it. :P

Andy P:
    If we take Ekblad, then we will either:
    1) Trade for a competitive #2C
    2) Overpay a UFA #2C
    3) Go into next season with Nuge, Gags, Gordon, Arco, Lander, Acton etc.

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking………..

Take Ekblad if he’s the BPA, and trade a defender/winger for center. I think the Oilers would love to own #3 and #5 though.

8. Andy P says:

Lowetide: You take BPA when you’re picking third, and then worry. The Oilers are gathering C’s, Yakimov, Khaira will join Ewanyk this fall and of course RNH is already here.

Thanks LT.

9. Yak2 says:

I want to Oilers to grab Josh Jacobs. Right handed D shot. Exactly what we need.

10. Yak2 says:

I’d trade Gagner and something else for Bailey and the 5th pick, then trade something and the 5th pick to FLA for the 1st pick

11. Racki says:

It’s too bad they couldn’t get Ekblad at 3 then Draisaitl at 5. If for some reason it went: Bennett, Reinhart, Ekblad, Dal Colle… then throw the moon at the NYI for that #5.

If MacT left the draft with both Ekblad and Draisaitl? I’d just go into hibernation for 3 years and wake up to good times!

12. Racki says:

Yak2:

Only problem is that “something” going to florida would have to be pretty amazing. Somewhere down the line the #3 pick would have to go, I’d have to think.

The Oilers only need a list of three. There is (strongly appears to be) a consensus list for the top three.

Bennett, Reinhart, and Ekblad.

Anybody else is reaching. Draisaitl will be a reach pick. The blogosphere should not cover up for MacT drafting for wrongly perceived need over the BPA.

godot10:
    The Oilers only need a list of three.There is (strongly appears to be) a consensus list for the top three.

Bennett, Reinhart, and Ekblad.

Anybody else is reaching.Draisaitl will be a reach pick.The blogosphere should not cover up for MacT drafting for wrongly perceived need over the BPA.

15. Rondo says:

LT,

Interesting question asked in comments at OHL prospects.

I read somewhere that Robby Fabbri takes big hit most games in the OHL and he may have trouble bringing his game to the NHL. Does Sam Bennett take big hit most games? or his he more elusive and stronger

Blogger Brock Otten said…
    I don’t think Fabbri will have trouble bringing his game to the NHL. I’m not worried about his lack of size. He does definitely get hit a lot though (the person who stated that isn’t incorrect). He needs to get stronger, but that will happen. He also needs to learn to lay off the gas pedal at times (I know that sounds weird to say, but it’s true). He puts himself in vulnerable positions because he’s so desperate to make plays. But that’s part of what makes him such a good prospect. He takes a lickin’ but keeps on tickin’. He’ll take a big hit, but he’ll be out there the next shift making the same play and getting his nose dirty again. It doesn’t alter his game. About as far away of a perimeter player as you can get.

Bennett is definitely better at avoiding big hits than Fabbri is. He picks his spots a bit better on the forecheck. He’s also more inclined to initiate physically, which can lead to him gaining the upper hand and keeping it, where as Fabbri can be more of a “you bump me, I bump you back” kind of player.

Lowetide: Man, I know that’s out there but can’t agree. Dal Colle is in there too. I can see a team like Calgary taking Nylander. The draft has become a season of making statements with authority. I miss the days when we were a little more humble about what we know.

Here the consensus top grouping is likely to be three.

All of a sudden size becomes an acceptable excuse for not taking the consensus BPA.

godot10: I said nothing different than was said about Yakupov in the blogosphere before the draft (because there was a concensus top grouping of one).

Here the consensus top grouping is likely to be three.

Nylander too, and Dal Colle.

In regard to Yakupov, it’s interesting what we remember

Bob McKenzie:

But of the eight scouts who ranked Yakupov No. 1, most of them said the gap between Yakupov and the rest of the field — it was generally considered in the first half of the season to be fairly wide — has closed significantly since Yakupov first suffered a knee injury at the World Junior Championship and later sustained a mild shoulder separation and was only average to below average when he returned, especially in Sarnia’s first-round playoff loss.

18. dawgtoy says:

godot10,

I have to agree with you. Bob Mac said the very same thing this morning on 1260. Some teams may have a different order, but the names seem to be the same one through three. To me it seems simply. Take the one that’s left. That will be one of Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad. The only problem will be the need to screw it all up for size. Where have we seem that before?

19. Racki says:

If the gap between the Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett and Draisaitl isn’t that big, then it definitely makes sense to go with a bit of need. I don’t know if it is though (I honestly don’t), and the fact that Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett have always been the consensus top 3 on most of the major lists makes it sound like there is a bit of gap there, but I don’t know.

Racki:

21. dawgtoy says:

All LA so far. Wow.

I’m shocked. Seriously. ‘Hawks were up in game two!!! Lordy.

23. RexLibris says:

I would love to see the Flames take Nylander at #4. It throws the perceived order of things for a loop and means that Garth Snow gets a lot of calls about that #5 pick all of sudden.

And history has shown that when a decision needs to be made, Garth Snow finds a way to screw it up.

Shall we start the process of spitballing trade offers to the Islanders for the 5th overall?

24. RexLibris says:

I’m shocked. Seriously. ‘Hawks were up in game two!!! Lordy.

Surprising, really.

I think Bowman (Stan, that is) needs to shake things up on the roster. Maybe he should re-unite Gagner with his old buddy Kane? ;)

RexLibris:

Gagner, Yak and Bunz……for……

26. Racki says:

Gagner Yak and Bunz sounds like something you see in a “Roll up the rim to win” winner

27. RexLibris says:

Love the TSN panel dress code tonight.

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbK0mE06FY

28. RexLibris says:

Lowetide: Gagner, Yak and Bunz……for……

Lunch?

“I’ll have roast Yak on whole wheat Bunz with a side Gagner salad. And a Coke Zero.”

29. justDOit says:

Josh Jacobs. I don’t watch much junior hockey, but I tune in from time to time. I can’t even remember who he plays for, but I remember being impressed by his play. Calm, and controlling, IIRC.

These 2nd rounders (list your cherry-picked 2nd round impact players here…) are the most interesting to me, because the difference between 10th and 32nd is very fine, and this is where the great scouts (and lucky ones), really shine. Okay – you development guys too!

My draft ’14 wish: Gagner + for another high first round pick, and one more trade to bring a 2nd back.

30. НИНТЕНДО⁶⁴ says:

Whoever touted kulda for round 2 was probably exaggerating, but I can see him being gone before the oilers 2nd pick.

A big late jump by an older undrafted player is unusual but there there is more than a small sample size saying the Latvian unpacked something when he finished learning from real competition.

@SunBrianSwane: Amazing stat No. 1 – Since the New Year, Edgars Kulda has 34 goals, first among all #OilKings
    10:54pm – 25 May 14

31. RexLibris says:

Tough trade to manage, though.

‘Hawks would need to clear cap space and would want to avoid bringing on too much with both Kane and Toews UFA at the end of next season.

Kruger, Shaw and Bollig or perhaps Leddy might work.

The closest thing they have to an inflated contract is Hossa by way of term, not dollars, so there’s no albatross to take from them.

Trotz to Washington. I wonder how the Ovechkin thing plays out now. I suspect he’ll love Backstrom though. Perhaps not so much Mike Green.

32. RexLibris says:

НИНТЕНДО⁶⁴,

I think Kulda may go as early as the late 2nd round, but probably closer to the third.

Watch the Flames take him and break my heart. I love the kid, but I don’t think I could cheer for my grandfather if he were in a Flames jersey.

34. gmac2412 says:

Anyone else think that given the draft is in Philly this year and Hextall will want to make a splash, that there is potentially a deal in place with them involving the 3rd overall pick?

35. Rondo says:

John Fischer has an article on Kulda

Rondo: John Fischer has an article on Kulda

Yep, seems about right.

37. BrazilianOil says:

gmac2412,

I expect Ekblad falls to 3# and trade him for Couturier on the draft floor.

BrazilianOil:
    gmac2412,

I expect Ekblad falls to 3# and trade him for Couturier on the draft floor.

Why wouldn’t they just trade up to No. 1. Bigger splash

39. Wolfie says:

Anyone think there might be a fit with Phoenix? I was slumming on Hockeybuzz and the Phoenix blogger was talking about offering up Gormley/ Hanzal for a shot at one of the top centres in the draft.

Does the 3rd on it’s own fetch you that return? Is giving up a potential franchise player worth filling at least one hole immediately with Hanzal and adding to your D prospect cupboard?

40. BrazilianOil says:

I don t think florida trades the 1# just for Couturier and also think Ekblad, who seems to be the flyers target,falls to 3#.

41. spoiler says:

Lowetide: Why wouldn’t they just trade up to No. 1. Bigger splash

Would either Florida or Buffalo be willing to trade 1st or 2nd overall for an 8th overall? Would they be getting more talent?

Florida might be willing to advance their development with a trade, but they don’t really need centers. Edmonton can sacrifice talent for development and will be more willing to make a deal. No?

42. spoiler says:

Lowetide: Suspect Kulda goes fourth round. UNLESS Oilers trade up for him. Teams may not have him ranked.

If he’s still there in the 5th, I could be convinced to spend a lottery ticket on him.

43. bsmart says:

I would definitely take a flyer on Kulda, guys got some mad skill. I approve this selection ;)

44. bsmart says:

Lowetide: I’ve never mentioned size in regard to Draisaitl, because for me that’s a terrible reason to take a player of lesser quality. My argument is: the gap between these four is so small that taking Draisaitl would not be a reach. Imo.

Nylander too, and Dal Colle.

In regard to Yakupov, it’s interesting what we remember

Bob McKenzie:

No way I would take dal colle at 3. I stick to the fab 4 and I would be happy with any of those players!

45. НИНТЕНДО⁶⁴ says:

Lowetide: Yep, seems about right.

Long article with the expected caveats on why a good playoff run is not going to jump a low graded undrafted player into the high rounds.

He wants to hear what those closer have seen. Well for a start he outscored his elite linemates not just for the playoffs but since new years day. Latvian hockey being what it is and the oil kings roster being what it is a run of that length a year and a half “late” is very worth digging into. Before this carried 4 months to MVP he was probably on enough boards to get taken somewhere. Now every head scout is asking the same questions and enough may be bullish when they dig that he could go in 3 or 4 rather than 6 or 7. Odds of an NHL player are low enough beyond 2 that a convincing upside gets attention. If flames can pick a CDN both schooler higher…

46. Hammers says:

Lowetide: the offensive gap is so close I’m not sure we can really pick anyone with authority. http://oilersnation.com/2014/4/15/clear-as-mudBennett is shy on the power play, but they’re all close offensively. I chose Bennett because he could keep up at evens, and his two-way reputation (which I love). So I have Bennett No. 1, but if Draisaitl isn’t slow (and no one has shown he is), then I think it’s reasonable that he be considered for No. 3 overall.

The problem I have is that my understanding is that the OHL is typically ranked higher than the west and therefor biais to the OHL may be made thereby putting Ekblad & Bennet the top 2 .If as you say Stu spends plenty of time in the west we have to trust in our scouts if they pick Reinhart or Draisiatl . This penchant for the OHL & Q first may have slanted many drafts both in the past and present .

47. Hammers says:

Would the oilers trade with Snow for #5 . Maybe they will want to at least be in the top 20 due to 1st in 2015 to Buffalo. So present players like Gags would have a higher value plus a Musil ???

Hammers: The problem I have is that my understanding is that the OHL is typically ranked higher than the west and therefor biais to the OHL may be made thereby putting Ekblad & Bennetthe top 2 .If as you say Stu spends plenty of time in the westwe have to trust in our scouts if they pick Reinhart or Draisiatl. This penchant for the OHL & Q first may have slanted many drafts both in the past and present .

49. Romulus Apotheosis says:

Andy P:
    If we take Ekblad, then we will either:
    1) Trade for a competitive #2C
    2) Overpay a UFA #2C
    3) Go into next season with Nuge, Gags, Gordon, Arco, Lander, Acton etc.

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking………..

Just a thought.

The D corps is packed, but almost exclusively with LHD. Fedun may be the only RDH in the system (though we here Simpson and Musil can play RHD).

Part of the fantasy about Ekblad is that he’s a RDH we can slot in with Nurse in 5 years.

50. Deadman Waiting says:

Via Staples at Cult:

There’s a certain way we want to play there and it was right across the board, not only for Nail but for Taylor (Hall) and Jordan (Eberle) and Andrew Ference, Ryan Smyth. We were trying to have our team all play the same way. And it’s important for the accountability in the room.

This is what I think I would like to believe MacT was seeing in the last thirty games. Not an increase in results as measured by any statistic (long bus or short bus) but a continuity of level achieved with greater uniformity of methods.

When every player has a different grip on the potato peeler, and then a truck load of odd-shaped potatoes comes along, the players can’t do much in offering each other pointed advice: quit bitching about the lumps, and get it done!

Yeah, maybe it works for you, but with the way I hold the potato peeler, it doesn’t work for me … but give me another twenty games and I’ll probably figure it out.

When every player holds the potato peeler with a different grip, you gain advantage in the first period when the other team is boggled by all this minor variation, but by the third period the other team has found your exposed jugular (there’s not enough uniformity and coordination within the group to fully protect it), by which point your tie-dye differentiation isn’t worth much.

There are many adjustments when working with systems where the primary indicators (and most of the secondary indicators) go sideways or even backward before the virtuous cycle of the new regime is fully established.

The optimal time to run a potato peeler reform school is post-fiasco, during a long stretch on the apron where the outcomes hardly matter.

Take a middle leaguer with a good eye who is having trouble crushing heaters down the pipe into fair play. Dude, you need to change your stance at the plate!

He’ll probably start to swing at a lot more junk, because he seeing the pitch differently than before. Different is not good, not for a long while, until long after it becomes the new normal.

This poor chap has now regressed. He strikes out 30% more often than he used to.

But then one day an opposing pitcher blasts a heater with salsa right where he least wanted to put it, and your guy crushes the pitch down the third base line.

Did you just see that kid come around? Yeah, baby, yeah! But if you weren’t there, blink and you missed it.

Getting his old eye back remains a work in progress. All his statistics scream failure. He does seem to knock more grounders past the pant-less shortstop though. Nah, doesn’t count. Small sample size.

51. frjohnk says:

Romulus Apotheosis: Just a thought.

5 years? You meant 5 months right? This is the oilers, you know :)

52. wintoon says:

If MacT is wanting to make a bold move around this draft he might want to consider offering the NYIs and Snow Gagner plus the Oilers 2015 first rounder for the 5th overall in the 2014 draft. This would give him some immediate return with Gagner and replace their first with a relatively high first from the Oilers. The Oilers would then have an opportunity to acquire two of Ekblad, Dal Colle and ahighly rated Centre prospect.(Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl)

From my perspective this would address both major holes in the line up over the next 1-2 years and both players would fit nicely with the age grouping of our top players. A move such as this would also make huge strides towards balancing the line up. This would leave MacT with the chore of acquiring solid support players through Free Agency and via trades this summer.

53. Darkrainz says:

For me I’d do the following, but it is a pipe dream of sorts:

To Florida – Gagner, Lander and Edmonton’s 1st draft pick in 2015.
    To Edmonton – Kulikov, Florida’s 1st and 3rd draft pick in 2014.

I’d then draft both Bennett and Draisaitl. The reason I’d do this is that the 2015 sweepstakes for McDavid is overboard as Edmonton can’t wait another year for a prospect because Hall, Eberle and Hopkins would have lost about 2-3 years of contract before he is ready for NHL. With both Bennett and Draisaitl you get 2 centremen this year that could start being groomed in the AHL next year.

Then I’d go out and capture Stastny (C) and Stralman (D) in the UFA market this summer.

This would give Edmonton 2 good lines next year.

Hall – Hopkins – Eberle

Moroz – Bennett – Kessy
    Khaira – Draisaitl – Yakimov

Klefbom – Oesterle
    Nurse – Gernat

54. frjohnk says:

wintoon:

Cleveland Cavaliers won this years basketball lottery with a 1.7% chance. I don’t think the oilers will finish at the bottom next year, but they most likely wont be in the playoffs, (I’m guessing 20th overall) so they will be in the running for the first pick. With two potential franchise players in next years draft, I wouldn’t do that trade.

If we are trading this years or next years first pick, I would hope it is for an established player, not someone we have to wait 3-4 years for to become an impact player.

55. Hammers says:

Lowetide: The Oilers have done very well in the OHL, and Roy was the first pick of any note from the Q under the MacGregor admin. If they’re drafting out of the Ontario league, well, that’s good, no?

I was reffering to the fact most of the so called EXPERTS are from the east and I’m not sure an equal analysis is given to western players ??? EBERLE

56. Ca$h-Money! says:

Darkrainz:
    For me I’d do the following, but it is a pipe dream of sorts:

To Florida–Gagner, Lander and Edmonton’s 1st draft pick in 2015.
    To Edmonton–Kulikov, Florida’s 1st and 3rd draft pick in 2014.

I’d then draft both Bennett andDraisaitl.The reason I’d do this is that the 2015 sweepstakes for McDavid is overboard as Edmonton can’t wait another year for a prospect because Hall, Eberle and Hopkins would have lost about 2-3 years of contract before he is ready for NHL.With both Bennett and Draisaitl you get 2 centremen this year that could start being groomed in the AHL next year.

This would give Edmonton 2 good lines next year.

Hall–Hopkins– Eberle
    Perron–Stastny–Yakupov
    Pitlick–Arcobello–Pinizzotto
    Gazdic–Gordon–Hendricks

Petry–Kulikov
    Schultz–Stralman
    Ference–Marincin

Scrivens– Fasth

In minors it would give you

Moroz–Bennett–Kessy
    Khaira–Draisaitl–Yakimov

Klefbom–Oesterle
    Nurse–Gernat

Bennett, Draisaitl, and Nurse can’t play in the AHL next year. They aren’t eligible based on age.