I’ve been wondering about Marco Roy lately. He could sign with the team for 2014-15, but I’m not certain it’s a good idea. His injuries this season slowed him down, and I think he might be better served dominating junior for a season.
This afternoon, he was traded within the QMJHL. The Quebec Remparts seem to be similar in quality to BB (39 wins, to Blainville’s 41 this past season) and one hopes Roy can get some traction in his new town. The Remparts are also Memorial Cup hosts in 2015.
So, we can probably conclude:
- Roy will turn 20 in the QMJHL
- Not go the Pitlick/Hamilton route, which was a disaster.
The strangest thing about it? Roy is about two months older than Chase, who can’t turn pro.
- Roy evens in draft year: 65GP, 16-25-41 .631
- Roy power play in draft year: 65GP, 13-13-26 .400
- Roy evens 13-14: 39GP, 8-16-24 .615
- Roy power play 13-14: 39GP, 5-5-10 .256
I think it might be very good for him in Quebec City, especially if Roy can get some power-play time.