OILERS TRIM ROSTER

The Edmonton Oilers have trimmed their roster this afternoon. Cuts include Greg Chase (in photo by Rob Ferguson), Tyler Bunz, Ben Betker, Keven Bouchard, Frans Tuohimaa, Graeme Craig, Matt Ford, Mitch Holmberg, Marco Roy, Connor Jones, Kellen Jones, Alex Krushelnyski, Connor Boland, Jackson Houck, Kyle Platzer, Josh Winquist and CJ Ludwig. Jordan Rowley has been sent back to the Golden Bears, and the roster stands at 49. More to come.

OILERS (20 plus Gazdic)

LEFT WING (4) CENTER (5) RIGHT WING (3)
TAYLOR HALL RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS JORDAN EBERLE
BENOIT POULIOT LEON DRAISAITL DAVID PERRON
NAIL YAKUPOV
MARK ARCOBELLO TEDDY PURCELL
MATT HENDRICKS BOYD GORDON
LUKE GAZDIC (IR)
ANTON LANDER

LEFT DEFENSE (3)   RIGHT DEFENSE (3)
MARTIN MARINCIN   JEFF PETRY
NIKITA NIKITIN   MARK FAYNE
ANDREW FERENCE   JUSTIN SCHULTZ

GOAL (2)
  BEN SCRIVENS
  VIKTOR FASTH

THE UNCERTAIN OILERS (12)

LEFT WING (2) CENTER (1) RIGHT WING (4)
JESSE JOENSUU
WILL ACTON TYLER PITLICK
KEVIN WESTGARTH
IIRO PAKARINEN
    STEVE PINIZZOTTO
    ANDREW MILLER

LEFT DEFENSE (2)   RIGHT DEFENSE (2)
KEITH AULIE   OSCAR KLEFBOM
DARNELL NURSE   BRAD HUNT

GOAL (1)
  RICHARD BACHMAN

THE DISTANT BELLS

LEFT WING (8) CENTER (6) RIGHT WING (6)
RYAN HAMILTON JASON WILLIAMS MATT FORD
CURTIS HAMILTON BOGDAN YAKIMOV MITCH HOLMBERG
MITCHELL MOROZ JUJHAR KHAIRA
GREG CHASE
KALE KESSY TRAVIS EWANYK
MARCO ROY
KELLEN JONES CONNOR JONES JACKSON HOUCK
JOSH WINQUIST KYLE PLATZER
CHRIS BALTISBERGER (INVITE)
ALEX KRUSHELNYSKI (INVITE)
VLADIMIR TKACHEV (INVITE)

LEFT DEFENSE (5)   RIGHT DEFENSE (5)
MARTIN GERNAT   DAVID MUSIL
BRANDON DAVIDSON(injured)   DILLON SIMPSON
JORDAN OESTERLE   CJ LUDWIG
GRAEME CRAIG   JORDAN ROWLEY (INVITE)
BEN BETKER   CONNOR BOLAND (INVITE)
  GOAL (5)

LAURENT BROSSOIT
  TYLER BUNZ

TY RIMMER

FRANS TUOHIMAA

KEVEN BOUCHARD

27 Responses to "OILERS TRIM ROSTER"

1. supernova says:

Tonight’s line up with

Yak- RNH- Ebs

Has me hoping they find an instant connection.

Then we could have

Hall- Dr. Drai- Perron (or Purcell)

Poo- Arco- Purcell

These lines would help both Drai and Yak see quality line mates

2. su_dhillon says:

Is Craig Ludwig the son of ‘Shinpads’ Ludwig from those evil Stars teams?

supernova:
    Tonight’s line up with

Yak- RNH- Ebs

Has me hoping they find an instant connection.

Then we could have

Hall- Dr. Drai- Perron (or Purcell)

Poo- Arco- Purcell

These lines would help both Drai and Yak see quality line mates

that game is tomorrow.

su_dhillon:
    Is Craig Ludwig the son of ‘Shinpads’ Ludwig from those evil Stars teams?

Yes. Completely different player though.

supernova:
    Tonight’s line up with

Yak- RNH- Ebs

Has me hoping they find an instant connection.

Then we could have

Hall- Dr. Drai- Perron (or Purcell)

Poo- Arco- Purcell

These lines would help both Drai and Yak see quality line mates

WIN game isn’t until tomorrow.

Vladdy Hockey playing with Drais and Poo.

A couple lines that will be interesting to watch.

6. Ducey says:

Interesting that Kessy and Oesterle have managed to hang on.

7. su_dhillon says:

So does Vladdy Hockey get a contract after the game? And if he doesn’t does that mean they still haven’t decided? A little worrisome.

8. Bag of Pucks says:

Ducey:
    Interesting that Kessy and Oesterle have managed to hang on.

Happy to see it. Thought they were two of the more effective players in the Penticton tourney.

9. Lois Lowe says:

Ducey,

I think it means they’re bound for OKC as opposed to Bakersfield.

10. Ribs says:

Woodguy: Vladdy Hockey playing with Drais and Poo.

I’ll just go ahead and call that the Dry Poo line.

Ribs: I’ll just go ahead and call that the Dry Poo line.

oh dear

12. Bag of Pucks says:

Btw, has anyone seen Betker play in Everett? Wondering if he shows any signs of a mean streak in the WHL?

See from his bio that he’s got a significant amount of PIMs. For a player his size, he played incredibly ‘meek’ in Penticton.

Big boy. Could be a real asset as a crease clearer if he were inclined to arrive with a poor disposition.

13. corykg says:

sorry posted in last thread. Not too helpful anyway but hey.

From a quick 15 minute glimpse of training camp in Leduc today…

Ramsay led one group skating while another was to do fitness testing later in the morning.

Two drills I saw were 1: simple 3 men breakouts. Two dmen to a forward and get your ass north. Drill 2: dump the puck into the offensive corner, 5 man unit into offensive zone, 1st forechecker digs puck out and finds open man in middle of ice for a SOG.

Very simple. Skating, passing, get comfortable with where you should be. No defenders to work against even.

14. nycoil says:

LT, I’m sorry, did I completely miss the reference to S.E. Hinton in your “The Outsiders” post? It took me all day until now when having a glass of Syrah at a wine bar that, being in Soho of course, uses up half of Pouzar’s wine budget with just a glass, to realize. Well, that’s a can of worms, right there if so! Shall we open it?

Pouzar, I have many more suggestions for you. One of my best friends is in the wine industry. And I’ve been very privileged to have met with some of the biggest winemakers in Italy, France, Napa, South Africa, Chile, Australia, and the Okanagan. My go-to local in the West Village in NYC is a rare wine shop. Rare, but affordable. Lots of amazing selections for under $20. And the owner loves vintage racing cars. Happy to have an offline chat any time about wine, or racing cars, and I, like you, love the affordable, drinkable stuff. On both counts. Hmm..

15. RexLibris says:

Vladdy Hockey

Just like to add, that the Oilogosphere’s adoption of this nickname as a way of hijacking the Johnny Hockey thing pleases me to no end.

16. Bruce McCurdy says:

su_dhillon:
    Is Craig Ludwig the son of ‘Shinpads’ Ludwig from those evil Stars teams?

Lowetide: Yes. Completely different player though.

So different that by eye his bloodlines look more like Claire “The Milkman” Alexander than Craig “Eaton’s Catalogs” Ludwig. Not meaning to impugn his mom’s character or anything, but other than being a d-man CJ is an utterly different player from the old man. Polar opposite.

Whereas David Musil looks like a clone of Frank on many shifts.

nycoil:
    LT, I’m sorry, did I completely miss the reference to S.E. Hinton in your “The Outsiders” post? It took me all day until now when having a glass of Syrah at a wine bar that, being in Soho of course, uses up half of Pouzar’s wine budget with just a glass,to realize. Well, that’s a can of worms, right there if so! Shall we open it?

Oklahoma.

18. bigbadbruin24 says:

Ribs: I’ll just go ahead and call that the Dry Poo line.

19. mm says:

corykg,

do you know what time the oilers were out on the ice in leduc ? I was looking to go myself this week.
    thanks.

20. nycoil says:

Yup, thought so. And that’s why I hold your blog in the highest regard, right there. I’m ashamed to say it took me all day and several glasses of wine to see it; at the same time, I don’t have the words to describe the respect I have for you, sir, right there.

21. G Money says:

Which would you rather have, a dry pooper or dry yak poo?

22. Numenius says:

bigbadbruin24: Oh Dear is right. If they add Purcell to the other wing it becomes the Dry Poo Pur line. You don’t want that to stick, lol.

I don’t want to hear enema about it.

23. nycoil says:

G Money:
    Which would you rather have, a dry pooper or dry yak poo?

Stay gold, pony boy, stay gold.

24. Lois Lowe says:

Bruce McCurdy:

He has his father’s nose.

25. Pouzar says:

nycoil:

Cheers man…I look forward to it. I love trying new stuff.

26. Pouzar says:

So no other Lowetiders goin to the game tomorrow?

27. Wolfie says:

I’ll be there! Rocking the 328…