Will Acton and “bad smell” will forever be linked—because Acton’s coach loves him. Eakins: “One day he asked if he could sit in on the penalty-killing meeting. Before long, he was on the penalty kill. He’s like a smell that just won’t go away.”
Hockey is a very strange culture.
WILL ACTON 13-14
- 5×5 points per 60: 1.64 (5th among regular forwards)
- 5×4 points per 60: nil
- Qual Comp: 13th toughest faced among regular forwards (fourth line)
- Qual Team: 13th best available teammates among regular forwards (fourth line)
- Corsi Rel: -15.5 (14th best, second last, among regular forwards)
- Corsi for 5×5 %: 39.3
- Corsi for 5×5 % REL: -8.0
- Zone Start: 44.2% (7th toughest among regular forwards)
- Zone Finish: 43.7% (12th best among regular forwards)
- Shots on goal/percentage: 18/16.7% (1st among F’s >15 shots)
- Boxcars: 30, 3-2-5
RE 13-14 OKC REVIEW
|.340||WILL ACTON OKC RE 13-14||50||5||12||17|
|.489||WILL ACTON OKC ACTUAL 13-14||47||12||11||23|
RE 13-14 REVIEW
|.150||WILL ACTON RE 13-14||20||0||3||3|
|.167||WILL ACTON ACTUAL 13-14||30||3||2||5|
RE 14-15 PREVIEW
|.167||WILL ACTON RE 13-14||12||0||2||2|
VOLLMAN SLEDGEHAMMER (CORSI REL)
- Anything good in there? It’s all small samples, but I’m not convinced we saw enough of him to say he’s absolutely horrible. Acton scored at 5×5 pretty well. His zone starts were tough and he was heading out there with the evil dead.
- You seem to be the only one who has anything nice to say. I’m not saying he’s a player, I’m just saying the idea of this project is to be reasonable. I know a lot of people who say he got hired because of Dad, maybe that skews the view. I know others who say his advanced numbers mean he can’t play, but I would point to a very small sample size and his linemates. I’m not saying he’s an answer to a question we’re asking, just suggesting we may be ahead of the facts with our collective verbal.
- Where does he land on the center depth chart? My list goes Nuge, Gordon, Leon, Arcobello, Lander in NHL minutes for this coming season. After that, it’s probably Acton, Ewanyk, Khaira, Yakimov in OKC with Jason Williams there to protect the kids.
- Who will take his job eventually? Travis Ewanyk.
- What is he really good at? We’ve seen him for an hour.
- Is he strictly an injury callup? I think he could make the opening night lineup, but Draisaitl would need to be awful.