Game 4 Pacific Division Semis: Eagles at Condors

The Bakersfield Condors can close out the series against Colorado tonight with a victory on home ice. It has been a fascinating series, with the veteran lines centered by Brad Malone and Tyler Vesel playing prominent roles. The Cooper Marody line has done well in possession but haven’t delivered points (Josh Currie the only member of the line with a crooked number). Is this the night the big line breaks out?

CONDORS CORSI 5-ON-5 VIA WILDE

The top nine forwards are dominating in possession and the team’s leading scorers (Polei, Russell, plus defenseman Evan Bouchard) do not include members of the top line. Look for a market correction tonight.

BEST SEASONS BY AHL ROOKIE IN OKC

Edmonton placed its affiliate in Oklahoma City fall 2010 through spring 2015 and had some success in developing young defensemen. Forwards? Mixed bag. Here are the top 10 seasons offensively for Barons rookies, followed by the top 10 seasons by rookies for Bakersfield Condors since they arrived in California. (Total Points)

1. D Justin Schultz 34GP, 18-30-48 (2012-13)
  2. L Toni Rajala 46GP, 17-28-45 (2012-13)
  3. C Teemu Hartikainen 66GP, 17-25-42 (2010-11)
  4. R Andrew Miller 52GP, 8-26-34 (2013-14)
  5. L Hunter Tremblay 68GP, 16-15-31 (2011-12)
  6. D Martin Marincin 69GP, 7-23-30 (2012-13)
  7. F Milan Kytnar 78GP, 13-16-29 (2010-11)
  8. C Bogdan Yakimov 57GP, 12-16-28 (2014-15)
  9. D Taylor Fedun 70GP, 8-19-27 (2012-13)
  10. D Jordan Oesterle 65GP, 8-17-25 (2014-15)

NHLers from that group include Schultz, Marincin, Fedun and Oesterle. OKC had a helluva time turning forwards into NHL talent, from Magnus Paajarvi Anton Lander to Hartikainen.

BEST SEASONS BY AHL ROOKIE IN BAKERSFIELD

1. Tyler Benson 68, 15-51-66 (2018-19)
  2. Cooper Marody 58, 19-45-54 (2018-19)
  3. Logan Day 67, 7-27-34 (2018-19)
  4. Cameron Hebig 64, 11-18-29 (2018-19)
  5. Jesse Puljujarvi 39, 12-16-28 (2016-17)
  6. Joey Laleggia 63, 8-19-27 (2015-16)
  7. Dave Gust 53, 13-11-24 (2017-18)
  8. Anton Slepyshev 49, 13-8-21 (2015-16)
  9. Marco Roy 42, 8-12-20 (2015-16)
  10. Joe Gambardella 50, 13-6- 19 (2017-18)

The current team dominates, with the top four names all 2018-19 kids. Part of that is the new slow playing of young talent, but there were years when four rookies wouldn’t get enough minutes to climb this latter. Marco Roy, who should have been signed when he was eligible, would have had more success if he’s arrived three years later.

98 Responses to "Game 4 Pacific Division Semis: Eagles at Condors"

1. fishman says:

Go Condors!!! Hopefully they can finish series tonight. Like to see Benson, Marody get some points. Hopefully Bouchard in the line up..

2. fishman says:

Nice start by the Raptors! Hate the Leafs but cheer for the BB team..(both of them!)

You forgot this guy, and his first 40 games as a pro. The model for Evan Bouchard.

Jeff Petry 2010-11 Oklahoma City Barons AHL 41 7 17 24

4. OriginalPouzar says:

Finally the Condors back in action tonight after a long lay-off since Tuesday’s Dominant performance. Two chances to finish off the Eagles at home.

Will Woodcroft dress 7D again or maybe just go with 6 and give Bouchard more of a regular shift?

There is the possibility of using Day at forward (which they’ve done this year) and he c an move back if things are going off the rails.

5. OriginalPouzar says:

fishman:

My hope is option 2 with Day moving up to play forward providing the cover to move him back if things are going off the rails.

6. Scungilli Slushy says:

Wilde

‘This is entirely alien to me.
    The dire extent to which anybody can prove that the Oilers have a criminal lack of offense, it’s both infinitely harder and simply unlikely that they somehow lack two-way play /more/.
    Which is to say, since the Oilers were by far the worst team in the league in secondary scoring, AND their two-way play is somehow worse than that, how was any team worse than them in totality? How were six?’

To me a very big part of the lack of offense was having poorly balanced D pairs that couldn’t move the puck and a lack of support to them from the forwards.

Goalies also suffered from facing a lot of dangerous chances from breakdowns. I think stats can hide players prone to making a couple of doozy mistakes a game, and those breakdowns often cost goals.

Every player messes up. All D get walked. Solid players don’t make big mistakes often and solid D don’t get walked once a game.

I am not always clear in writing I realize. By players good at one thing I meant for example Chiasson, who has a deadly shot, but is unquick so often doesn’t get on top of opponents, doesn’t consistently pressure.

Russell who manages decent goal shares but defends by collapsing and that leads to opponents constantly gaining the zone and a lot of D zone time, and a lot of weak plays out that come right back at the Oilers.

This all limits attacking and offense.

Connor and Leon don’t always defend well, being tasked with having to score with these limited players.

Nuge if not with Connor gets no help. Leon without Connor gets no help. Lucic has good possession stats but can’t help score. Cagguila had speed and some skill but couldn’t help defend. Strome couldn’t score, Gagner is unquick and unreliable defensively.

So many players need a perfect fit to score enough and help it’s not manageable, because they have too few attributes.

To me a good NHLer can skate well enough and has the appropriate amount of skill for their pay grade that suits a league that demands quick puck transition and as always constant puck pressure. And a reliable level of play so that the coach can trust them.

System plays into this as Eberle’s comments about Trotz show, he said that the defensive system was easy to understand and everyone had a role and understood it.

I don’t like to separate forwards from defense thinking about either end of the ice. A good balanced group, with a coach that uses the roster wel, scores and defends at norms.

If you also have elite skill you’re golden, and the Oilers do.

I hope that sheds enough light on what I meant.

7. Jaxon says:

How do Byram and Bouchard compare? Would you have Byram just ahead of Boqvist and Bouchard last year, and after Dahlin and Hughes? Between Hughes and Boqvist?

EDIT: Last year I believe I had something like Rasmus Dahlin, Quinn Hughes, K’Andre Miller, Evan Bouchard, Ryan Merkley, Ty Smith, Adam Boqvist. I think I’d put Byram just before Bouchard in this list.

Jaxon:
    How do Byram and Bouchard compare. Would you have Byram just ahead of Boqvist and Bouchard last year, and after Dahlin and Hughes? Between Hughes and Boqvist?

Bouchard is 20 months older than Byram. Closer to two years, than to one.

9. leadfarmer says:

Jaxon:

Yes i had Hughes very high
    So Dahlin Hughes Byram Boqvist Bouchard at the time of draft.
    Now I’d flip Boqvist and Bouchard

10. Jaxon says:

godot10: Bouchard is 20 months older than Byram.Closer to two years, than to one.

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I know that Bouchard was older in his draft year. I should have said, “How would they compare if they were in the same draft year?” So even considering if Bouchard’s draft year was this year and he would be 8 months older.

11. leadfarmer says:

Jaxon,

Byram is good enough that if he falls to us at #8 and we trade or not take him I will proceed to get stupidly drunk and spend the rest of the night on here whining like I did that 2015 draft

12. ArmchairGM says:

OriginalPouzar,

Apropos our conversation earlier… proposed elsewhere:

Benning for Fabbri + 3rd round pick
    – then filp that pick –
    3rd round pick for Brown

13. YKOil says:

leadfarmer:
    Jaxon,
    Byram is good enough that if he falls to us at #8 I will proceed to get stupidly drunk and spend the rest of the night on here whining like I did that 2015 draft

Myself as well. I am all in on Byram. Byram and Cozens are my main picks post #2. Either one will occasion extra drinking above and beyond all regular extra drinking.

For either of those two I would be happy for the Oilers to trade up. Podkolzin having a bad tourney has made me a little sad to tell you the truth, means we have to hope that some GM holds to their belief that he is the real deal rather than chase some other shiny object in the #3-7 range.

14. Jethro Tull says:

godot10:
    You forgot this guy, and his first 40 games as a pro.The model for Evan Bouchard.

Jeff Petry 2010-11Oklahoma City BaronsAHL4171724

Petry, whilst a very competent player, was a mid 2nd round pick. Aim higher.

15. OriginalPouzar says:

ArmchairGM:
    OriginalPouzar,

Apropos our conversation earlier… proposed elsewhere:

Benning for Fabbri + 3rd round pick– then filp that pick –
    3rd round pick for Brown

Well, yes, of course I would do that as an Oiler fan although I’m not sure the Blues would – do they need Benning? They have Pieterangelo, Parayko and Berttuzo on their right side with Schmaltz available to call up. Are they going to give up on Fabbri?

16. Philosophil says:

YKOil,

Agree, Podkolzin will drop. Kalyiev likely at 8 or higher. Who is this year’s Kotkaniemi or Hayton to rise up, and drop another Bouchard (still wanted Dobson, for the record, but any who) to the Oil? looks like Caulfied is moving up generally to Oil depth.

For the record, i just don’t see Cozens at 8, he will gone by 5; (sorry LT, no disrespect intended. I would love to see Cozens in Oil orange) Dach is a maybe.

17. OriginalPouzar says:

Same lineup for Condors so no Yamamoto and likely 7D – unless they play Day at forward.

Philosophil:
    YKOil,

For the record, i just don’t see Cozens at 8, he will gone by 5; (sorry LT, no district intended. I would love to see Cozens in Oil orange) Dach is a maybe.

No worries, I’m as surprised as you are. However, with the movement I think we’ll see from the USHL kids on the final lists, I think he might be there.

19. leadfarmer says:

If you are not interfering hooking or holding you’re not even trying

20. Reja says:

The Bruin game is great that is some tough nosed hockey being played by both clubs. Would love Josh Anderson scores 35-40 on Connor’s Line he has a heavy shot make it happen Keith Unite the Jones brothers for the next ten years and whatever else it would take to aquire Josh who has one year left at 1.75 mil

21. OriginalPouzar says:

That is some sort of national anthem…..

22. OriginalPouzar says:

Eagles with more shots on goal already than they did in the entire first period on Tuesday.

23. OriginalPouzar says:

Fantastic defensive play by Jones to break up a 2 on 1 down low – may have saved a goal.

24. Nix says:

Early penalty for polei. Jones with a great Russell starfish to block a great chance.

25. Jaxon says:

YKOil: Myself as well. I am all in on Byram. Byram and Cozens are my main picks post #2.Either one will occasion extra drinking above and beyond all regular extra drinking.

For either of those two I would be happy for the Oilers to trade up.Podkolzin having a bad tourney has made me a little sad to tell you the truth, means we have to hope that some GM holds to their belief that he is the real deal rather than chase some other shiny object in the #3-7 range.

I’m hoping all of Zegras, Boldy, Krebs, Dach, and Podkolzin are gone by the time Edmonton gets to the podium. What would that look like?
    1. NJD – Hughes
    2. NYR – Kakko
    3. CHI – Podkolzin (they also could take local Turcotte)
    4. COL – Dach
    5. LAK – Krebs
    6. DET – Boldy
    7. BUF – Zegras
    8. EDM – pick from Cozens, Turcotte, Byram, Tomasino, Brink, Kaliyev, Lavoie, Caufield, Soderstrom, Broberg.

I hope Podkolzin, Dach, Krebs, Boldy, and Zegras show well in whatever hockey they have left and have a great combine. Hughes and Kakko aren’t budging, but those 5 players have could wreak havoc on the top 8. Fingers crossed.

If Dach, Krebs, Boldy, Zegras and Podkolzin are still on the board I hope Edmonton would trade down at least 5 picks to grab another first round pick.

1. NJD – Hughes
    2. NYR – Kakko
    3. CHI – Trucotte
    4. COL – Byram
    5. LAK – Cozens
    6. DET – Soderstrom
    7. BUF – Newhook
    8. EDM – trade down, let the next 5 teams draft Dach, Krebs, Zegras, Boldy, Podkolzin and get another arrow in your quiver. Still on the table at 13: Tomasino, Brink, Kaliyev, Lavoie, Seider.

It’s remarkable how many smaller players are ranked in the first round this year:
    1. Hughes – 5’10”, 152lbs
    8. Caufield – 5’7″, 165lbs
    9. Zegras – 5’11”, 165lbs
    12. Krebs – 5’11” 175lbs
    13. Newhook – 5’11” 185lbs
    21. McMichael – 5’11”, 170lbs
    23. Brink – 5’10”, 165lbs
    25. Tomasino – 5’11”, 170lbs
    29. Pelletier – 5’9″, 160lbs
    30. Hoglander – 5’9″, 185lbs

Hughes is really slight. Caufield is very small, too.

Hughes’ size mixed with the fact that he was injured and that he was 6th on his own team in 5v5 Primary Pts/60, and that he didn’t increase his rate of scoring this year over last year with more help from linemates, I would seriously be considering Kakko if I was NJD. I think Hughes as generational or franchise player may be a bit overblown. I know his pts/gp still compares well with Matthews & Eichel but he kind of ran in spot this season and he doesn’t have the mature physicality that either Eichel or Matthews had at that age. Kakko seems more like a sure thing. Actually I think Turcotte might look like more of a sure thing, or Byram or even Cozens.

26. OriginalPouzar says:

Kale Kessy, yes, that Kale Kessy with a big hit on Benson.

27. OriginalPouzar says:

As an aside, Kessy played 15 AHL game this year with zero points and 81 PIM.

Shit, he played 35 ECHL games and was almost a PPG with 33 points – and 289 PIM.

I think he may need to see some Evan Polei this game.

28. Nix says:

Whatever Bear is or isn’t, that kid can make a simple 15 footer clean out like a champ.

29. Bulging Twine says:

OriginalPouzar:
    Kale Kessy, yes, that Kale Kessy with a big hit on Benson.

In the lineup to try to take Polei off his game?

Nix:

We used to call that a head-man pass in the 1970s

31. OriginalPouzar says:

Wow, some crazy pressure in the Eagle zone with the third line (Polei, Gust, Vesel and Lagesson)!

32. Bulging Twine says:

Shots were 4-0 Colorado now 7-5 BAK

33. Nix says:

Yaremchuk will never have heard of such a thing, much less have witnessed.

34. Glovjuice says:

OriginalPouzar: There is no doubt he’ll be in the lineup – the question is if they will go with 7D again and spot him at evens or if Woodcroft will dress 6D and give him a regular shift?

35. OriginalPouzar says:

10 minutes in and zero shifts for Bouchard.

36. OriginalPouzar says:

There is Bouch!

37. YKOil says:

Jaxon,

The way I see it, for Cozens to make it to #8,

– Byram goes top-5
    – Podkolzin can’t drop out of the top-7,
    – Caulfield or Kaliyev jumps into the top-7

That leaves some combination of Dach, Turcotte, Zegras, Krebs, Boldy to take the last two spots – which is entirely possible – and there it is, Cozens is the pick at #8.

Of course, I was at the draft yelling “Doan, Doan, Doan” with everyone else and we all know how that ended…

38. leadfarmer says:

Jaxon,

Hughes has great speed and skill. I would have no problems picking him 1
    No one is going to trade you a first round pick to trade up 5 spots
    Someone always goes off the board
    There is going to be a very good player available to us

39. leadfarmer says:

YKOil,

Would not surprise me if Caufield goes 7th

40. OriginalPouzar says:

Jones with some wonderful vision to set up Esposito for a high danger chance but, again, Francouz is the best player out there.

41. OriginalPouzar says:

Kessy is a menace out there – hitting everything he can with regard for legality.

He is heading to the box for hitting Marody from behind.

42. Nix says:

God the condors and jones in particular are everywhere. Is,..is this the swarm?

Jethro Tull: Petry, whilst a very competent player, was a mid 2nd round pick. Aim higher.

I meant 40 games in the AHL. In terms of player type, Larry Murphy is the model.

44. Jaxon says:

This would be the saddest order for me:
    1. NJD – Hughes
    2. NYR – Kakko
    3. CHI – Turcotte
    4. COL – Byram
    5. LAK – Cozens
    6. DET – Kaliyev
    7. BUF – Lavoie
    8. EDM – 🙁

I doubt they’d ‘reach’ for Tomasino or Brink, so that would mean Podkolzin, Zegras, Boldy, Dach, or Krebs. I think I’d hope for Podkolzin at that point just because I don’t know much about him whereas the numbers of the others don’t impress me much. Or maybe they’d go for Soderstrom which wouldn’t be all that bad to have another RHD coming up behind Bouchard, and Bear. Or Caufield who, although super small, he is on fire right now. It’s hard to get a bad player at #8, but, as an Oiler fan, I have a feeling we’ll try our hardest. I have a feeling they’d go Krebs, which is the worst option available at that point.

45. dolenator says:

Cheap shit through some of these goons out of the game

46. Nix says:

Marody clipped from behind and went to trainers room yet to return… Meanwhile with seconds left, Russell is also hit straight into the bench door with fisticuffs from Lowe and a condors powerplay ensuing.. Bouchard with a shot 1/2 second after the period ends that Colorado didnt much appreciate. Intense game.

47. OriginalPouzar says:

Glovjuice: These copy and pastes are funny. Sort of a cold feeling. Hard to explain. Maybe some psychologist can help me out.

Pardon?

48. YKOil says:

leadfarmer:
    YKOil,
    Would not surprise me if Caufield goes 7th

Agreed, if anyone is picking Caufield or Kaliyev early it will be Buffalo; Boldy is another outside pick for them.

We know 1 and 2. Hawks or Kings take Byram. The Avalanche will be choosing between Cozens, Turcotte, Krebs, Zegras and Dach. I see Detroit as the last, best, chance for Podkolzin to go in the top-7 and could also see them any of the centre mentioned.

Could see us taking Dach if Cozens is gone.

49. YKOil says:

godot10: I meant 40 games in the AHL.In terms of player type, Larry Murphy is the model.

I see a lot of Murphy there too. The passing skill is there and I also see Bouchard using his smarts to pick good skating lanes.

50. leadfarmer says:

YKOil,

It will be interesting cause Hawks kings and Avs especially Avs would rather pick a forward. Byram may fall to the wings.

51. Nix says:

Marody still out. Oof..

52. OriginalPouzar says:

Marvelous pass from Benson to Callahan for a breakaway and Mitch with a nice finish – 1-0 Condors!

Bear with the 2nd assist.

53. Westchester Oil says:

54. OriginalPouzar says:

Currie stopped on a clear cut breakaway – wow, crazy action in the 2nd – glad I didn’t head to bed.

55. OriginalPouzar says:

Real bad turnover by Esposito and the game is tied.

56. Rich M says:

Sounds like Kessy knocked himself out.

57. Nix says:

With just 10 forwards, might be a good time to try Day on wing and give more icetime to Bouchard.

58. Professor Q says:

How was there not a penalty shot there?

59. Professor Q says:

Wow. Sending Malone off after that is just a bunch of shyte.

Of course it happens to an Oilers affiliate.

60. Chaos Magician says:

Drai with a bunch of nice goals

61. dolenator says:

Professor Q</strong

Professor Q:
    Wow. Sending Malone off after that is just a bunch of shyte.

Of course it happens to an Oilers affiliate.

Argee reffing is shit this game

62. Nix says:

Well that was…unfortunate. Colorado takes the lead with literally half a second left in the second.

63. Pescador says:

Jaxon:
    This would be the saddest order for me:
    1. NJD – Hughes
    2. NYR – Kakko
    3. CHI – Turcotte
    4. COL – Byram
    5. LAK – Cozens
    6. DET – Kaliyev
    7. BUF – Lavoie
    8. EDM –

Jaxon,
    Love your draft posts, you always bring the goods this time of year.
    Oilers will draft one of Dach, Krebs or Zegras.
    Then pray to the gods that they turn into a top 6 winger.
    On a positive note; I have more faith than ever in the last 20 years in the current draft and development situation

64. Jaxon says:

Pescador: Jaxon,
    Love your draft posts, you always bring the goods this time of year.
    Oilers will draft one of Dach, Krebs or Zegras.
    Then pray to the gods that they turn into a top 6 winger.

65. Professor Q says:

Oh, what a beauty.

My first Bakersfield Bouch-Bomb.

66. Rich M says:

Russell with a shorty and the Condors are back up.

67. v4ance says:

Malone! 4-2 Condors!

68. Rich M says:

Lagesson with the primary assist (shot went in off Malone). Benson with his 3rd apple of the game.

69. Professor Q says:

‘Cause I’m all Malone;
    There’s no one here beside me.

My problems have all gone;
    There’s no one here to deride me.

…But you gotta have friends…

70. Oilpower says:

Such bush league reffing in the ahl! Just awful!

71. dolenator says:

This reffing is just sad. How is that delay of game if the goalie never shot it

72. Professor Q says:

dolenator:
    This reffing is just sad.How is that delay of game if the goalie never shot it

Well, you see, it went off the blocker, and the blocker is connected to stick.

Quite simple, really.

73. dolenator says:

Only beef with ahl tv is lack of replay on goals

74. dolenator says:

Still well worth the the money though

75. Professor Q says:

dolenator:
    Only beef with ahl tv is lack of replay on goals

76. v4ance says:

Follow: Y – Bakersfield Condors @Condors on Twitter. Replays about 5 mins after goals

77. dolenator says:

Professor Q,

Professor Q: Especially when the commentators comment on the replays of the plays, but you aren’t actually watching them, only they are.

There was a few when they were playing in Colorado zo head scratcher

78. dolenator says:

Professor Q: Well, you see, it went off the blocker, and the blocker is connected to stick.

Quite simple, really.

Lol

79. v4ance says:

Empty Netter, Game and series!

Onto San Diego and the Dark Lord Dallas Eakins

80. Pescador says:

leadfarmer:
    Jaxon,

If it makes you feel any better,
    That is how I run every draft regardless of year.
    People have their own traditions
    I have mine

81. Pescador says:

v4ance:
    Empty Netter, Game and series!

Onto San Diego and the Dark Lord Dallas Eakins

He’s more of a rubbish lieutenant than a Lord

82. JimmyV1965 says:

leadfarmer:
    Jaxon,

I really doubt you have to worry about it. If he somehow makes it to the Wings I can’t see how they pass on him.

83. Drew says:

OriginalPouzar: Pardon?

OriginalPouzar: Pardon?

is a cry for help. you are fine just ignore and hope they get it.

84. OriginalPouzar says:

Had to go to bed after 2 with the Condors trailing 2-1 (Eagles scored with 1 second left in the 2nd) – very happy to wake up to a 3-2 win and advancing to the 2nd round to face San Diego.

Bouchard with a PP goal early in the 3rd to tie it – not sure how much he played in the third but he barely played through 2 period – maybe 2 or 3 shifts.

P. Russell and B. Malone with important goals. Lagesson and Benson grabbing apples (3 for Benson on the game).

85. OriginalPouzar says:

Jaxon: Thanks. Sadly, it’s to the detriment of everything else I should be doing. One of these days I’m going to have to make the decision to cut the Oilers out of my life. Every once in a while, I think, “Ath the end of the year, or the end of my life, am I going to be glad I spent 500 hours a year typing comments about a bunch of grown men I don’t know, playing a sport for millions of dollars?” Somehow I don’t think so. That time may be better spent organizing a closet, learning guitar or a language, or writing something of more value to me personally or financially. But I’ll be back tomorrow. But again, thanks, it’s nice to be appreciated, haha.

What would make you happier today, April 28, 2019, typing comments about grown men playing a sport or organizing a closet? If its option A, then, go for it, do what you want to do today and enjoy it.

86. OriginalPouzar says:

dolenator:
    Only beef with ahl tv is lack of replay on goals

Depends on the venue – some of the venues, we get replays.

87. OriginalPouzar says:

Very nice set up by Benson on the Russell SH game winner:

88. OriginalPouzar says:

Bouch played maybe 5 minutes last night – barely at 5 on 5. It was a very intense and physical game last night and he was as sheltered as a player can be. I understand what Woodcroft is doing but, at the same time, this type of deployment doesn’t give a ton of info in to where Bouch is in his development and readiness from pro and NHL hockey. At some point we need to see him take some regular shifts. We know he will excel and produce in offensive opportunities but we need to see him defend, battle, retrieve pucks, etc.

89. Wilde says:

OriginalPouzar: Condors don’t open up round 2 against Eakins and San Diego until Friday. Hopefully that’s enough time for Marody to get over the effects of the dirty Kessy hit – maybe even enough time for Yamamoto to get healthy – he remains “day to day” but hasn’t played in a while now.

fuck the fucking eagles. i knew something like this was going to happen. they were bad in the regular season, so it’s not surprising that they’d ramp it up in the playoffs, and then again when /losing in the playoffs/.

Glovjuice: Maybe some psychologist can help me out.

debatable

Jaxon: learning guitar

overrated

(also keep posting jaxon)

Westchester Oil: I quickly looked at the Corsi numbers from Wilde – looks like the Condors, as a team, have had a CF% of about 63% for the first three games. Impressive.

for more detail, here’s the game-by-game of the first three:

[ game – cf / / ca (%) ]

GAME ONE – 60 / / 47 (56.1%)

GAME TWO – 53 / / 24 (68.8%)

GAME THREE – 69 / / 28 (71.1%)

90. OriginalPouzar says:

Psst, Wilde, I know the two of us often differ with respect to eye test analysis of the game vis-a-vis some of the fancies, however, I do appreciate all your hard work, both with the numbers and video analysis you have done. Your work in this regard is invaluable and irreplaceable.

91. OriginalPouzar says:

Recall Samorukov’s amazing performance on Friday facing elimination – 3G/1A, plus 3, 7 shots (2 beautiful rush goals taking the puck down low from the point) in a 4-0 win.

What will he do today?

May have to purchase this single game on OHL.com

92. Wilde says:

OriginalPouzar,

Of course, yours is a critique (of all that I invite) that is always among the most impersonal – in a good way

93. Professor Q says:

OriginalPouzar:

P. Russell and B. Malone with important goals.Lagesson and Benson grabbing apples (3 for Benson on the game).

It was a 5-2 win, by the way. If it makes things a bit better.

Bouchard surely played more than 5 minutes, non? PP time and more? A Bouch-Bomb from his only shot, even (literally even in +-)?

Lovely breakout passes from his own end to almost-offside players? To me it seemed as though he was almost always on.

Surely that had to constitute more than 5 minutes. Where does one find TOI, anyway?

94. OriginalPouzar says:

Professor Q: It was a 5-2 win, by the way. If it makes things a bit better.

Nothing official in the way of ice time stats. He barely played in the first, maybe two shifts. Similar in the 2nd. As I said, I didn’t see the third. I believe it was McCurdy that is doing game grades for the Condor playoff games and, in his grade of Bouchard, he mentioned that he played about 5 min which lines up with deployment through 2 periods.

95. Bulging Twine says:

OriginalPouzar: What would make you happier today, April 28, 2019, typing comments about grown men playing a sport or organizing a closet?If its option A, then, go for it, do what you want to do today and enjoy it.

Sounds like he’s wrestling with questions relating to purpose and meaning.

Many, many say pursuing happiness doesn’t over the long haul actually produce happiness. Rather pursuing meaning and purpose actually results in happiness.

96. Bulging Twine says:

OriginalPouzar:

Any word on what Marody’s injury was? Did it look like a head shot?

97. gimme shelter says:

From what I gleaned from the stats, Bouchard was in the box for Shane. Means either he is a rookie or not trusted on the PK. Not good development.

98. Professor Q says:

Bulging Twine: Any word on what Marody’s injury was?Did it look like a head shot?

Could be a variety of things. He was already hit once, so he was off balance before Kessy hit him from behind.

So whatever Kessy did with his hit was exacerbated.