Moving Day

At the 2010 draft, Edmonton general manager Steve Tambellini wanted to move out some players. Names who were mentioned leading up to the week included Sheldon Souray; Ethan Moreau; Robert Nilsson; Patrick O’Sullivan plus youngster Andrew Cogliano and Riley Nash along with one goalie, either Devan Dubnyk or Jeff Deslauriers.

The main draft plan (according to reports) was to deal for a pick and then use that pick and No. 31 overall in order to move up and draft Dylan McIlrath. Edmonton couldn’t get all the way there, so dealt Riley Nash and picked Martin Marincin in the second round instead. History tells us that was a better move than the aggressive one.

THE ATHLETIC!

The Athletic Edmonton features a fabulous cluster of stories (some linked below, some on the site). Great perspective from a ridiculous group of writers and analysts. Proud to be part of The Athletic, check it out here.

A decade of player trades at the draft

I’m always sifting through old Lowetide posts in search of new angles to talk about and came across an incredible string of draft weekend trades by Edmonton. I’m not going to rank them, but rest assured several of these are rank of the highest order.

In 2010, Tambellini traded a 2010 sixth-round pick for Colin Fraser (small move, no quarrel), Riley Nash for pick No. 46 (Martin Marincin) which represented a net loss but Nash wasn’t going to sign with Edmonton. In 2011, Tambellini spent the first round being irritated by James Duthie, who (as a reporter) asked about the pending Ryan Smyth acquisition when Edmonton selected Nuge and Klefbom. That was June 24. Fraser and a depth pick went to LAK for Smyth on June 26.

Craig MacTavish was general manager in 2013 and his draft weekend trade remains one of my favourite in team history. MacT dealt the No. 37 pick to LAK for pick 57 (which he would also trade), pick 88 (Anton Slepyshev), pick 96 (Kyle Platzer). Pick 57 was sent to St. Louis (who chose William Carrier) for picks 83 (Bogdan Yakimov), 94 (Jackson Houck) and 113 (Aidan Muir). The deal didn’t work out (for anyone, really) but I applaud the innovation.

We now arrive at the real reason for today’s post: Peter Chiarelli’s draft weekend moves. In 2015, clearly charged with turning the team’s fortunes around in a hurry, he dealt picks 16 (Mathew Barzal) and 33 (Mitchell Stephens) for Griffin Reinhart, who would eventually help as the lost pick in expansion to Vegas. A more miserable trade is difficult to imagine, although the Miro Satan deal remains No. 1 on my list for now.

Chiarelli traded 2015 pick No. 57 (Jonas Siegenthaler), 79 (Sergey Zborovskiy) and 184 (Adam Huska) for Cam Talbot and pick No. 209 (Ziyat Paigin). I was fine with that trade, then and now, Talbot was fire in the spring of 2017 and I’ll remember that year forever.

Chiarelli dealt Martin Marincin for a fourth-round pick which he then traded for Eric Gryba. I didn’t like the deal, mostly because Marincin is a player I liked, but it wasn’t a tragedy.

Edmonton hasn’t made a draft weekend trade involving players since. During the 2017 draft, the Oilers traded up to get goaltender Stuart Skinner at No. 78. The team gave up pick 82 (Cameron Crotty) and pick 126 (Michael Karow). In 2018, Edmonton traded up to No. 62 by dealing No. 71 (Jordan Harris) and No. 133 (Samuel Houde).

Tambellini’s assets

Let’s go back to that list off players who were being dangled to other NHL teams a decade ago at the 2010 draft. It’s a long list and the return, taken as a whole, borders on comedy.

• Riley Nash: Traded to Carolina for pick used on Marincin
  • Patrick O’Sullivan: Bought out June 29, 2010
  • Ethan Moreau: Claimed by Columbus June 30, 2010
  • Patrick O’Sullivan: Traded to Arizona for Jim Vandermeer
  • Sheldon Souray: Contract buyout on June 30, 2011
  • Jeff Deslauriers: Signed free agent contract with Anaheim July 9, 2011
  • Andrew Cogliano: Traded for a 2013 second-round pick, July 12, 2011
  • Devan Dubnyk: Traded to Nashville for Matt Hendricks June 15, 2014

That’s very little return for a group that includes some fine talent. Devan Dubnyk, Andrew Cogliano, Riley Nash would play important roles for years with their new teams, Souray was a legit veteran with some more miles left in him. This is damning. Note: The Dubnyk trade was made by MacTavish.

Holland’s Assets

It’s fairly certain Ken Holland will get more via trade than Tambellini, MacTavish and Chiarelli during their time in the general manager’s chair. In just a little over one year, Holland made truly impressive deals (Lucic for Neal offed a staggering contract) and a fascinating big bet (Athanasiou) that gave up riches but has a chance to be a good fit for Oilers needs. I see the AA bet as similar to the Cam Talbot trade. Here are the Holland assets between now and the end of draft Sunday 2020:

• R Alex Chiasson (duplicated by Kassian)
  • LD Kris Russell (exceeded by Jones)
  • RD Matt Benning (Bouchard is close or already there)
  • LC Jujhar Khaira (even strength work poor)

We’ll track this as time goes on but Holland’s work in Edmonton so far suggests he will get more than Matt Hendricks and a second-round pick for these assets. I’ll be watching with interest in the coming months.

LOWDOWN WITH LOWETIDE

A fun show this morning, the band gets back together at 10, TSN1260. Jason Logan from The Score will talk golf balls not going in the damned hole at the Charles Schwab tournament this weekend, and Brandon Wile from The Score talks baseball madness at 10:40. Jason Gregor from TSN1260 gives us an Oilers and NHL update at 11. 10-1260 text, @Lowetide twitter. See you on the radio!

130 Responses to "Moving Day"

1. OriginalPouzar says:

Hopefully in 3 years we aren’t talking about poor value received in a Puljujarvi draft trade.

Come on back to the fold Jesse – all will be forgiven if you work hard.

2. OriginalPouzar says:

I think the most likely draft trade for the Oilers this off-season, whenever that may be, will be the acquisition of a pick or two (non-first round).

I’m not necessarily for it (nor necessarily against it) at this point, as I’ll have to see Green in the playoffs, but I do see Holland looking to re-sign Green, even for a couple of years, and trading Benning for a pick (or potentially a player or combo).

I didn’t put JP on the trade list because I don’t think he’s going to be dealt. If there’s a chance to keep him my bet is Holland takes the player.

4. Brantford Boy says:

LT: “a fascinating big bet (Athanasiou) that gave up riches but has a chance to be a good fit for Oilers needs. I see the AA bet as similar to the Cam Talbot trade.”

Good take, I never looked at it that way… clearly an angle that we needed to cover… then with Talbot (which I feel was telegraphed internally almost as high as Broberg), and now with LW and most importantly speed.

Although we lost the trade itself, I always liked Matt Hendricks in our lineup… although Matt’s version of winning a “cup” might differ than most players…

Cheers!

5. BornInAGretzkyJersey says:

“In 2011, Tambellini spent the first round being irritated by James Duthie, who (as a reporter) asked about the pending Ryan Smyth acquisition when Edmonton selected Nuge and Klefbom. That was June 24. Fraser and a depth pick went to LAK for Smyth on June 26. ”

If I recall correctly, that was a fairly telegraphed trade. Wasn’t Gilbert Brule supposed to be the player initially traded and he failed a medical? So Fraser was his replacement?

And for what it’s worth, one of the things I miss most about TSN losing Oilers broadcasts is James Duthie at the helm of the panel and his silky smooth segues between commentators. What a talented individual.

6. SkatinginSand says:

BornInAGretzkyJersey,

What I miss about TSN losing Oiler and national broadcast rights is….. everything.

7. BornInAGretzkyJersey says:

SkatinginSand,

Touché.

8. jtblack says:

9. JimmyV1965 says:

OriginalPouzar:

Come on back to the fold Jesse – all will be forgiven if you work hard.

Holland clearly has the patience of Jobe. He tried to trade JP, didn’t like the offers, so he let the kid run off to Finland rather than accept a bad deal. If Holland accepts an underwhelming trade this year, I might be disappointed, but fully confident the GM did everything possible to maximize the return. The best outcome is JP returning to the team, which actually seems like a possibility, thanks to the patience of the GM.

jtblack: if JP chose to sign / play with the Oilers could he be available for the playoffs?

11. Reja says:

What the organization did to Sheldon Souray was just plain nasty. Never did hear the full story from the horses mouth just bits and pieces, this man’s career was sacked for no other apparent reason than spite.

12. BONE207 says:

LT… I’m not going to rank them, but rest assured several of these are rank of the highest order.

Nice job LT.
    Old Dutch has put the calm back into the role of GM sparing our PTSD souls. For a change, the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t a train.

13. Harpers Hair says:

Roman Polak signs a 3 year contract in the Czech league and doesn’t want to return to Dallas for the playoffs.

14. Harpers Hair says:

SkatinginSand:
    BornInAGretzkyJersey,

15. dustrock says:

I just don’t see any value in trading him right now unless it’s for a first. Nobody is going to take a gamble for anything worthwhile (although if Carolina struggles who knows with their Finn contingent).

Not sure it’s really a distraction for the team in the way that holdouts could be.

I’m not convinced JP has the hockey IQ to he à star player in the NHL but my god it would be a huge, huge thing if Puljujarvi and Yamamoto were our top 2 RW for the next 5 years.

I’d definitely be encouraging all parties to bury the spoiled pizza and try again.

16. JimmyV1965 says:

Reja:
    What the organizationdid to Sheldon Souray was just plain nasty. Never did hear the full story from the horses mouth just bits and pieces, this man’s career was sacked for no other apparent reasonthan spite.

Winning was clearly not the team’s top priority. Souray had value. Souray could have been traded. But the GM trashed any of that value because of feelings. Just a staggering, monumental blunder that you would expect from a 15 year old.

17. hunter1909 says:

Reja:

Yet there are those who deify the pricks responsible.

18. JimmyV1965 says:

dustrock:

I don’t think JPs trade value will ever be higher than it is right now, until he returns to the NHL. The GM has clearly demonstrated he’s willing to let the player sit rather than accept what he considers a bad deal. I don’t think another year in Europe will do anything but erode the player’s trade value even further. If I’m the GM, I take the best offer I get this year. Of course, the best outcome is JP returning to the Oilers.

19. leadfarmer says:

Lowetide: No.

Have they clarified the Kaprizov situation. Last I heard 95% change Kaprizov wasn’t going to come for at least another season because he couldn’t sign but nothing was finalized

20. defmn says:

JimmyV1965: I don’t think JPs trade value will ever be higher than it is right now, until he returns to the NHL. The GM has clearly demonstrated he’s willing to let the player sit rather than accept what he considers a bad deal.I don’t think another year in Europe will do anything but erode the player’s trade value even further. If I’m the GM, I take the best offer I get this year. Of course, the best outcome is JP returning to the Oilers.

It was why I suggested that the Oilers might sign him and lend him to Karpat for the coming season until I was reminded that waivers would make that impossible.

He has only just turned 22 last month so it isn’t like it is now or never. I do think that Tippett and company are more than capable of bringing him along but I wonder if the extra year in Finland might not be good for his maturity level. We don’t all ‘grow up’ at the same age and the Oilers will only get one more chance with this kid if they get that.

Unusual situations call for creative solutions so a suggestion I would make to him is that if he wants to stay in Finland one more year the Oilers hire somebody to live there and act as a type of cultural mentor for lack of a better expression.

Somebody who can help him work on his English, talk to him about life in North America, hang out a couple of hours or days a week etc.

Given how much NHL teams invest in high draft picks this would seem to me to be a fairly low cost investment. They must know a retired NHL hockey player over there who might be a good fit.

21. OriginalPouzar says:

That 2013 deal could still work out for the Oilers – they still have the rights to both Yakimov and Slepyshev.

Of course, with Slepy signing for 2-years in the KHL, he’s non-eligible to return in that period and will be a UFA at the end and Yakimov, well, he’s no more than a bit player in the KHL.

22. Hitman77 says:

BornInAGretzkyJersey:

If I recall correctly, that was a fairly telegraphed trade.Wasn’t Gilbert Brule supposed to be the player initially traded and he failed a medical?So Fraser was his replacement?

And for what it’s worth, one of the things I miss most about TSN losing Oilers broadcasts is James Duthie at the helm of the panel and his silky smooth segues between commentators.What a talented individual.

Duthie would make a great host for Hockey Night In Canada once Ron MacLean retires.

23. OriginalPouzar says:

100% I would rather him return to the team than to trade him for a middling return (I don’t believe a 1st round pick will be available).

This is 100% up to the player and, yes, there seems to be more positive momentum on a potential return that we’ve had in a year. Gazolla had a tidbit on the Locked On Oilers podcast on the weekend as well which promotes the “never say never” mantra.

He hasn’t re-signed yet in Karpat (which deal would have an out clause so it wouldn’t preclude the return) but he also hasn’t signed in the KHL yet which would preclude a return – I hear there is interest from a few KHL teams and their camps start in July I think…..

24. Hitman77 says:

Harpers Hair: There is some scuttlebutt that both the Oilers and Flames regional rights may soon revert to TSN.

I’ve always enjoyed TSN’s hockey presentation over Sportsnet’s.

25. defmn says:

MurphysLaw74
    @MurphysLaw74
    · 1h
    #NHLBruins
    F David Pastrnak tells media “For me, its no question #LetsGoOilers
    F Leon Draisaitl should get Hart Trophy.”

@BOSHockeyNow

26. OriginalPouzar says:

The premise of the Reinhart trade remains solid, in my opinion.

The issue, to me, is it was executed for Griffin Reinhart and not Dougie Hamilton.

27. PennersPancakes says:

OriginalPouzar:

So it wont then?

28. OriginalPouzar says:

A great boon would be if Holland could move Chiasson for a mid-pick and his spot on the roster taken by Jesse Puljujarvi at less than half the cap hit.

Work case scenario, Jesse busts out and the Oilers have lots Chiasson as a down-low PP option (where he has value).

29. OriginalPouzar says:

PennersPancakes: So it wont then?

Of course not – I’m just having fun.

30. PennersPancakes says:

OriginalPouzar:
    The premise of the Reinhart trade remains solid, in my opinion.

LHD vs RHD, AHL dropout vs All-Star. The backlash is very clearly over the huge gap in value. I dont believe this is a unique perspective.

31. PennersPancakes says:

OriginalPouzar: Of course not – I’m just having fun.

Agh, sorry for coming across short/rude. I must be bummed out thinking about some of the failed drafts/trades.

32. Reja says:

defmn: While I agree that another year in Europe is unlikely to increase Jesse’s trade value I am not as certain that it won’t benefit him as a player. His HC in Karpat is on record as saying this and I tend to think he could be right.

Of course the HC wants Jesse to return for another year of development Jesse puts folks in the stands and makes the coach look good. Jesse and his agent tried playing chicken with Holland big mistake. Unless Holland gets close to what he’s asking for Jesse he might see himself developing in arguably the 5th to 10th best league in the world until he’s UFA.

33. SkatinginSand says:

I cannot remember where I heard it, but the story was that Calgary’s broadcasts were not producing much of a market and Rogers was not willing to spend much to keep them. On the other hand, the Oilers had an excellent market share and Rogers would be willing to go much higher to retain the rights.

If my recollections are incorrect, please set me straight.

34. who says:

OriginalPouzar:

So then, how will that deal “work out for the Oilers”?

35. Spartacus says:

SkatinginSand:
    BornInAGretzkyJersey,

I agree that TSN knows how to host a hockey game. The problem was that TSN only broadcast Oilers games about twice a year; when the Oilers played the Leafs or Habs on a Wednesday night.

I appreciate that Sportsnet even has a dedicated Oilers channel for days when all the other channels are busy with… whatever the programmer imagines is more important than an Oilers game.

Drew Remenda and Gene Principe don’t bother me… I’m just happy to be able to see the games.

36. defmn says:

Reja: Of course the HC wants Jesse to return for another year of development Jesse puts folks in the stands and makes the coach look good. Jesse and his agent tried playing chicken with Holland big mistake. Unless Holland gets close to what he’s asking for Jesse he might see himself developing in arguably the 5th to 10th best league in the world untilhe’s UFA.

If he is ready and willing to return that is great but I have no problem with the team taking another year to get it right either. Not every kid grows up at 18 or even 22.

What I am opposed to is trading him for a 2nd or worse.

37. OriginalPouzar says:

Will be interesting to see where they get to with the signing bonus payments that are scheduled to be paid on July 1.

Over $300MM of signing bonuses are scheduled to be paid (Leafs alone have $61MM to pay).

As per John Shannon, most agents he’s spoken too are expecting the players will get paid but its not been made official.

“July 1” isn’t “July 1” this year vis-a-vis hockey dates.

38. OriginalPouzar says:

who: So then, how will that deal “work out for the Oilers”?

39. Reja says:

defmn: As I said I happen to agree with the HC that another year in Karpat might be good for Jesse. He is 4 months older than Yamomoto so there is time if he needs it.

What I am opposed to is trading him for a 2nd or worse.

I myself see Jesse in 1 of 3 places come November firstly traded to the Hurricanes for a 1st. Secondly staying put at mama’s place. Thirdly the one I see most happening is the lure of rubles in the KHL.

40. defmn says:

Reja: I myself see Jesse in 1 of 3 places come November firstly traded to the Hurricanes for a 1st. Secondlystaying put atmama’s place. Thirdly the one I see most happening is the lure of rubles in the KHL.

I just think Holland is a very patient guy. One of the benefits of having done this job for a long time.

I have no hard feelings towards Jesse though. I think he made a mistake but then I remember my own youth and all the dumb things I did. 😉

41. John Chambers says:

Eg.
    Athanasiou – McDavid – Kassian
    Neal – Draisaitl – Yamamoto
    Ennis – Nuge – Puljujarvi

Nygard – Sheahan – Archibald
    Khaira – Haas – Chiasson

There’s enough talent for three scoring lines, and an extraordinary 4th line. Give Russel’s money to Bear and we’re locked and loaded. Also, Benson likely replaces Neal at some point.

42. leadfarmer says:

The one player I’m interested in seeing is AA.
    He had plenty of time to regroup and hopefully gain some confidence
    As an Oiler fan we know a lot about shattered confidence but we’re typically trading that player away

43. Reja says:

defmn: The KHL is definitely a possibility. If the Oilers can get a first for Jesse I say go for it but I don’t think many see that as a possibility. I don’t know because I am terrible at trade value as a rule.

I have no hard feelings towards Jesse though. I think he made a mistake but then I remember my own youth and all the dumb things I did.?

I hear you on the dumb choices I made as a young adult but it didn’t involve everyone’s dream on this blog of playing in the NHL never mind millions upon millions of dollars. Jesse walked out on his team I know the Lindros scenario was different but he was dogged with it his whole career. If Jesse came out today and said he fuked up and would like a shot at earning a spot on the team I think Holland and the team would take him back with open arms. I can’t see this happening as him and his agent have dug in.

44. dustrock says:

Do you think he can duplicate that?

45. Reja says:

Final NHL scoring statistics for the 2019-2020 season
    1. Leon Draisaitl EDM 110pts
    2. CONNOR McDAVID 97pts
    3. David Pastrnak 95pts
    4. Artemi Panarin 95pts
    5. NATHAN MACKINNON 93pts

46. who says:

OriginalPouzar: No fun zone I guess – Just having fun – its clearly not going to workout – just having fun posting that, technically, Oilers still have the rights for those two players.

Okay???

47. OriginalPouzar says:

He had to sign by December 1, 2019 to be eligible to play in the NHL this season.

48. Reja says:

leadfarmer:
    The one player I’m interested in seeing is AA.
    He had plenty of time to regroup and hopefully gain some confidence

He must of had a nagging injury he sure was playing timidly for 6 or 7 games out of the 9 games he played. Andreas will be a 20 plus goal scorer on a cost controlled contract for us moving forward well worth 2 seconds

49. N64 says:

Reja: Final NHL scoring statistics for the 2019-2020 season
    1. Leon Draisaitl EDM 110pts
    2. CONNOR McDAVID 97pts
    3. DavidPastrnak95pts
    4. Artemi Panarin 95pts
    5. NATHAN MACKINNON 93pts

50. OriginalPouzar says:

AHL has formed a strategic task force to guide the AHL in their Return to Play strategy.

There are a few NHL general manager on the task force (among others). Ken Holland is on the task force.

I really hope the AHL can commence along side the NHL next season.

So many negative ramifications if it can’t (for player development as well as additional logistics to figure out with respect to NHL call-ups, etc.).

The organization (and player) have a solution for Samorukov (playing in the KHL) but we need Rodrigue, Lavoie, Maksimov, McLeod, etc. playing hockey and developing.

Stupid virus.

51. Brantford Boy says:

Spartacus: People get irritated with Sportsnet, but at least they air Oilers games. ALL of the Oilers games. It was only a few years ago that you couldn’t watch all the Oilers games on TV, even if you were willing to pay extra.

I assume you live in SportNet West region or do you know something that I don’t? I’m probably on my 5th straight year of having to buy the NHL Centre Ice package because on the west coast (Pacific) we don’t get any games unless they’re playing the Canucks or it’s a national broadcast. I’ve even tried to pay for just the West feed separately but that didn’t work either, it was still blacked out. If you’ve figured out a loop hole and aren’t living in the SportNet West region please share… cheers!

52. Reja says:

N64: Well points aren’t the whole story and you have to factor in what the player did to drag his team into the 16 playoff spots. So I guess I understand putting MacKinnon ahead of…… McDavid for the runner up behind Drai.

Me and HH had a $100 bet that we placed half-way through the season which is unpaid ( welching) . I would have let him of the hook because of the shortened season but he took such great pleasure when Mcdavid went down and was rubbing it in enough to piss me off. Then Leon the Lion emerged from the ashes to carry the team and win the hart. When Mcdavid surprisingly returned early and proceeded to blow by Mackinnon like he was standing at a bus stop in Newfiefill, all was well in Oilerland.

53. defmn says:

Ryan Reaves has some unfinished business with the Vegas Golden Knights. Reaves has been with the Golden Knights for each of their three seasons, and he’ll be back for the next two, the right-winger announced himself via Twitter. The terms of the deal were revealed in the team announcement. Reaves will make $1.75MM per seaso

=============================

Not sure if this is indicative of anything but this is only the second signing over $1M since April so thought it was of interest as we speculate on UFA contracts with a flat cap.

Reaves was on a $2.755M contract but is 33 and has to be slowing down given the role he plays.

Anyway, he took a $1M cut to get two more years.

54. N64 says:

Bill Shaikin
    @BillShaikin
    Source: In a letter today, MLB told the MLBPA there would be no 2020 season unless the players waived any legal claims against the league.

~ Very kind of the PA and MLB to clear the summer TV for NBA and NHL playoffs. ~

Hockey and Basketball are super-motivated to fulfill their TV contracts through expanded playoffs. Especially hockey which likely does a CBA extension to address the revenue issues beyond the season.

Baseball has to adjust to losing gate revenue for large stadiums x 162 games. Not viable unless the billionaires and millions are will to carve something other than each other.

55. Kinger_Oil.redux says:

N64:
    Bill Shaikin
    @BillShaikin

– I sit on the board of a company. Consideration for the health and safety of employees with COVID is way up there. Companies in a litigation-based society are very worried that an employee sues them for not providing a safe working environment.

– That’s why for many sports or recreation clubs, or even Trump’s rally: they are requiring people to sign waivers to indemnify them. If anyone choses to be in a social gathering, they ought to do it at their own risk, and wiaver any right to liability.

56. Kinger_Oil.redux says:

N64:
    Bill Shaikin
    @BillShaikin

– I sit on the board of a company. Consideration for the health and safety of employees is way up there. Companies in a litigation-based society are very worried that an employee sues them for not providing a safe working environment, where they get sick.

57. OriginalPouzar says:

I think I had posted this a few days ago but the ESPN special with 6 pro sport commissioners talking Return to Play airs tonight at 7 (mountain). TSN is showing it.

58. Kinger_Oil.redux says:

– hmmm: my comment got stuck in moderation: Test?

– I sit on the board of a company. Consideration for the health and safety of employees is way up there. The amount of legal opnions we have gone through is astonishing. Companies in a litigation-based society are very worried that an employee sues them for not providing a safe working environment, where they get sick.

– That’s why for many sports or recreation clubs, or even political rallies: they are requiring people to sign waivers to indemnify them. If anyone choses to be in a social gathering, they ought to do it at their own risk, and wiaver any right to liability.

59. defmn says:

Kinger_Oil.redux:
    –hmmm: my comment got stuck in moderation: Test?

– I sit on the board of a company. Consideration for the health and safety of employees is way up there.The amount of legal opnions we have gone through is astonishing.Companies in a litigation-based society are very worried that an employee sues them for not providing a safe working environment, where they get sick.

And even then you know there will be lawsuits.

60. N64 says:

Kinger_Oil.redux:
    –hmmm: my comment got stuck in moderation: Test?

In the case of the MLB it’s about more than covid risk waivers.

The commissioner had been talking about mandating a season and the PA indicated they might comply, but would reserve the right to grieve and sue. The MLB indicating they won’t accept that exposure seems to mean no season without an agreement. So odds of any season are dropping.

61. Munny says:

62. Munny says:

defmn: And even then you know there will be lawsuits.

63. OriginalPouzar says:

Harpers Hair:

Whoa – some interesting stuff in there.

Seems like he’s hit Nill and Stars with this out of nowhere – he’s been on team calls over the last few weeks and didn’t say anything.

Sounds like (a) he wasn’t happy with his role and (b) he thinks he might get injured coming back and playing after a 3-week camp.

Says he’ll come back if the team really wants him to but he’d rather now.

64. OriginalPouzar says:

dustrock:

I think the likelihood that he can be a strong 2-way middle six player is decently high and there is a solid chance he can be a complementary piece in the top 6. 20G and 50P is nothing to sneeze at.

Not saying he’ll for sure be a top 6 player but its a reasonable bet, as is a strong middle-six guy.

For a nominal cap hit, I really hope he comes back – better option than a middling trade return – not that I sneeze at 2nd round picks but still.

65. OriginalPouzar says:

hunter1909: Yet there are those who deify the pricks responsible.

There are also those that take personal experiences with alcoholism and extrapolate to pass vicious judgement on others that suffer.

66. OriginalPouzar says:

PennersPancakes,

No worries – you didn’t come off rude to me – although others did (intentionally).

67. OriginalPouzar says:

I take Karpat’s coach’s word with a grain of salt – of course he wants one of the best players in the league back on his team.

Recall Ken Hitchcock’s words regarding Jesse when hired – adamant he could “fix him” (not Hitch’s words) and convinced the GM to recall him after 4 games in the minor leagues.

Sigh – Hitch.

68. OriginalPouzar says:

Spartacus: I agree that TSN knows how to host a hockey game.The problem was that TSN only broadcast Oilers games about twice a year; when the Oilers played the Leafs or Habs on a Wednesday night.

People get irritated with Sportsnet, but at least they air Oilers games.ALL of the Oilers games.It was only a few years ago that you couldn’t watch all the Oilers games on TV, even if you were willing to pay extra.

I will not complain about Oilers broadcasts (well, maybe the odd quip here or there) – the fact that all 82 games are viewable is a contrast to my days growing up (pre and post PPV).

With that said, I think its been quite a long time since all games weren’t available on TV (in the Oilers viewing region), no? I”m thinking at least 10 if not 20 years, no?

69. OriginalPouzar says:

What I am opposed to is trading him for a 2nd or worse.

May i ask what you are basing your agreement with Karpat’s coach on?

Aside from his words, why do you think another year of growing up is needed?

It may very well be needed but I’m wondering where your opinion comes from?

I could be wrong here but I’m guessing you haven’t been watching his games in Karpat, etc?

From accounts, he has matured on the ice and developed as a player – regained his confidence and love for the game, etc.

He is also a year removed from hip surgery.

I’m not sure another year in Liiga will do much for his development on the ice – it may, none of us know, of course, but I think the time is right to come back – I could be wrong.

70. OriginalPouzar says:

71. defmn says:

Munny: This reminds me of a Richard Crenna movie back in the 80s with a supper scene where Crenna is explaining to his family that despite the waiver of liability on the back of a hockey ticket, a kid who was cut for something like 10 stitches by a puck would still get something like $10k a stitch.

Yeah. Somewhere along the way the legal system meandered from the rule of law to the rule of lawyers.

72. OriginalPouzar says:

John Chambers: If Puljujarvi is coming back next season I think the team blueprint should revolve around the “Centres 3”:

Eg.
    Athanasiou – McDavid – Kassian
    Neal – Draisaitl – Yamamoto
    Ennis – Nuge – Puljujarvi

Nygard – Sheahan – Archibald
    Khaira – Haas – Chiasson

Could be but I think that, aside from injury fill in, Nuge is now a top 6 winger and, ultimately, if Connor’s right wing can be filled elsewhere, having Kassian as 3RW (and Archie at 4RW) is the type of depth that wins championships.

Now, of course, no guarantee that Jesse can play 1RW with McDavid – the numbers indicate he can but those numbers don’t jive with the eye test in 407 minutes.

It would be an absolute boon if Jesse could fill that 1RW spot.

Puljujarvi can replace Chiasson on the roster and on the right wing for less than half the price and, yes, I do think Chiasson’s one year can be moved.

I also don’t see a long term deal for Bear this off-season – I think it will be a one year term and in the $2M range

73. OriginalPouzar says:

Jonathan Willis
    @JonathanWillis
    1h
    Some personal news: I have accepted a job outside media. This was a difficult decision to make, but it felt like the right one for me.

The plan is that I will continue writing for
    @TheAthleticEDM
    , but no longer in a full-time role.

74. OriginalPouzar says:

leadfarmer:
    The one player I’m interested in seeing is AA.
    He had plenty of time to regroup and hopefully gain some confidence

I think the biggest boon for AA will be training camp – the ability to listen to and learn from Coach T. and to learn the systems – also a chance for Coach T. to learn what the player himself requires for motivation, how the player learns best, etc.

75. OriginalPouzar says:

defmn:

=============================

Anyway, he took a $1M cut to get two more years.

What i find interesting, but expected, about this contract is that its back-loaded.

I anticipate that most of the larger contracts for term will be backloaded as escrow will, presumably, be at its highest this coming season and reduce year over year for a bit.

76. OriginalPouzar says:

Munny: This scuttlebutt seems to conflict with the scuttlebutt that Cuthbert has signed with SN.

77. N64 says:

OriginalPouzar: I don’t anticipate Cuthbert will be anywhere near regional Oilers or flames broadcasts.

That’s a national broadcast signing.

78. N64 says:

OriginalPouzar: May i ask what you are basing your agreement with Karpat’s coach on?

~ Karpat Tunnel Syndrome ~

79. defmn says:

N64: ~ Karpat Tunnel Syndrome ~

That’s funny. 😉

80. Reja says:

OriginalPouzar: Whoa – some interesting stuff in there.

Says he’ll come back if the team really wants him to but he’d rather now.

I’m calling it Oilers and Stars are going to meet each other in this years playoff and Polak knew it and was frightened he was going to get a another whopping from Nurse. I just watched the highlight Nurse was only 19 but the league took notice.

81. Reja says:

OriginalPouzar: Yup, probably won’t ever be an NHL star but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a valuable piece to the team.

82. Kinger_Oil.redux says:

– He was such a great actor, was in some terrific movies, co starred with Steve McQueen in the amazing Sand Pebbles, Leviathan, Body Heat, of course Karate Kid, Favourite caracter in Kinger’s mind was as Rambo’s “handler”

Crenna (aka Colonel Trautman)”“Let me tell you a story, John. There was a sculptor. He found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months until he finally finished it. When he was ready he showed it to his friends. They said he had created a great masterpiece, but the sculptor said he hadn’t created anything. The statue was always there, he just chipped away the rough edges. You’re always going to be tearing away at yourself until you come to terms with who you are. Until you come full circle.”

“- Col. Samuel Trautman (Crenna): How will you live, John?
    – Rambo: Day by day.”

83. Reja says:

OriginalPouzar: The issue with him signing in the KHL as it precludes and NHL return during the season and I believe their camps start in July for a September start – not alot of time to decide on that one.

84. N64 says:

defmn: That’s funny.?

Yeah, I think the best way to look at Jesse is whatever he KNOWS he is ready for is best. If he’s ready to place a confident bet on himself in Oil silks fine, otherwise more Karpat which was good for him this year. It’s not really about getting most points in Karpat, just digging deeper into his game wherever he’s ready.

85. N64 says:

Reja: If he signs for 3 years in Russia I believe he’ll be a free agent correct me if I’m wrong. I can see this happening unless a GM Is willing to roll a first rounder several teams have multiple picks in the first round.

86. Reja says:

N64: I can see him here this next season or the one after rather than waiting 3 years. Kid is going to turn out fine

In my best Jim Carrey voice. So you’re saying there’s a chance.

87. OriginalPouzar says:

Bettman on the ESPN special tonight – his interview was maybe 5 minutes long and, really, the questions didn’t lead to anything that any of us paying attention didn’t already know.

Is it safe to play? Relying on medical experts. Focused, jointly with the players, to adhere to the protocols that will be very strict. Lots of testing. Two health issues: COVID 19 (relying on experts) and, also, getting back in to game shape – hence why flexible on dating.

Testing Protocol and Positive Tests: Players and personnel will be test daily. A positive test will lead to isolation and will monitor via contact tracing. An outbreak would be different. Given the bubble “should be” COVID-19 free. Players are also tested in phase 2 and phase 3 so, prior to phase 4, should be in good shape.

Format being “Consistent with Integrity of the Playoffs” – Done in consultation with players that also felt strongly in keeping integrity of the competition. Play-in round to give bubble teams with a chance to make playoffs – bubble teams had differing chances of making the playoffs but each had a chance. After that best of 7 for 4 rounds is as per normal. Full competition. SC champion will be deserving.

—————————

Patrick Kane came on after:

– skated 4 times in phase 2 so far

– asked how long he and his team will need – Kane says he personally needs to be on the ice alot but others differ. Thinks there should be tons of time in a 3-week camp

– What safety protocols does he require? its the biggest concern for the players. The phase 2 measures are super precautions so they are in good shape already.

– asked about no fans and fan energy – looking back, we take fans and 22k fans per night for granted a bit. Would like to think the competitive nature of the players will take over and the opportunity to win the cup will drive. Still want to “put on a show”.

——————-

As an aside, Kane has really grown up and matured – it was a well spoken interview.

88. N64 says:

Reja: In my best Jim Carrey voice. So you’re saying there’s a chance.

In my best Jesse voice:

Never say Never

89. OriginalPouzar says:

Reja: What’s the over-under he catches Yak in goals. Yak is ahead by 45, I sit and wonder if Yak would have found his niche with coach Tippett

Considering he’s about to go to his 4th team since leaving the Oilers and, this time, traded for cash, I’m thinking maybe not.

90. OriginalPouzar says:

3 years in the KHL?

I don’t imagine any chance of that happening.

91. Spartacus says:

Brantford Boy: I assume you live in SportNet West region or do you know something that I don’t?I’m probably on my 5th straight year of having to buy the NHL Centre Ice package because on the west coast (Pacific) we don’t get any games unless they’re playing the Canucks or it’s a national broadcast.I’ve even tried to pay for just the West feed separately but that didn’t work either, it was still blacked out.If you’ve figured out a loop hole and aren’t living in the SportNet West region please share… cheers!

I live in the NWT, but I guess we’re part of Oil Country.

I’ve never noticed any games being blacked out, we seem to get games from the East and Pacific, as well as all the Calgary and Edmonton games.

Sorry I can’t help.

92. Harpers Hair says:

Reja: Me and HH had a $100 bet that we placed half-way through the season which is unpaid ( welching) . I would have let him of the hook because of the shortened season but he took such great pleasure when Mcdavid went down and was rubbing it in enough to piss me off. Then Leon the Lion emerged from the ashes to carry the team and win the hart. When Mcdavid surprisingly returned early and proceeded to blowby Mackinnon like he was standing at a bus stop in Newfiefill,all was well in Oilerland.

Tell you what…

Since you keep whinging about this, let’s extend the bet.

The wager will extend to the playoffs but will not include the play in or round robin since the potential games played are different.

You would enter the bet with 4 points in the bank.

If McDavid gets more points than MacKinnon, you win.

If MacKinnon outscores McDavid by 5 points in the playoffs, you lose.

If the Oilers lose to Chicago in the play in, you also will lose since the Oilers will not be in the playoffs.

You in?

93. JimmyV1965 says:

dustrock: Yeah I get the perceived value being high. He was Karpat’s leading scorer and 4th in SM Liiga over.

Do you think he can duplicate that?

That’s the thing. What does Jesse have to do to increase his trade value? I’m not sure even winning the scoring title does anything but maintain the status quo.

94. OriginalPouzar says:

Spartacus: I live in the NWT, but I guess we’re part of Oil Country.

Sorry I can’t help.

Yes, the territories are part of the Oilers viewing region so all 82 Oilers games are available either on SN regional broadcast or national broadcast.

Outside of the Oilers viewing region, the regional games on SN will be blacked out (unless one is in BC, for example, and they are playing the canucks, the regional Canucks broadcast would be available).

95. leadfarmer says:

Harpers Hair: Tell you what…

Since you keep whinging about this, let’s extend the bet.

You would enter the bet with 4 points in the bank.

If McDavid gets more points than MacKinnon, you win.

If MacKinnon outscores McDavid by 5 points in the playoffs, you lose.

You in?

Why would he extend a bet that he won already??

96. OriginalPouzar says:

Harpers Hair: Tell you what…

Since you keep whinging about this, let’s extend the bet.

You would enter the bet with 4 points in the bank.

If McDavid gets more points than MacKinnon, you win.

If MacKinnon outscores McDavid by 5 points in the playoffs, you lose.

You in?

May I ask why you aren’t honoring your wager?

McDavid had more points, end of story, no?

Is you issue the season ending early? Well, point per game, McDavid towered over MacKinnon this season and has done so every year McDavid has been in the league.

You point a recent hot streak by MacKinnon but McDavid was just as hot.

I don’t see any honest way not to honor this.

97. Harpers Hair says:

leadfarmer: Why would he extend a bet that he won already??

Because he didn’t win.

The bet was based on a complete season and MacKinnon had a game in hand.

98. Harpers Hair says:

OriginalPouzar: May I ask why you aren’t honoring your wager?

McDavid had more points, end of story, no?

You point a recent hot streak by MacKinnon but McDavid was just as hot.

I don’t see any honest way not to honor this.

End of story…no.

99. OriginalPouzar says:

https://theathletic.com/1870340/2020/06/15/lebrun-nhl-coaches-make-their-selke-trophy-picks-and-inside-the-calder-debate/Here’s what I decided to do. I reached out to a source on 11 Western

Conference teams not named Colorado or Vancouver last week and asked a simple question: Makar or Hughes for the Calder?

While most of the respondents qualified their answer by saying how difficult the choice was, I hope Canucks fans avert their eyes to what comes next.

Out of the 11 responses from 11 different Western Conference team sources, 10 voted for Makar and one abstained, saying it was a 50-50 coin toss for him.

100. leadfarmer says:

Harpers Hair: Because he didn’t win.

The bet was based on a complete season and MacKinnon had a game in hand.

Season is complete
    The points from here on out are not counted
    Fantasy hockey leagues finished because of this. I would have loved more games to try and move up from 4th in my league.
    Pretty straight forward
    You made a bet and you lost the bet.
    If the worst thing that happens to you because of the pandemic that you lost a bet you were losing then consider yourself lucky

101. leadfarmer says:

Harpers Hair: Because he didn’t win.

The bet was based on a complete season and MacKinnon had a game in hand.

You are also trying to move the goalposts
    Lots of witnesses on here

102. Side says:

Harpers Hair: Because he didn’t win.

The bet was based on a complete season and MacKinnon had a game in hand.

LOL

103. Reja says:

Harpers Hair: Because he didn’t win.

The bet was based on a complete season and MacKinnon had a game in hand.

Calm down relax: I’ll tell you what, I just got off the the phone with Vegas and even though Connor has a 4 point lead the Oilers will be playing for their lives. If they manage to win their next opponent will be tough while the Avalanche will be playIng in a a 3 game exhibition love fest waiting to play a weaker opponent once the actual playoffs begin. After all is said and done if Mackinnon outscores Mcdavid in total points counting the regular season and playoffs we are Even Steven. If by the grace of God Mcdavid ends up with more points you donate $225 dollars to our fine host. Deal or No Deal.

104. Harpers Hair says:

leadfarmer: Season is complete
    The points from here on out are not counted
    Fantasy hockey leagues finished because of this.I would have loved more games to try and move up from 4th in my league.
    Pretty straight forward
    You made a bet and you lost the bet.

You know how much your opinion matters to me?

105. leadfarmer says:

Harpers Hair: You know how much your opinion matters to me?

About as reliable as your word is it seems

106. Harpers Hair says:

Reja: Calm down relax: I’ll tell you what, I just got off the the phone with Vegas and even though Connor has a 4 point lead the Oilers will be playing for their lives. If they manage to win their next opponent will be tough while the Avalanchewill be playIng in a a 3 game exhibition love fest waiting to play a weaker opponent once the actual playoffs begin. After all is said and done if Mackinnonoutscores Mcdavid in total points counting the regular season and playoffs we are Even Steven. If by the grace of God Mcdavid ends up with more points you donate $225 dollars to our fine host. Deal or No Deal.

Phhhhtttt.

Either MCDavid can do it or he can’t.

Take the bet as I laid it out or pound sand.

Your call.

107. Reja says:

Harpers Hair: You know how much your opinion matters to me?

Come on Sheila all I’m hearing are crickets.

108. SkatinginSand says:

TSN only broadcast Oiler games as part of their former national broadcast rights. Sportsnet has had the Oilers regional rights (any games not broadcast nationally) since they got them from ITV (now Global) in the 90s.Even then, it was not that long ago that they tried the PPV ripoff, which was a well deserved disaster. TSN has regional rights for Winnipeg, Ottawa and Montreal (Toronto rights are shared by TSN and Sportsnet) All regular season games are broadcast and, IMHO, they are far superior to Sportnet’s amateur offerings.

109. BONE207 says:

Harpers Hair: Phhhhtttt.

Either MCDavid can do it or he can’t.

Take the bet as I laid it out or pound sand.

Your call.

Shit happens, Injuries happen & Covid happens…

Double or nothing seems like the play here. Those tectonic plate movements haven’t let up we see…

110. OriginalPouzar says:

Harpers Hair: Because he didn’t win.

The bet was based on a complete season and MacKinnon had a game in hand.

He didn’t win…..

He had more points. He was producing points at a much higher rate this season, and every season since he’s been in the league.

An honest man acknowledges the wager was lost, pays his debt and moves on.

111. jp says:

Harpers Hair: Phhhhtttt.

Either MCDavid can do it or he can’t.

Take the bet as I laid it out or pound sand.

Your call.

I am very surprised that Reja offered you those far too kind terms and genuinely shocked that you’re not willing to accept them…

112. Reja says:

Harpers Hair: Phhhhtttt.

Either MCDavid can do it or he can’t.

Take the bet as I laid it out or pound sand.

Your call.

I thought of There’s a tear in my beer and relished it was Hank Jr song and the terrible news of his beautiful 27 year old daughter dying in a roll over on the highway last week.

113. jp says:

I think we can wonder that about every failed Oilers prospect in memory.

I’d take the over on Puljujarvi FWIW, though of course it’s not sure thing he even returns to the league.

114. N64 says:

leadfarmer: You are also trying to move the goalposts
    Lots of witnesses on here

~ HH is observing Moving Day, again ~

[ ̄ ̄]ノ( º _ ºノ)

115. jp says:

jp: Fairly certain he’s Oilers property for 4 seasons after this one. It would have been 7 NHL seasons, ie- 2023, if he hadn’t departed the league but this year in Finland has coordinated the “years of service” and “age” requirements for UFA.

Capfriendly lists “must sign by” 2024 (while highlighting “27 yo birthday” as the reason). 2024 is 4 years away. But Puljujarvi JUST turned 22, and will only be 26 in 4 years…

116. Reja says:

Harpers Hair: Phhhhtttt.

Either MCDavid can do it or he can’t.

Take the bet as I laid it out or pound sand.

Your call.

How about a side bet for $100 on the Hart trophy I’ll take lazy Leon against your man Mr. Mackinnon?

117. maudite says:

OriginalPouzar: He didn’t win…..

He had more points.He was producing points at a much higher rate this season, and every season since he’s been in the league.

An honest man acknowledges the wager was lost, pays his debt and moves on.

Yeah…considering a thread or two a go he was talking about betting in P/G…

I don’t care one way or other about flip flopping trolling just for the hell of things but holy crap straight up whelch when you know for certain he’d be losing his mind if same was pulled the other way (if circumstances were reversed) followed by the absolute most garbage weighted reupping.

HH: this round is grown ass man embarrassing style.

118. Side says:

If the NHL can give awards to players based on their performance in a shortened season, what’s HH’s excuse I wonder?

119. London Jon says:

Hey HH, let’s lock in that bet we had pretty much nailed down that went quiet.

5 years, Bouchard vs Rafferty, regular season points as per your assertion that Rafferty would probably score more.

We were talking about £x per point over 5 years which I think you felt had too much open ended risk for you.

On reflection an amount to charity per year seems more sensible.

So I propose $75 per year to the charity of the winners choice. Bet is void for any years that a player has a serious injury that rules a player out of 25 plus games (as per your request). Shortened seasons count if 42 games or more are played.

Let’s do it.

120. Hockey Project says:

SkatinginSand: TSN only broadcast Oiler games as part of their former national broadcast rights. Sportsnet has had the Oilers regional rights (any games not broadcast nationally) since they got them from ITV (now Global) in the 90s.Even then, it was not that long ago that they tried the PPV ripoff, which was a well deserved disaster. TSN has regional rights for Winnipeg, Ottawa and Montreal (Toronto rights are shared by TSN and Sportsnet)All regular season games are broadcast and, IMHO, they are far superior to Sportnet’s amateur offerings.

I could be remembering wrong, but I seem to remember the Oilers games also being aired on CFRN and A-Channel in between ITV and Sportsnet.

121. hunter1909 says:

Reja: I sit and wonder if Yak would have found his niche with coach Tippett

Yak could turn up at camp and blow the doors off…

122. ArmchairGM says:

Hmm… this made me go and look up the stats. When McDavid went down with the quadriceps injury early February, the leaderboard looked like this:

1. Draisaitl: 55, 31-54-85 (1.55 P/GP)
    2. McDavid: 55, 30-51-81 (1.47)
    3. Pastrnak: 56, 38-39-77 (1.38)
    4. MacKinnon: 53, 31-44-75 (1.42)
    5. Panarin: 52, 27-45-72 (1.38)

When McDavid was cleared to play in late February, the leaderboard looked like this:

1. Draisaitl: 61, 35-62-97 (1.59)
    2. Pastrnak: 63, 45-43-88 (1.40)
    3. MacKinnon: 61, 33-51-84 (1.38)
    4. Panarin: 60, 31-52-83 (1.38)
    5. McDavid: 55, 30-51-81 (1.47)

Only Pastrnak seemed out of reach based on a reasonable finish from McDavid. But that’s not what happened… from his return to the end of the season, here’s how each of these 5 players produced along with their rank in the NHL during that time:

1. McDavid: 9, 4-12-16 (1.78)
    6. Draisaitl: 10, 8-5-13 (1.30)
    8. Panarin: 9, 1-11-12 (1.33)
    28. MacKinnon: 8, 2-7-9 (1.13)
    52. Pastrnak: 7, 3-4-7 9 (1.00)

BOOM. And McDavid was sick part of that time. A rested CMD who was scoring near 2 P/GP prior to the break has got to be scary for the Blackhawks.

New for The Athletic: Oilers prospect Raphael Lavoie’s possible impact in his first year pro

124. OriginalPouzar says:

Jason Botterill fires in Buffalo

125. OriginalPouzar says:

jp: I’m confused now whether it’s 4 or 5 more years (though remain sure it’s not 3).

The trigger is 7 Accrued Seasons or 27 years of age on June 30 of the year the contract ends.

So, for Jesse:

– age trigger: this will be for the 2025/26 season for age – 5 more years.

– Accrued season trigger: He’s accrued 3 as as the trigger is essentially 40 games on the roster.

He’s got 5 more years at the longer but 4 more “NHL seasons” to bump it up a year by coming back.

126. jp says:

OriginalPouzar,

Capfriendly lists the Oilers holding his until 2024/age 27 though (my link above). So there seems to be a disconnect.

127. OriginalPouzar says:

jp:
    OriginalPouzar,

Capfriendly is an elite source but I will defer to the CBA wording unless its ambiguous on this one.

When he becomes a UFA will defer depending on if (and when) he comes back to the NHL.

If he doesn’t, then its when he’s 27 on June 30 of the ending season.

If he comes back this year (and stays) it’ll bump up by one year as he has 4 more NHL seasons to vest.

Section 10.1(a)(i):

Any Player who either has seven (7) Accrued Seasons or is 27 years of age
    or older as of June 30 of the end of a League Year, shall, if his most recent
    SPC has expired, with such expiry occurring either as of June 30 of such
    League Year or June 30 of any prior League Year, become an Unrestricted
    Free Agent

An accrued season is essentially 40 games on the NHL roster – he has accrued 3.

Recall, in his 18 year old season, they send him down after the 40th game – a clear (but unofficial and unsubstantiated) verbal agreement with Jesse to vest a year.

128. jp says:

OriginalPouzar,

I know all that and agree with the interpretation. Capfriendly is normally very reliable though so I wonder if there’s something we’re missing. It very well may be just an error on their part.

129. OriginalPouzar says:

It may be worth it to reach out to them via twitter – they aren’t quite as responsive as Puckpedia but often due respond to queries.

130. jp says:

OriginalPouzar,

Yes that might be worth doing. I’m not on twitter but maybe someone else cares enough to ask.