If everything breaks right, and the chances of that happening are better now than a month ago, the first edition of the Bakersfield Condors should be a tremendous AHL hockey team. The possible roster could include a couple of lottery picks and fewer AHL veterans than normal. Let’s have a look.
SIGNED FOR NEXT SEASON AND POSSIBLY AHL BOUND
- G Laurent Brossoit. He should be the 1G and this is his time to shine. RFA summer 2016 and might push for NHL job.
- G Eetu Laurikainen. Sign all the goalies with .933SP’s. A terrific bet, got lost in the excitement.
- D Darnell Nurse. If he’s in the AHL, he’s playing a major role for the team.
- D Jordan Oesterle. College man now has experience, lordy he can wheel.
- D David Musil. Should be a big part of the Condors blue next year.
- D Dillon Simpson. He should be able to take on more responsibility in 2015-16.
- D Martin Gernat. I have no idea where he’s going to end up.
- D Ben Betker. Likely to get some ECHL time.
- D Joey Laleggia. Also an ECHL candidate, should get some PP looks.
- C Leon Draisaitl. He should make mincemeat out of the AHL after Christmas.
- C Bogdan Yakimov. I can’t wait to see his year over year progress, encouraging rookie year.
- C Jujhar Khaira Looks like he has a future as a checking C, can he score enough to make NHL?
- C Travis Ewanyk Tough checker who will probably play a big role in PK department.
- C Kyle Platzer He’ll push his way up the depth chart but could start in ECHL.
- L Kale Kessy. He was emerging as an AHL regular when injured, should build on that in 2015-16.
- L Ryan Hamilton He’ll be the veteran hand in the minors helping to guide the kids.
- L Mitch Moroz. Absolutely needs to play a lot next season.
- R Iiro Pakarinen. Should be a quality AHL regular in 2015-16, could get called up.
- R Greg Chase. Really looking forward to seeing his progress next year.
The Oilers have a bunch of RFA’s to decide on (we talked about it yesterday) and if they asked me I’d tell them to bring back Andrew Miller, Tyler Pitlick, Josh Winquist and Brandon Davidson for the Condors. Sign Anton Slepyshev while they’re at it and maybe those Jones boys will accept AHL deals again to help the PK (suspect some NHL team has noticed them, though).
Folks, I don’t think they’re going to sign Marco Roy. I think Kyle Platzer ate his lunch.