OILERS V FLAMES (ROOKIES G2)

After a fun night of hockey, we can now see the enemy on the horizon. Make no mistake, the baby Canucks are the runt of the western Canadian litter and the world knows it. The baby Flames? They’re going to be formidable some day.

TONIGHT’S LINEUP

• Anton Slepyshev—Leon Draisaitl—Greg Chase: This line should get plenty of opportunity to show their stuff tonight, including power-play time. Leon had a fabulous game and will be relied on again tonight. I especially liked the physical element and believe he and Chase might be a good combination. Possible Bakersfield line? Maybe, although Chase will have competition for 1R.
  • Connor Rankin—Kyle Platzer—Cole Sanford: Rankin was noticeable last night, Platzer gets noticed in all of these games. Sanford didn’t stand out for me last night but this offensive push might give him a chance to shine. Very pleased with the forward group so far at this tournament.
  • Tyler Soy—Cole Linaker—Josh Winquist: Soy is a very skilled player and Linaker offers some size, both men making their first appearances at the tournament. Winquist played a feature role on Leon’s line last night, this might be his last look during the tournament.
  • Braden Christoffer—Marco Roy—Rihards Bukarts—I like the looks of this line a lot, hope we see plenty of them out there. Christoffer was a revelation last night and Bukarts is a handful. Roy has a foot in the door and needs to show well every shift.
  • Darnell Nurse—Joey Laleggia: I don’t blame the coaching staff, running these two is a no-brainer. I am a little surprised they’re together again and do wonder if we see them during pre-season and eventually in the AHL. Bona fide, both.
  • Ben Betker—Kevin Davis: Mountain man and a confident puck mover with a two-way game, that’s a classic pairing going back 50 years. Second night in a row Betker has anchored the second pairing.
  • Colton Waltz—Caleb Jones: An interesting pairing. Waltz is a very physical player and Jones is a more mobile, two-way type. At the orientation camp Jones impressed me with his speed and shot, hope we see lots of both this evening.
  • Jordan Papirny (Eetu Laurikainen). Papirny goes all the way tonight, this is a big opportunity.

Yeah. Well, I thought my RE was conservative. This is bordering on farce but good for Chiarelli. If McDavid posts 40 points, that puts him between Hall and Summanen all-time. My prediction would land him No. 3 on the list between Arnott and Mr. Lumley:

OILERS FORWARD SCORING RECORDS (ROOKIES)

1. Jari Kurri (80-81) 75gp, 32-43-75
  20. Jozef Beranek (91-92) 58gp, 12-16-28
  21. Todd Marchant (94-95) 45gp, 13-14-27
  22. Dean McAmmond (93-94) 45gp, 6-21-27
  23. Linus Omark (10-11) 51gp, 5-22-27
  24. Martin Gelinas (89-90) 46gp, 17-8-25
  25. Mats Lindgren (96-97) 69gp, 11-14-25

299 Responses to "OILERS V FLAMES (ROOKIES G2)"

« Older Comments
  1. G Money says:

Not a word out of place.

Warned him. Reminded him. Beat the living crap out of him.

Yikes.

2. Professor Q says:

“I don’t think he needs to see a doctor. He’s already seen a Nurse.”

…yikes. I thought I was bad with the wordplay.

3. marty62 says:

I think that kid was rethinking the idea of dropping his gloves right about the time that first punch landed….

4. Professor Q says:

And Draisaitl at it again.

5. Suntory Hanzo says:

Poetic justice for that non call from behind.

Leon makes it rain.

7. jp says:

Nice Penalty shot goal, but that was a more than questionable call. Fun game though!

8. pocession charge says:

Draisaitl and Nurse playing tonight?

9. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

To be honest, a dubious penalty shot call, but I got the photos and got video too.

10. Professor Q says:

jp:

I don’t think it was *that* questionable. He took out Drai’s legs at the same time as he hit the puck, if not a bit before.

11. Tire Fire says:

It does give me a bit of pause that Lomberg made up so much ground on Dr.Drai on that takedown.

12. striatic says:

jp,

Questionable call to give the penalty shot? I think the commentators gave a good explanation as to why it was called that way.

The issue is that the player on the break needs to be able to protect himself and forcing him to keep his stick on the puck while another player is flying in to take out his legs is just dangerous. I like the new way it is called, even if it does eliminate some stunning defensive plays.

13. G Money says:

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”,

Professor Q,

It actually doesn’t matter. It used to be if you hit the puck first it was OK, but the new rules are that if you take the player down, it’s always a penalty shot, whether you hit the puck or not.

14. Suntory Hanzo says:

Christoffer a bit too excited there.

15. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

G Money:
    NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”,

Professor Q,

It actually doesn’t matter.It used to be if you hit the puck first it was OK, but the new rules are that if you take the player down, it’s always a penalty shot, whether you hit the puck or not.

Really? I did not know that. Have a link?

16. wheatnoil says:

I think it was one of many questionable ref calls tonight and they’ve been going both ways. So it evens out. Two straight soft ones on the Oilers led to the 5 on 3 goal in the 2nd.

17. Suntory Hanzo says:

Tire Fire,

well, one might ague he was hit from behind earlier and at the end of a shift.

18. Soup Fascist says:

G Money:

Not a word out of place.

Warned him.Reminded him.Beat the living crap out of him.

Yikes.

Mess with the bull ……

You get the Schmidt kicked out of you.

19. wheatnoil says:

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”: Really? I did not know that. Have a link?

20. G Money says:

Drai’s stick is more canoe than paddle.

21. pocession charge says:

Tire Fire:

Meh. Drai was at the end of his shift.

22. G Money says:

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”: Really? I did not know that. Have a link?

Memory.

23. Tire Fire says:

I’m so happy Scrivens isn’t in net as the clock ticks down.

24. G Money says:

wheatnoil: That’s what the play by play on the feed said. No idea if it’s true but they seemed pretty confident.

MSM agrees? Ha, it must be wrong then!

25. Soup Fascist says:

Man, Chase has taken the puck to the net at will tonight. Seems to have the hands of a blacksmith but has some wheels. Either he is fast of the Calgary D are slow.

26. striatic says:

This was very, very satisfying.

27. striatic says:

G Money:
    Drai’s stick is more canoe than paddle.

Quoted for truth.

28. TheGreatMcMutato says:

McChristopher with another great play.

Chrooooooooooooot!

29. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

Soup Fascist:

Second best forward for the Oil tonight.

Oilers dominated play the last two periods.

30. G Money says:

Very satisfying night.

Turns out the Stamps can only beat the Esks when we have our second string QBs in the game.

Turns out the Baby Oilers can beat the Baby Flames even when our star rookie is sitting and theirs is playing.

Let the trash talking commence.

Fuck the Flames. FUCK EM!

31. JD¡™ David O'Connor's Reel says:

Sweet.

32. pocession charge says:

Who was responsible for signing Christoffer? Bob Green?

33. Bootstrap Effexor says:

strong>Showerhead:
    I spent the afternoon at one of the festivals with a beautiful lady and have an invite to the other one tonight with a different beautiful lady.

I probably shouldn’t confess this, but it was something I realized about myself rather late in life, because I kept brooding about certain mysteries of my youth that puzzled me.

The thing is, I couldn’t never cope with two different women in the same day. Especially unfamiliar women of the cherishable variety.

If I was status single (and not loving it) and I went out to a pub, I could only approach one woman, tops. I had no elevator pitch. I had no suit of armor. I had no pose. I only had read and react. The problem here is that the female brain is wired with a much wider pipeline for social read-and-react interactions (men have more neurons in the geometry bundle). Keeping up with an attractive woman—I tended to pick the ones with lights on behind the eyes—in a dual of read and react is about the most exhausting thing I’ve ever attempted to do. I would go into complete overload trying to assimilate the complex interaction all at once. Then I was down and out for the duration.

The other half of it is that I didn’t know how to talk about my attitude toward life in any kind of straightforward way. Women already found it weird enough that I seemed to pay so much attention right off the bat. That’s a whole other matter.

Anyways, if I had been so blessed as to have several social encounters lined up for the same day, I suspect I would have done something crazy like blow one off and stay home by myself drinking whiskey and playing Doom on my 486 laptop or partaking in some other reclusive activity that seemed vital to me at the time.

Paying as much attention as I did, I eventually learned some things. In other ways, it kind of shut me down.

Even with this insight in retrospect, I honestly don’t know if I could have enjoyed myself in the company of an attractive woman while pacing my blinkered, racehorse EQ.

Maybe I should have tried some set plays. Or perhaps not.

34. Oil2Oilers says:

I am happy both Christopher and Roy have AHL contracts. After all the bad bets of the ‘coke machine’ era it in nice to see ‘thinking fans’ favorites getting opportunities.

35. G Money says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

36. Professor Q says:

G Money: Memory.

Ah, I see. Thank you. I’ve been sort of hibernating from hockey for a while.

This is what I’ve found so far:

24.8 Infractions – Refer to the Reference Tables – Table 11 – Summary of
    Penalty Shots (page 140) for a list of the infractions that shall result in
    a penalty shot being awarded (see specific rule numbers for complete
    descriptions).

There are four (4) specific conditions that must be met in order for
    the Referee to award a penalty shot for a player being fouled from
    behind. They are:

(i) The infraction must have taken place in the neutral zone or attacking
    zone, (i.e. over the puck carrier’s own blue line);

(ii) The infraction must have been committed from behind;

(iii) The player in possession and control (or, in the judgment of the
    Referee, clearly would have obtained possession and control of the
    puck) must have been denied a reasonable chance to score (the fact
    that he got a shot off does not automatically eliminate this play from
    the penalty shot consideration criteria. If the foul was from behind and
    he was denied a “more” reasonable scoring opportunity due to the
    foul, then the penalty shot should be awarded);

(iv) The player in possession and control (or, in the judgment of the
    Referee, clearly would have obtained possession and control of the
    puck) must have had no opposing player between himself and the
    goalkeeper.

37. Professor Q says:

TABLE 11
    (Rule 25 – Penalty Shot)
    SUMMARY OF PENALTY SHOTS
    Description Rule

(i) Deliberate illegal substitution

(ii) Intentionally dislodging the net from its
    moorings during the course of a breakaway

(iii) Intentionally dislodging the net from its
    moorings when the penalty cannot be served in
    its entirety within regulation time

(iv) Falling on the puck in the goal crease

(v) Picking up the puck with the hand in the goal
    crease

(vi) Player on a breakaway who is interfered with
    by an object thrown or shot by a defending
    team player

(vii) Player on a breakaway who is interfered with
    by a player who has illegally entered the game

(viii) Player throws or shoots an object at the puck in
    his defending zone

(ix) Player on a breakaway who is fouled from
    behind.

Rule 54
    Rule 55
    Rule 56
    Rule 57
    Rule 61

38. NYCOIL "Gentleman Backpacker" says:

I am sandwiched between two bitter Flames fans in denial. Anyone wanna give me an assist here? Haha

39. JD¡™ David O'Connor's Reel says:

Conner deserved that.

pocession charge:
    Who was responsible for signing Christoffer?Bob Green?

41. Soup Fascist says:

I am a little disappointed with Darnell Nurse’s ill-humour and mean streak. I wish he would play in a more gentlemanly manner. The beating laid on the young Calgary forward showed poor sportsmanship.

….said NO OILER FAN, EVER.

42. G Money says:

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”,

Based on your earlier description, sounds like trash talking may be somewhat dangerous.

Looking forward to your summary tomorrow!

43. flyfish1168 says:

Both Edmonton teams beat calgary tonight. something that I just don’t get tired of

44. pocession charge says:

Soup Fascist:

He had a better night tonight. He usually has nice hands but I agree with you that they looked a bit cementy the past two games. It’s early.

45. wheatnoil says:

NYCOIL “Gentleman Backpacker”:

Bennett – 0-0-0, -2
    Draisaitl – 1-1-2, +3

46. G Money says:

Suntory Hanzo,

Nope, it’s linking to your desktop.

Suggest upload to imgur, that’s what I use when I want to share my fancystats charting. No account required.

47. striatic says:

wheatnoil: Bennett – 0-0-0, -2
    Draisaitl – 1-1-2, +3

Now that’s just a thing of beauty.

Though Bennett did have a better game than that stat line suggests.

48. G Money says:

wheatnoil: Bennett – 0-0-0, -2
    Draisaitl – 1-1-2, +3

Confirming once again that Bennett is Draisaitl’s competition, not McSaviour’s.

McSaviour is a hole … nuvva … levuw!

49. pocession charge says:

Lowetide: Yes.

Then I tip my hat. Those are the exact kind of players that the Oilers need to keep signing. Skilled and competitive. Connor Rankin seems to fit the same description.

50. JD¡™ David O'Connor's Reel says:

wheatnoil:

Bennett – 0-0-0, -2

Coleborne– 1-1-2, +3

Fixed.

51. Suntory Hanzo says:

G Money,

i do have an imgur. didn’t think of that. tweeted to LT instead.

52. Kitchener says:

Beating the Flames never gets old.

53. G Money says:

Suntory Hanzo,

Am I (@OilersNerdAlert) following you on Twitter?

(Question is ditto for anyone else on here)

54. namflashback says:

That was fun. Saw Platzer real good. He is very efficient, not high speed all the time, but pressures the opposition and seemed to be in all the right places a centre needs to be. Coach certainly trusted him, I think he saw quite a bit of ice time as they were trying to close it out.

55. jp says:

Soup Fascist:

….said NO OILER FAN,EVER.

Lots of CFP comparisons being thrown around, and those are valid.

But Nurse just keeps reminding me of Gator with his attitude and always grinning in a scrum. Sooo nice to have that element back in a package that can actually play hockey!!

56. wheatnoil says:

McKenzie: Conventional wisdom, or maybe it’s just a popular theory, is that the Oilers need to trade one of their skill forwards, the core guys up front, in order to either get a different type of player up front or to address a need on the blue line or what have you. Do you subscribe to that theory?

Chiarelli: *sigh* It’s hard to get players. It’s often hard to get a player for player in a trade. So, using those two theories… no, I don’t! *laughs* Because we’ve got these players and they’re young and they’re developing and when you can get a good player, and a good big player, you want to keep that player.

I’ve had the experience of trading young players before. I’ve had successes. I’ve had had some… I’ve had what… I still don’t think there’s failures but there’s… you’ve got to look at it in different ways but it’s difficult to keep those players and you have to try to keep them and fit them in.

Having said that, if you’ve got an excess of a certain type of player than yeah you have to look at that. You wouldn’t be doing your job if you didn’t.

57. Tire Fire says:

wheatnoil:
    Bennett: 0-0-0, -2
    Draisaitl: 1-1-2, +3

Ahhhhhh….
    Music!

58. Suntory Hanzo says:

G Money,

No. I rarely use it, to be honest. Not a blogger or anything. Just a theatre and film high school teacher from Abbotsford that grew up in Sherwood Park. Bev Facey 1990!

I’m one of those read and refresh lowetide a hundred times a day, but rarely post. Then I have some drinks and a bunch of sassy posts come out.

Love reading the stats and everything, but I can’t make that stuff happen. So thanks to those that do.

59. Soup Fascist says:

pocession charge: Then I tip my hat.Those are the exact kind of players that the Oilers need to keep signing.Skilled and competitive.Connor Rankin seems to fit the same description.

Is it just me or does Braden Cristoffer remind anyone of a young Brandon Prust?

…. Minus the smoke show French TV chick.

60. Tire Fire says:

wheatnoil:

Chiarelli: … when you can get a good player, and a good big player, you want to keep that player.

Now where have I heard that before?

61. striatic says:

Need to temper expectations with guys like Chase, Platzer, LaLeggia, Christoffer who get seen good at these tournaments but reasonably still only have an outside chance of making the NHL team on a regular basis let alone making an impact.

Still, if you get enough of these guys somebody is going to bubble up.

Seeing the quality is nice, but the quantity is more promising.

62. G Money says:

Best tweet on the Nurse fight:

NURSE SMASH

63. wheatnoil says:

McKenzie: (asking about trading Seguin) Was there anything you learned from that trade that you can apply to the Oilers?

Chiarelli: Well, you know, do you have an hour? *laughs* There’s a lot of things that go into a trade that people never hear about. The decision-making… you never talk about, you never hear about. You have to be pro-active in this league and you have to make the proper decisions. You heard me talking about young players, they’re hard to get. …

64. pocession charge says:

Soup Fascist: Is it just me or does Braden Cristoffer remind anyone of a young Brandon Prust?

…. Minus the smoke show French TV chick.

I had to look her up and she is definitely hot. I think Christoffer might have a bit more offense and Prust might have more face punching skill.

65. pocession charge says:

G Money:
    Best tweet on the Nurse fight:

NURSE SMASH

He really pounded out poor Rasmus Andersson there. The guy was asking for it though.

66. wheatnoil says:

When Chiarelli talks about defense, he mentions Sekera and Klefbom in the top 4. He hopes Schultz can be there. Then he kind of waffles and mentions everyone else potentially playing a role in the top 4… though, as Woodguy points out, he forgets Fayne. I’m not sure I think that’s a big deal.

I get the sense that he sees Sekera and Klefbom as the real deal… he’s hoping Schultz can do it, but isn’t 100% sold. He knows he’s lacking another real top 4 option even beyond that. Not sure where he sees Fayne.

67. Магия 10 says:

Tire Fire: Now where have I heard that before?

Chia’s version is bit windier. Leave it to a guy who sold radio commercials to whittle it down to a 6 word tag line

68. jp says:

pocession charge: He really pounded out poor Rasmus Andersson there.The guy was asking for it though.

Like, REALLY asking for it.

69. Магия 10 says:

wheatnoil: At the end of the day, I see more and more players that are getting locked up into longer term deals. So, the player pool, I think you saw it a bit this summer is going to get smaller and smaller. I don’t know how many more trades you’re going to see, significant trades, but player development is going to become more important.

Get develop & keep good players.

70. wheatnoil says:

McKenzie: What does Schultz have to do to become a Top 4 Defensemen? … This is kind of a one year, show us what you got before we figure out if we make any sort of long-term commitment to you?

Chiarelli: Yeah, that’s a fair comment. He’s a player that I don’t have really strong knowledge of. Saw him in college. Saw him in the lockout in the American League. Saw him in bits and pieces with Edmonton… maybe a little more this past year, whether it’s video or otherwise.

He’s got a lot of assets, like, uh, puck skills, passing, skating. He’s been labelled sometimes as a rover and that’s more negative than positive in my mind, but the fact that he’s up the ice with the forwards is a good thing. That’s something that we would preach here.

It’s about defending, about being the proper position and if you’re not strong enough to defend, let’s talk about positional defending, stick defending. He has to get better at that.

71. Johnny Larue says:

Ding dong the witch is dead just got back from the football game Edmonton 2 Calgary 0 . Oh yea baby the tide is starting to turn. Hockey Football finally the worm is starting to turn

72. BONVIE says:

Wow the Christopher kid again with a great all around game.. I’d like to see him in the next game as well and hopefully a contract…he’s got enough speed grit size and awareness I can’t see him not having a good future.

73. wheatnoil says:

Chiarelli: (on whether Reinhart is NHL-ready) That’s fair…. There’s a little bit of lead time that he has to get up and running. He has to make our team. We’ve got 8 or 9 D who are challenging. I believe he is, yeah. What I saw from him in the Memorial Cup… I know his year last year wasn’t great and there’s reasons behind that and that really is… not excuses but there are reasons that you could… that explain it. But what I saw in the Memorial Cup is that you’ve got a player here who can dominate, that can lug the puck, and that can make plays. And for a bigger sized man, he can move well. And I would expect him to be in the top 4 at some point.

74. wheatnoil says:

Chiarelli: (on Ference, moving down the line-up and whether he can continue as captain) Well, what, I mean… that’s a quantum leap to go from ‘moving down’ to ‘can you be a captain?’ He may move down the line-up. I thought he was over-played in higher pairs.

What Todd and I will do is we’ll discuss the captaincy, the assistant captains, as the preseason goes on. I’ve had discussions with Andrew about that. I’ve got a good relationship with Andrew from before in Boston. We can be very frank with each other and we have been. So if we do make that change, I know Andrew would be a complete professional about that.

75. Suntory Hanzo says:

Johnny Larue,

I see what you did there…

76. Suntory Hanzo says:

JD¡™ David O’Connor’s Reel,

love how he is laughing whilst he tries to talk the guy down. Badass. Remind me of Begbie (language…):

77. wheatnoil says:

I probably didn’t need to transcribe half that Chiarelli interview, but it’s a long video and I don’t usually have time to watch videos and this was a good one. So I usually appreciate when others on here have posted quotes. Hopefully others in my boat found it helpful. Now I should go to bed though… drew the early shift tomorrow when the toddler gets up at some ungodly hour.

78. rickithebear says:

Wheatnoil:
    My favorite was.
    BM: Who will surprise?
    PC: slepyshev
    he is 6’1″ 218lb
    He is fast
    He has a world class shot.
    You do the math!

Yakimov was listed as 205.
    Was 232 in camp.
    Khl says 195 and PC is saying 218

79. SwedishPoster says:

A bit of a sleepy first two periods but it felt nice that the Oil could pick up the pace and turn the game around, they felt like the stronger team that just got off to a slow and sloppy start, nice to see.
    Drai and Slepyshev seemingly just getting their feet moving and going through the motions, Drai still able to be the best player on the ice. For some reason Bennett never plays well when I watch him but considering his numbers and hype from all corners I have to believe that he’s a star in the making, he had an ok game but nothing that lifted him above the middle of the road prospects in this game. I was more impressed by McDonald, Mangiapane, Karnaukov, Arnold and Rasmus Andersson for Calgary.

Nurse is beastly, I love when he brings the crazy and Andersson once again proving that swedish hockey players can’t fight, shouldn’t fight.
    For all of Nurses quaities I hate him on the PP, he doesn’t move into good positions along the blue line, he doesn’t see passing lanes that well, he gets his shot off fairly slow and he tends to force the zone entries. Laleggia is far superior in that part of the game.

Chase had a better game tonight but still not that impressed by him, doesn’t find good ice enough times, often just skates in straight lines and when he gets the puck too many plays just die, he did get better in the third so could just be pre-season catching up.

Christoffer looks like a find so far, for a guy who was more talked of as a lightweight fighter he sure shows a nice set of skills mixed with a lot of heart, then again still early and we’ve seen guys show well in pre-season to never be seen again.

Caleb Jones was pretty dreadful the first two periods but picked it up in the third, jitters perhaps?

Betker is solid but I can see him getting walked a few times when the big guns comes to play he has a tendency to stop moving his feet, might be due to his long reach which has gotten him by those situations in juniors, will need his three years in the minors, nice ability to read plays and get his stick on the puck though.

80. RexLibris says:

JD¡™ David O’Connor’s Reel:

Just got a chance to see the Nurse fight now.

He looks very excitable after that bout.

One might almost say he…saw red.

🙂

81. stevezie says:

Hello Nurse!

82. G Money says:

RexLibris,

I love the part where they’re in the preamble and Nurse is trying to talk some sense into the guy, and they go past two other two guys that are squaring off, and the expression on both of their faces seems to say “Holy shit, that guy isn’t really planning to tangle with *Nurse* is he?!?!”

83. RexLibris says:

G Money:
    RexLibris,

Yeah, the look on Nurse’s face gives the impression he is saying:

“what? I don’t understand you. Are you saying you want to fight?”

And then Andersson pulls on his jersey and a switch flips.

Flames fans are pissed that he fought Andersson. The comments are more or less suggesting that it was classless of him to take on an 18-year old and he should have fought Smith or Kanzig.

Which is interesting because I recall Olli Jokinen taking on a young, and certainly undersized, Sam Gagner once with Gagner getting his lunch handed to him and the general concensus amongst Flames fans then was that Jokinen told the kid who was the boss.

Funny that.

84. dustrock says:

Christoffer was a visible presence at the rookie camp game. Glad to see he’s performing well here.

Again, Platzer will be our new Marty Reasoner soon enough.

85. Water Fire says:

SwedishPoster:

Yes, he got walked last game as well, as did Waltz. I am also in the camp that Nurse needs time. He needs to be stable first, regardless of his intentions for his career. The tools are there, but the brain determines success in elite athletes more than the body. They are all exceptional athletes to make even CHL or Euro equivalent.

86. Water Fire says:

Slepy has been given his roster spot if he can keep his ducks in a row after Pete’s comments. Wingers, skilled I mean, could get bigger with Drai Slepy and whoever else makes it.

87. RexLibris says:

Willis’ take on the evening.

He points out nine things he’s taken away from the tournament thus far.

#10 should be that the Oilers beat the prospect groups of their two worst rivals and damn that feels good.

88. Zelepukin says:

Water Fire:

maybe if you mean roster spot in the A.

89. Bank Shot says:

dustrock:
    Christoffer was a visible presence at the rookie camp game.Glad to see he’s performing well here.

Again, Platzer will be our new Marty Reasoner soon enough.

Could you imagine if Christoffer makes the Oilers oNE day?

Jesus and Christ on the same team.

Lordy.

90. Soup Fascist says:

I know LT has been on this kid’s bandwagon for awhile – but I wasn’t seeing it. While his skating looks awkward he had enough jam that the coach had him killing penalties and he certainly kept up with the play – granted it was a rookie game. But the following statement is true, IMO:

Josh Winquist can place a hockey puck wherever he wants when given a little time and space. Full Stop.

91. Soup Fascist says:

Bank Shot: Could you imagine if Christoffer makes the Oilers oNE day?

Jesus and Christ on the same team.

Lordy.

So, Lordy would be the right winger then?

See, I would play Hall with them. And have the McJesus H(all) Christ(offer) line*.

* Ducks for cover, realizing it is Church day and a lighting bolt is surely heading his way.

92. rickithebear says:

Water Fire:

His bonus paid like a top 10 pick.

« Older Comments